Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I am sure my comment has been echoed a thousand times throughout this thread, but are there any other routes worth pursuing after the absolute killer Cece route? Loved this game!
They're all worth pursuing (no complete duds) Most arguments come between those who think Cece's and Lexi's are the best routes. Of the other four girls, my favorites are (in order) Linda, Steph, Kira, and then all other paths. I'm also a fan of Holly, but she doesn't really have her own path, although she is definitely available in multiple ways.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
They're all worth pursuing (no complete duds) Most arguments come between those who think Cece's and Lexi's are the best routes. Of the other four girls, my favorites are (in order) Linda, Steph, Kira, and then all other paths. I'm also a fan of Holly, but she doesn't really have her own path, although she is definitely available in multiple ways.
I second that, they are all worth your time. I don't really have a rating between one girl or the other, because they are all different in their way (except for Holly of course), which is a strong point of this game, there is at least one girl for almost everyone.
But be careful.... Holly available in multiple ways?.... Not at the same time, okay? *tsk tsk tsk* :sneaky:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I second that, they are all worth your time. I don't really have a rating between one girl or the other, because they are all different in their way (except for Holly of course), which is a strong point of this game, there is at least one girl for almost everyone.
But be careful.... Holly available in multiple ways?.... Not at the same time, okay? *tsk tsk tsk* :sneaky:

I suppose the proper way to put it is there's only one way to get her, but there's multiple ways to go once you do.

Reactions: Grif1001

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
after extract file mod how do nxt step?
View attachment 2577504
wow ... okay, you shouldn't do that there, but I believe the SanchoMod folder and the two *.rpa files are the only things that came out of the sancho zip.

Take those files and MOVE them inside the "game" folder that's inside the "LeapofFaith 1.0c-pc" folder.

It would have been easier to put the sanchomod zip file inside that game folder and unzip it from there, but as long as you put the files in the proper place, how you start is irrelevant I suppose.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
wow ... okay, you shouldn't do that there, but I believe the SanchoMod folder and the two *.rpa files are the only things that came out of the sancho zip.

Take those files and MOVE them inside the "game" folder that's inside the "LeapofFaith 1.0c-pc" folder.

It would have been easier to put the sanchomod zip file inside that game folder and unzip it from there, but as long as you put the files in the proper place, how you start is irrelevant I suppose.
I guess I am of the other school of thought and always unzip everything into it's own individual file first and then open the file I want to move it into and drag and drop. That way I know exactly what files I dropped into the game and if there are any little extras, like junk text or document files, I delete those and save the space instead of having thousands of little junk files scattered around, lol

Reactions: Elhemeer

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I guess I am of the other school of thought and always unzip everything into it's own individual file first and then open the file I want to move it into and drag and drop. That way I know exactly what files I dropped into the game and if there are any little extras, like junk text or document files, I delete those and save the space instead of having thousands of little junk files scattered around, lol
I also open into a separate folder not part of the game folder, then cut and paste the necessary files. Same basic reason. Keeps the trash to a minimum.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
This is exactly how I do it. In fact, I go so far as to put a "z" in front of all mod zips and folders to keep them separated from the game zips and folders, then I copy and paste from the mod folders into the proper place. I keep the last two versions of the mod, and when I remember, I go through and delete all but save files from older than 3 versions of the game. Lastly, stick an "a" on the current version of the game.

An example

Screenshot 2023-04-27 194616.png

I just didn't want to get too complicated with the guy.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
This is exactly how I do it. In fact, I go so far as to put a "z" in front of all mod zips and folders to keep them separated from the game zips and folders, then I copy and paste from the mod folders into the proper place. I keep the last two versions of the mod, and when I remember, I go through and delete all but save files from older than 3 versions of the game. Lastly, stick an "a" on the current version of the game.

An example

View attachment 2578590

I just didn't want to get too complicated with the guy.
This is how I organize my stuff.

AVNs I'm currently playing or next in line are in a Game folder on my PC, along with folders for downloading and unpacking mods & tools, the folder where I accumulate images before archiving and the folder where I maintain notes on my routes - very handy for those AVNs that don't have naming activiated or a mod that provides the ability.

After unpacking the AVNs and the mods, I save them to a "Downloads" folder on my designated external, only keeping the most recent set of zip files for any particular AVN. I also have a folder on the external for the image archives of each AVN, and the most recently completed version of the AVN. There are two folders, actually: one for ongoing AVNs and one for completed AVNs. Once an AVN is complete, I usually don't hold onto the download files.

When I unpack, it's on the PC, then I grab the unpacked essential elements from the Mods folder and cut/paste into the appropriate folder(s) for the AVN. After unpacking, I move off the zip files to the appropriate folder under "Downloads" on the external, keeping them named as they were originally packed.

Structure.jpg

Cahmon

Jul 24, 2021
1682708128073.png

I've been so busy working on the game this week, I almost didn't register it's Friday, and dev update already.

The whole week went for playtesting through the different routes, doing script changes and variable checking, and oh boy, it's a lot to test.

Script size is almost 18,000 lines of code and dialogue, which is way bigger than any of the chapters in LoF. The render count is less than LoF chapter 8 though, so that should give you some perspective of visual content vs. the amount of scripting going into a new release with new functionality and UI look.

It's been a very tough episode to make, with me upgrading from 3090 to 4090 GPUs early, only to realize it wasn't fully supported in Daz Studio and the current Nvidia drivers. In addition to that, a 3d asset that is used a lot in this release has been confirmed by Daz to be faulty and has been giving constant rendering errors. But playing through the episode now, it was all worth it.

