Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Nothing like starting the game with 30 lives!! I used to play Contra for hours! Loved that game!

Pretty sure that was a later version then... the one we had only played pong and looked like this... View attachment 2532012

You had to sit right next to each other to play because each of those dials is for one person.
Ooohhh ... I think we had that (not sure, might just have had the cartridge for the 400 ...)

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
Let me date myself... In 9th grade I learned DOS programing on a Tandy computer! I also remember playing Mario Brothers before they were "Super", lol I got my NES for Christmas the first year they were out... in 7th grade.
First video game I played was Pong. Yikes. I remember when NES came out and I wanted it just so I could play Shadowgate. And when I went outside to play I had to go uphill, both ways, to and from the climbing tree, where of course I used to hide from the Pterodactyls. Rock music still consisted of banging two rocks together. Good times.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi guys. OMG, to say that I thought I was an old man here... But I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one to have known all these computer dinosaurs, consoles, and all these games that seem archaic these days, and yet, those who made what we know now, something I could not even have dreamed of a few decades ago. Well ok... My post on the first computer I assembled was not innocent. Before leaving, I wanted to know with what kind of individuals I enjoyed chatting so much. I must say that I did not expect such an avalanche of revelations. I wanted to respond to each of your posts, but it would take me a long time to tell everyone what I want. As you know, at least the regulars on this thread, I have things to say about all the posts since mine about windows 3.1 (just for the last 48 hours), but we leave tomorrow, and the preparations in progress are exhausting. Some of you have surely experienced going on vacation with a female companion. She leaves in the summer but also takes her winter stuff just in case. Well this time, it was me who, counting my suitcases, almost rented a container, and it was Minou who said to me, mockingly... Don't bring the tractor, dad can lend you the his if you want... Me? stress? Maybe a little bit. :giggle:
But I'll stop, I'm going off topic on my own post. I wanted to tell you that we won't be on the forum as often anymore, discussing all that interesting stuff, and I'm going to miss it. I will miss you old farts. The community of old farts on F95 is larger than I imagined, and I feel like home on this thread, thanks to you. hah.. I'm getting sentimental now. Maybe we should have an F95 flashmob. Minou and I have done this on a lot of sites, and it's quite funny to discover people in the flesh. Unlikely? Yeah I know! Either way, take care of yourself and your loved ones. We'll still be here today, but after that... :cool:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

♂♀

Last edited:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Hi guys. OMG, to say that I thought I was an old man here... But I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one to have known all these computer dinosaurs, consoles, and all these games that seem archaic these days, and yet, those who made what we know now, something I could not even have dreamed of a few decades ago. Well ok... My post on the first computer I assembled was not innocent. Before leaving, I wanted to know with what kind of individuals I enjoyed chatting so much. I must say that I did not expect such an avalanche of revelations. I wanted to respond to each of your posts, but it would take me a long time to tell everyone what I want. As you know, at least the regulars on this thread, I have things to say about all the posts since mine about windows 3.1 (just for the last 48 hours), but we leave tomorrow, and the preparations in progress are exhausting. Some of you have surely experienced going on vacation with a female companion. She leaves in the summer but also takes her winter stuff just in case. Well this time, it was me who, counting my suitcases, almost rented a container, and it was Minou who said to me, mockingly... Don't bring the tractor, dad can lend you the his if you want... Me? stress? Maybe a little bit. :giggle:
But I'll stop, I'm going off topic on my own post. I wanted to tell you that we won't be on the forum as often anymore, discussing all that interesting stuff, and I'm going to miss it. I will miss you old farts. The community of old farts on F95 is larger than I imagined, and I feel like home on this thread, thanks to you. hah.. I'm getting sentimental now. Maybe we should have an F95 flashmob. Minou and I have done this on a lot of sites, and it's quite funny to discover people in the flesh. Unlikely? Yeah I know! Either way, take care of yourself and your loved ones. We'll still be here today, but after that... :cool:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

♂♀
Don't forget us while you're working so hard. We all love chatting with you. You guys are a big part of what I love about this thread. I for one will miss you're posts and your input! Have a blast! We all hope to see you again soon.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Don't forget us while you're working so hard. We all love chatting with you. You guys are a big part of what I love about this thread. I for one will miss you're posts and your input! Have a blast! We all hope to see you again soon.
We won't forget you, that's for sure. And we are glad to have met you on this thread. From the big dodgy jokes to the reviews you gave about the game, to the completely derailed discussions, we've also had the two best moments on this site, a real blast. We know we will be back, remains to be seen when we can. We will do our best to keep in touch as soon as work allows us to take a break. we're still going to have fun, we love our job, and we hope you too will have a blast.
Enjoy guys! See you in a while :love:;)

♂♀

zacic10

Jul 17, 2021
why renpy got lag when i play? the 32bit version of games are good, but the normal .exe sometimes got lag when i'm playing

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
We won't forget you, that's for sure. And we are glad to have met you on this thread. From the big dodgy jokes to the reviews you gave about the game, to the completely derailed discussions, we've also had the two best moments on this site, a real blast. We know we will be back, remains to be seen when we can. We will do our best to keep in touch as soon as work allows us to take a break. we're still going to have fun, we love our job, and we hope you too will have a blast.
Enjoy guys! See you in a while :love:;)

♂♀
Have an awesome trip! Pack lighter next time. Happiness when traveling begins with the realization that you really don't need very much stuff. Don't forget your other half though. You need her. :p

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Have an awesome trip! Pack lighter next time. Happiness when traveling begins with the realization that you really don't need very much stuff. Don't forget your other half though. You need her. :p
Thank you and all of you :love:
It's certainly not the same flight as the Lexi plane with almost 15 hours of travel with a stopover, but I already know that we will find something naughty to do during those long hours. :p
And, don't worry, I won't forget my other half. I move very badly on one leg. Other than our princesses, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me in my life. My best friend, my confidante, my lover, my... well, I think you get the picture, right? :giggle: behave in the meantime, but not too much :sneaky:
The taxi arrives in a quarter of an hour...

♂♀

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Thank you and all of you :love:
It's certainly not the same flight as the Lexi plane with almost 15 hours of travel with a stopover, but I already know that we will find something naughty to do during those long hours. :p
And, don't worry, I won't forget my other half. I move very badly on one leg. Other than our princesses, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me in my life. My best friend, my confidante, my lover, my... well, I think you get the picture, right? :giggle: behave in the meantime, but not too much :sneaky:
The taxi arrives in a quarter of an hour...

♂♀
Take care you two. See you on the flip side!

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Enjoy guys! See you in a while
Grif already said it well, but we'll try to keep the lights on for whenever you do get to check in. Things won't be quite as lively in the mean time but looking forward to hearing what new tales you have even if it is less frequent. Again, safe travels! :)

Here we go :)
Damn you. Got me tapping my feet and bopping my head, thinking about doing some cleaning and all pumped up... and now I've got to try to somehow get to sleep so I can work in the morning. :p

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Grif already said it well, but we'll try to keep the lights on for whenever you do get to check in. Things won't be quite as lively in the mean time but looking forward to hearing what new tales you have even if it is less frequent. Again, safe travels! :)

Damn you. Got me tapping my feet and bopping my head, thinking about doing some cleaning and all pumped up... and now I've got to try to somehow get to sleep so I can work in the morning. :p
Damn...I don't even believe it; I'm in front of the taxi, and I can't let go of the conversation on my smartphone, and it's complicated with my big fingers to type something on this little thing. Don't try to fall asleep anymore. turn up the sound and just dance!

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes