Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I just finished another AVN over the weekend and I'm at the point where I need to make a decision about what to do next... do I FINALLY do the next playthrough of LoF, start playing one of the other completed games I've got queued up (which could be either pretty straight-forward or quite involved dependent on the game), play an update to another game I've played, try a newer game in development to see if it interests me, or spend the time on something else entirely? I realize asking here people will have an obvious bias but I thinking I'm looking for a nudge to choose that option anyway. ;)
Which routes have you played so far?

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Odds of that part may be actually tougher than the other. True blue friends like Chris are extremely hard to come by and then even harder to hold on to over time.
I am very lucky in that respect, I actually have one. We've been friends for 26 years now, but I moved 5 years ago and now I only see him about once a year.

Reactions: hampsure

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Oh... that explains the SECEDE bumper sticker on my vehicle...I wondered why I put it there, lol
No need to lie, we know it says CECEED and is right next to your LEXIED one. ;)

Which routes have you played so far?
Still only the Cece one. I was originally planning on doing Linda next just because I was really curious about what was going on with her when I'd finished the first playthrough and it seemed like it'd be a bit more straightforward/similar to the Cece route than Lexi/Holly routes, but I'm pretty certain I've changed my mind and want to do the Lexi route next. It's been long enough that I'm really looking forward to experiencing it all again (hardest part may be not choosing Cece, lol... well, and the emotions of course).

I am very lucky in that respect, I actually have one. We've been friends for 26 years now, but I moved 5 years ago and now I only see him about once a year.
Cheers to that. I'm in a similar situation myself... my closest friend and I have stuck it out together through thick and thin the past 24 years but with distance and other things in our own lives we rarely get to actually see each other anymore. Text messages and the occasional crazy catch up phone calls are how we keep in touch more regularly these days.

• Haha
Reactions: Grif1001

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
No need to lie, we know it says CECEED and is right next to your LEXIED one. ;)
Now I want to make those, Especially the LEXIED one!!

Still only the Cece one. I was originally planning on doing Linda next just because I was really curious about what was going on with her when I'd finished the first playthrough and it seemed like it'd be a bit more straightforward/similar to the Cece route than Lexi/Holly routes, but I'm pretty certain I've changed my mind and want to do the Lexi route next. It's been long enough that I'm really looking forward to experiencing it all again (hardest part may be not choosing Cece, lol... well, and the emotions of course).
Honestly, I would say do Lexi next and do all of the extras if you know them, like contact Lexi before she calls you when you are with Kira, start the party on the plane, etc.
And, my recommendation is that you make a save point when you first meet Holly at Lexi's place and she pulls you to the side and asks how you feel about Lexi, because one of the options is to flirt with Holly at that point. Then later you can play the Lexi/Holly path from that point forward without starting all over.

(to be honest, if you make a save point when Chris asks you how you feel about Steph in the clothing store, you can pretty much start all future routes from that point if you want a quicker/shorter game.

Reactions: hampsure

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Honestly, I would say do Lexi next and do all of the extras if you know them, like contact Lexi before she calls you when you are with Kira, start the party on the plane, etc.
:) That's what I'm planning. I think I remember most of it from the first time around when I was doing as much as possible but will still be referencing the WT anyway (does enabling the DLC WT mention that stuff?). On the plane, when she asks you to come see her outfit does it matter if you're early or on time? I know that being on time nets you an extra point with her but I prefer the version of the scene when you're early (don't know if that affects anything else). ;)

And, my recommendation is that you make a save point when you first meet Holly at Lexi's place and she pulls you to the side and asks how you feel about Lexi, because one of the options is to flirt with Holly at that point. Then later you can play the Lexi/Holly path from that point forward without starting all over.

(to be honest, if you make a save point when Chris asks you how you feel about Steph in the clothing store, you can pretty much start all future routes from that point if you want a quicker/shorter game.
Thanks for the tips! For this playthrough I did want to start fresh again but I definitely wanted to do the Lexi/Holly (and just Holly ending) as a follow up and other routes (Linda and Steph) likely won't start from the very beginning again either.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
other routes (Linda and Steph) likely won't start from the very beginning again either.
The only thing I will say is you might consider a full restart on the Steph play through and then not sleep with Kira and/or Robin, because if you sleep with them you will feel like a real jackass later when Steph tells you that you are the only one she's ever been with. Just a personal preference thing for me. I got to that point and had to go all the way back and play through again. I was like nope. I spend 2 years pining over this girl and then 3 days before she comes back I start sleeping around... not happening.