Remember, this isn't LoF 2. It's a completely different game. And although it has its emotional moments, there's no way I'm going to put you through the emotional damage you got from LoF... at least not in episode 1. :)

But I hope you enjoy the release, and getting to know the girls. There's a lot of fun yet to come.

As usual, there will be no dev diary next week due to the release and the week after, before going back to weekly updates.

All the best, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty

SEVEN DAYS TO RELEASE!! :love:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
2 things...

1st, That's larger than the entire hard drive of my first 3 computers put together.

2nd, I miss read the second line of your signature, missed the first "s" in exists, and just spent the last 20 minutes searching Exits before posting... :ROFLMAO:
well on my 1st i had bit over 10 gigs of hdd space (doubled when switched to XP), 2nd jumped to 320 and 3rd has bit under 2 teras total space (games would need more space).

also get glasses. :p

• Haha

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Been a real busy past week or so and just checking in now, going to leave this post here and start catching up after that... how come B&M always seem to show up again when I'm not around? :unsure: Anyway...

Lexi Route completed (previously had done Cece)... I laughed, I cried, I got all worked up with anticipation of stuff I knew was coming and I'm not sure if that made it better or worse. The second playthrough made me appreciate the game even more with how well things work, the writing, and how it seems each route gives you a fuller picture and greater appreciation of it all (from different angles). So much happens that I get how people can play this over and over and never get tired of coming back to it. So MANY great little moments. Also, replay is hard not to do as this game just constantly goads you into thinking about all the girls you didn't pick, which is unfortunately extremely relatable to me, lol.

I also used (what ended up being my own highly customized version of) the great original music mod and though there were some songs here and there I either didn't care for or didn't feel fit as well as the final version, it had way more songs that did add a new aspect to the enjoyment and now I have bunch of new songs that I love (ended up making a playlist of all my favorite tracks from both versions that I've been listening to nonstop).

I did choose not to turn on the extras or dev commentary yet as I wanted to experience the first time through the Lexi route without it distracting or biasing me. I did read/view some of what's included in the files for it though and it's great stuff I'll be turning on in a future playthrough.

My personal verdict on the Lexi route: It was decent and she's adorable (and sexy) but it didn't stack up to the Cece route for me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Up next: Lexi/Holly followed by Holly solo. I'm not sure if I'll take a break or not between playthroughs this time... I do have the feeling of needing to let myself have a cool-down period after playing again but their routes are so connected I kinda want to do them while the Lexi one is fresh in my mind. Regardless, I won't be waiting nearly as long between playthroughs this time. :D

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
I miss read the second line of your signature
I constantly misread "Engaged Members" as "Enraged Members" (some more-so than others). :LOL: At least they're not Engorged I guess (or Throbbing for that matter) given what forum this is.

That's larger than the entire hard drive of my first 3 computers put together
Your first computers that HAD hard drives you mean? ;)

Last edited:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Been a real busy past week or so and just checking in now, going to leave this post here and start catching up after that... how come B&M always seem to show up again when I'm not around? :unsure: Anyway...

Lexi Route completed (previously had done Cece)... I laughed, I cried, I got all worked up with anticipation of stuff I knew was coming and I'm not sure if that made it better or worse. The second playthrough made me appreciate the game even more with how well things work, the writing, and how it seems each route gives you a fuller picture and greater appreciation of it all (from different angles). So much happens that I get how people can play this over and over and never get tired of coming back to it. So MANY great little moments. Also, replay is hard not to do as this game just constantly goads you into thinking about all the girls you didn't pick, which is unfortunately extremely relatable to me, lol.

I also used (what ended up being my own highly customized version of) the great original music mod and though there were some songs here and there I either didn't care for or didn't feel fit as well as the final version, it had way more songs that did add a new aspect to the enjoyment and now I have bunch of new songs that I love (ended up making a playlist of all my favorite tracks from both versions that I've been listening to nonstop).

I did choose not to turn on the extras or dev commentary yet as I wanted to experience the first time through the Lexi route without it distracting or biasing me. I did read/view some of what's included in the files for it though and it's great stuff I'll be turning on in a future playthrough.

My personal verdict on the Lexi route: It was decent and she's adorable (and sexy) but it didn't stack up to the Cece route for me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Up next: Lexi/Holly followed by Holly solo. I'm not sure if I'll take a break or not between playthroughs this time... I do have the feeling of needing to let myself have a cool-down period after playing again but their routes are so connected I kinda want to do them while the Lexi one is fresh in my mind. Regardless, I won't be waiting nearly as long between playthroughs this time. :D
That's fine, I still love Lexi best!
Many of the girls in my upcoming VN will be fans of Lexi.
Especially Alexis who thinks that she is destined to meet Lexi one day since her name even has "lexi" in it.
Alexis even wears her hair in the same style as Lexi!
Alexis teaser1.jpg

• Red Heart
Reactions: hampsure

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Many of the girls in my upcoming VN will be fans of Lexi.
Especially Alexis who thinks that she is destined to meet Lexi one day since her name even has "lexi" in it.
Alexis even wears her hair in the same style as Lexi!
Looking good there... though you just reminded me that I actually really loved when Lexi had her ginger hair for the disguise :love: and younger Lexi with the blonde hair (and slightly lighter complexion?) looked pretty damn good too.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes