♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Oh my god... Are you having a garage sale? I see you dug out the antiques... Did you really keep all that old stuff?
Hi guys I'm just passing by quickly, the boss made me promise not to touch the internet, and confiscated my laptop. Some sort of rehab that she says I need. I just escaped from the parent's ranch, pretending to go for a walk, so hush! If she finds out, I'll be on cleaning duty... I love horses, but damn... they don't pretend to shit. Well, I'm not going to linger to avoid arousing suspicion. have fun with your old stuff.
Brout (in escape mode)

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Oh my god... Are you having a garage sale? I see you dug out the antiques... Did you really keep all that old stuff?
Hi guys I'm just passing by quickly, the boss made me promise not to touch the internet, and confiscated my laptop. Some sort of rehab that she says I need. I just escaped from the parent's ranch, pretending to go for a walk, so hush! If she finds out, I'll be on cleaning duty... I love horses, but damn... they don't pretend to shit. Well, I'm not going to linger to avoid arousing suspicion. have fun with your old stuff.
Brout (in escape mode)
Ha! You sneaky little… I knew there was something fishy. All those little walks while I was busy. You asked for it, sir... Besides, I just found out that you gave information about me... Once again? You are done! :D
1681502830484.jpeg

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Ha! You sneaky little… I knew there was something fishy. All those little walks while I was busy. You asked for it, sir... Besides, I just found out that you gave information about me... Once again? You are done! :D
View attachment 2546513
Been missing ya'll.

If you ever make it out near Lubbock. Be sure and say hi. Maybe I'll buy you some B-B-Q!

• Red Heart
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Been missing ya'll.

If you ever make it out near Lubbock. Be sure and say hi. Maybe I'll buy you some B-B-Q!
We already miss ya'll too.
If I didn't know him so well, I'd be jealous, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not tempted to come every day. It's hypocritical of me, I know, but I was counting on him to help me get off the hook too, because next week starts the real work. Unfortunately Lubbock is not on our itinerary, at least for now, with a first work meeting in Austin tomorrow, we then leave for LA, then NY, and Boston are on the schedule for the next three months. We lost a lot of freedom by signing these new contracts, with the utmost discretion required of us, and tight planning, which is one of the downsides. But I'm sure my little cheating man would be as happy as I would to meet you, as well as others here, around a bbq or whatever. :love:

on b&m's case other is veggie and other is meateater so luck with that.
who said i'm vegan? brout? I tried this diet once, and it's true that I'm very careful about my figure, and I respect the philosophy "A healthy mind in a healthy body"as a former model. But!
Firstly, I am a FORMER model
Secondly, I'm from Texas, I aint some goody two-shoes girl and grown up in a farm
thirdly, and to quote someone else, "I'm too old for this bullshit" :p

Whelp, if the name ever changes to just Minou, we'll know why ...
Oh no... He's a bad boy but I'm his bad girl. I'm just going to punish him a little ;)

But Tuco, what about him?
Last I heard, he's still on the run :D

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Unfortunately Lubbock is not on our itinerary, at least for now, with a first work meeting in Austin tomorrow,
While I know you do, I'm not sure how many people on this board realize how much of a deal it is to go from Austin to Lubbock. Not a very long flight, but probably not a lot of them given the size of the cities (unlike Houston/Dallas where SW has almost hourly flights each day). And it definitely isn't just a quick drive, despite what the show "Walker, Texas Ranger" led people to believe. ;)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
via bird it's 535 km and via road i think 600+ km so 10ish hrs drive.
In Texas, we use "miles" if we use such measures at all (about 375 or so driving). Normally, however, we use "time", and it's around 6 hours if you keep to the speed limit by the most direct route; so about 5 hours real time. ;)

Reactions: Grif1001

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
In Texas, we use "miles" if we use such measures at all (about 375 or so driving). Normally, however, we use "time", and it's around 6 hours if you keep to the speed limit by the most direct route; so about 5 hours real time. ;)
well i have no idea what are speedlimits (if there are any and if those are obeyed) so used 60kph as a speed.

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
My first hand held game system...
Untitled.png
Wow, had that exact same thing... very relaxing to play with and ended up working well for decades.

Had one of those, too. We also got a "Pong" when they came out, and this was my first handheld. ;)

View attachment 2539356
I have no idea what my first handheld was. I recall some crappy LCD games with a few different flashing lines to make it look like things were moving. When it comes to football though I recall "playing" with my father's electric football game which was one of these:

2023-04-16_11-25-31.jpg

I use the term "playing" very loosely as you'd set up the figures, turn on the power, and then complete madness would ensue:

Garage sale? <scoff> I'd keep everything if I could. I've been forced (or just chose) to get rid of ton of stuff over the years for various reasons but between myself and some other family members we've still got a lot of great old stuff stored away. Despite not having done D&D type roleplaying games in decades, I still have my collection of Dragon magazines from when I was a kid and all my old books and manuals. My brother still has our entire collection of Nintendo Power, haha. Collections of action figures have sadly been largely gotten rid of but I've tried to keep some of my favorites at least. We still have a bunch of our old gaming/console systems as well and I hold a bit of grudge over ones family members sold or got rid of (despite the fact that they'd just be sitting in a box somewhere anyway).

When I started to get older and moved around more my physical hoarding tendencies transferred to digital hoarding and now I worry more about things like building the sufficient storage and backup systems and absolutely hate having to move from one system to another at this point. Looking at programs on old HDDs is painful as I wish I could just move some of the old or highly modified/customized games/apps onto a new system as they were and have them work as as they used to. Time and technological progress makes it so things can easily become outdated or unusable and old pictures/movies keep getting smaller as resolutions increase. :cry: Digital music is one of the few things that so far has held up relatively well since the late 90s... except nowadays it's so convenient to just listen to almost any song online that my mp3 collection gets neglected and is rarely added to at this point.

who said i'm vegan? brout? I tried this diet once, and it's true that I'm very careful about my figure, and I respect the philosophy "A healthy mind in a healthy body"as a former model. But!
Firstly, I am a FORMER model
Secondly, I'm from Texas, I aint some goody two-shoes girl and grown up in a farm
thirdly, and to quote someone else, "I'm too old for this bullshit"
:LOL: I've been on a few interesting diets myself for health reasons (more often to either gain weight and energy or just get healthy after bouts of illness rather than losing weight) and could never do the vegan thing... I do eat some vegan and vegetarian stuff though as it can be delicious. Still, at this point in my life I need real treats to deal with stress, haha.

How is it that you two made a big deal out of not being around as much and I'm the one that didn't have time to check in for a week? :p Kidding, glad to get the updates and sad to hear the real work starts so soon. Best of luck! The east coast will start emergency preparations for dealing with the looming threat of your arrival. ;)

• Haha

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
well i have no idea what are speedlimits (if there are any and if those are obeyed) so used 60kph as a speed.
Do you really think any driver in Texas (or anywhere, really) drives an average of under 40mph to go anywhere further than the grocery store? You mustn't know anything about driving in the US (or, frankly, any place that has any kind of car culture or appreciation for automobiles at all).

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
depends where your taking about freeway speed limits mostly between 65 to 80 mph= 105 to 129 kph
for more residential or urban settings between 25 and 35 mph= 40 to 56kph
most people drive over the limit though

Reactions: hampsure

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Do you really think any driver in Texas (or anywhere, really) drives an average of under 40mph to go anywhere further than the grocery store? You mustn't know anything about driving in the US (or, frankly, any place that has any kind of car culture or appreciation for automobiles at all).
i know speedlimit means to "some" muricans as minimum speed and actual speed is twice that.

• Haha
Reactions: hampsure

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
i know speedlimit means to "some" muricans as minimum speed and actual speed is twice that.
In parts of West Texas the limit is 85MPH; most interstates are 75MPH; "in town" freeways/tollways are typically no less than 60MPH and usually 65MPH. Most major non-highway roads are at least 40MPH - all of these are well above your "average" estimate. A significant portion of the Austin to Lubbock route would be 75MPH.

• Yay, new update!
4.80 star(s) 560 Votes