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
The only thing I will say is you might consider a full restart on the Steph play through and then not sleep with Kira and/or Robin, because if you sleep with them you will feel like a real jackass later when Steph tells you that you are the only one she's ever been with. Just a personal preference thing for me.
(y) I actually went back in my original playthrough after having initially slept with them and made a save where I rejected them that I continued from since I wanted to be able to tell Cece honestly that Steph was the last one I'd been with.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Was driving me nuts reading the inaccurate info. lol. Here you go.

View attachment 2559229
That chart supports what I was saying in the first place: up to 85 in Texas (though a smaller area than I believe it was a couple of decades ago), mostly 75 on highways, but 80 on some, 65 near the cities - my nearest big city is Houston so that was my point of reference. That's also where that pink blob is - probably, Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Matagorda, Galveston and Washington Counties. Maybe parts of some others. Please challenge me on that. Please, please, please. ;)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Was driving me nuts reading the inaccurate info. lol. Here you go.

View attachment 2559229
I've just got to say that this map is just all kinds of confusing...

First off, why are Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana all outlined in white and nothing else is? Are those the states that are seceding with Texas now?

Second, both Hawaii and Alaska are way farther from Texas than this map shows, and Alaska is way bigger in real life, but here it looks comparable to Nevada.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

First off, why are Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana all outlined in white and nothing else is? Are those the states that are seceding with Texas now?

Second, both Hawaii and Alaska are way farther from Texas than this map shows, and Alaska is way bigger in real life, but here it looks comparable to Nevada.
Well, the borders are just artifacts of the transparency settings. I have no answers for the far-away states ;-)

cheezed

Sep 28, 2019
Do you really think any driver in Texas (or anywhere, really) drives an average of under 40mph to go anywhere further than the grocery store? You mustn't know anything about driving in the US (or, frankly, any place that has any kind of car culture or appreciation for automobiles at all).
Imagine thinking you can consistently do the speed limit in *insert gridlocked us city here*

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Imagine thinking you can consistently do the speed limit in *insert gridlocked us city here*
You have to know the patterns. Live some place long enough, and you know its ebbs and flows. As for highway driving, once you get on a Texas state highway or interstate, maintaining the speed limit (or greater) isn't much of a challenge unless there's an accident, hurricane evacuation, or massive DPS revenue operation.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
When George W Bush was Governor of Texas he said something about making the speed limit higher and a reporter asked him "Just how fast do you think Texans should be allowed to drive?" to which he replied, "As fast as we can."
that's easy with ford f-150 and similar.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

Latitude adjusted, actual Texas landmass is more comparable to Alaska than if you look on a map - the flat maps exaggerate land masses nearer the poles. Texas will still fit within the boundaries of Alaska, but it's more akin to punching a hole to make a ring than punching a hole to make a donut.

Well, until Alaska melts. ;) (Just an old joke.)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
It's really not that hard. Most cities aren't as "gridlocked" as TV and Movies make them out to be. That's typically only when there is a major wreck.
We have these neat things called city planning departments, Traffic control departments, and a number of other city and state organizations that work together and employee engineers and engineering firms all for the sole purpose of controlling traffic patterns and adding and expanding highways to account for increased traffic flow five to ten years prior to reaching perpetual gridlock.
This keeps everything flowing as close to the speed limit as possible with the exception of a few hours a day (1.5 to 2 in the am and again in the pm) known as rush hour.
Which is also the name of a pretty good movie franchise.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
It's really not that hard. Most cities aren't as "gridlocked" as TV and Movies make them out to be. That's typically only when there is a major wreck.
We have these neat things called city planning departments, Traffic control departments, and a number of other city and state organizations that work together and employee engineers and engineering firms all for the sole purpose of controlling traffic patterns and adding and expanding highways to account for increased traffic flow five to ten years prior to reaching perpetual gridlock.
This keeps everything flowing as close to the speed limit as possible with the exception of a few hours a day (1.5 to 2 in the am and again in the pm) known as rush hour.
Which is also the name of a pretty good movie franchise.
And the more they try to fix the Houston Galleria area, the worse they seem to fuck it up! :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes