hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
5) I took that to mean “If you never got pleasure from having sex, would you do it?” … and they’re both kinda waisted, so looking at the line with beer goggles is appropriate.
Yep, I considered that after I thought more about it and I think that's a good interpretation given the situation... whether or not it's what she meant they probably both would have been pretty messed up in that state and not given it too much thought beyond "oh yeah that sounds about right." :giggle:

So, yeah, from my unique point of view, I can see her point.
Sorry to hear, but thanks for the perspective. I'd have to agree with you looking at it from that perspective. I was on a cocktail of meds at one point which made it extremely difficult to finish which could be very frustrating but not necessarily painful and at worst only a bit unpleasant at times. Luckily, that wasn't a permanent thing and got better with changes in medication and time. With and without that issue there were times where I recall having sex with no expectation for myself to finish though... maybe I am just really odd after all. :oops:;)

BTW, I'm in chap 6 of the Lexi/Holly route and taking a bit of a break (I should really stop for the evening or I may be up way too late). Playing through a portion of the Holly route again has actually raised my appreciation for it thus far. I think most of my issues still stand but I also didn't give it enough credit either... not saying it's up to Cece levels ;), but it's definitely gone up a notch in my book. I think my favorite part is how the scene plays out with the MC and Lexi on the plane ride back home... it's gotten me all choked up twice in row now (Casey Parnell's Shot in the Dark playing really adds to it as well).

Also another piece of Developer's Commentary that blew my mind regarding Holly/Lexi route:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Grif1001

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Whoops missed this:

2) quick question... probably has nothing to do with it, and it is probably an oversight, but did you win the ass game earlier on that play-through?"
Yep, won the assgame... good point though Robin would give the MC shit for losing at pretty much anything. :LOL:

Edit: I checked the script file for that part from my original question and seems like it was an oversight as Robin will always say "That's a double loss for you tonight" if she wins the singing game (nothing else is checked) but if she loses it does check to see if you told her you were Assman so that she can say "I still beat you today though" if you did.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yep, I considered that after I thought more about it and I think that's a good interpretation given the situation... whether or not it's what she meant they probably both would have been pretty messed up in that state and not given it too much thought beyond "oh yeah that sounds about right." :giggle:

Sorry to hear, but thanks for the perspective. I'd have to agree with you looking at it from that perspective. I was on a cocktail of meds at one point which made it extremely difficult to finish which could be very frustrating but not necessarily painful and at worst only a bit unpleasant at times. Luckily, that wasn't a permanent thing and got better with changes in medication and time. With and without that issue there were times where I recall having sex with no expectation for myself to finish though... maybe I am just really odd after all. :oops:;)

BTW, I'm in chap 6 of the Lexi/Holly route and taking a bit of a break (I should really stop for the evening or I may be up way too late). Playing through a portion of the Holly route again has actually raised my appreciation for it thus far. I think most of my issues still stand but I also didn't give it enough credit either... not saying it's up to Cece levels ;), but it's definitely gone up a notch in my book. I think my favorite part is how the scene plays out with the MC and Lexi on the plane ride back home... it's gotten me all choked up twice in row now (Casey Parnell's Shot in the Dark playing really adds to it as well).

Also another piece of Developer's Commentary that blew my mind regarding Holly/Lexi route:
:ROFLMAO: :love: :ROFLMAO:o_O *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

... But yea, glad we got what we got, but the idea of that third choice, while not something I think fits in the game as it was finished, that it lives on in some elseworld we'll never see brings a tear to my eye ...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
:ROFLMAO: :love: :ROFLMAO:o_O *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

... But yea, glad we got what we got, but the idea of that third choice, while not something I think fits in the game as it was finished, that it lives on in some elseworld we'll never see brings a tear to my eye ...
I think that somewhere in my elseworld there's a Lexi - Cece threesome lurking about...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
No worries, i play 20+ other AVNs, it was pure luck that i remembered this one and that Drifty is working on a new game :lepew:

Sometimes, the threads are even better then the AVNs themselves :LOL:
when you click watched you see all games you are watching, it can get really long although.

I think that somewhere in my elseworld there's a Lexi - Cece threesome lurking about...
not in kaz's head.

deducify

Mar 26, 2023
Been a real busy past week or so and just checking in now, going to leave this post here and start catching up after that... how come B&M always seem to show up again when I'm not around? :unsure: Anyway...

Lexi Route completed (previously had done Cece)... I laughed, I cried, I got all worked up with anticipation of stuff I knew was coming and I'm not sure if that made it better or worse. The second playthrough made me appreciate the game even more with how well things work, the writing, and how it seems each route gives you a fuller picture and greater appreciation of it all (from different angles). So much happens that I get how people can play this over and over and never get tired of coming back to it. So MANY great little moments. Also, replay is hard not to do as this game just constantly goads you into thinking about all the girls you didn't pick, which is unfortunately extremely relatable to me, lol.

I also used (what ended up being my own highly customized version of) the great original music mod and though there were some songs here and there I either didn't care for or didn't feel fit as well as the final version, it had way more songs that did add a new aspect to the enjoyment and now I have bunch of new songs that I love (ended up making a playlist of all my favorite tracks from both versions that I've been listening to nonstop).

I did choose not to turn on the extras or dev commentary yet as I wanted to experience the first time through the Lexi route without it distracting or biasing me. I did read/view some of what's included in the files for it though and it's great stuff I'll be turning on in a future playthrough.

My personal verdict on the Lexi route: It was decent and she's adorable (and sexy) but it didn't stack up to the Cece route for me.

Up next: Lexi/Holly followed by Holly solo. I'm not sure if I'll take a break or not between playthroughs this time... I do have the feeling of needing to let myself have a cool-down period after playing again but their routes are so connected I kinda want to do them while the Lexi one is fresh in my mind. Regardless, I won't be waiting nearly as long between playthroughs this time. :D
Literally what I'm planning to do as well. I am gonna try Lexi+Holly's path and then Linda's.

I wanted to take a break after my first walkthrough in order to replay the game again and keep it somewhat refreshing and not having to skip too much.

I haven't used the music mod but it seems like a good idea. Some of the tracks in this game are just outright amazing.
Speaking of...do you mind sharing your playlist? I'd love to check it out.. :)

Reactions: hampsure

deducify

Mar 26, 2023
View attachment 2580008

I've been so busy working on the game this week, I almost didn't register it's Friday, and dev update already.

The whole week went for playtesting through the different routes, doing script changes and variable checking, and oh boy, it's a lot to test.

Script size is almost 18,000 lines of code and dialogue, which is way bigger than any of the chapters in LoF. The render count is less than LoF chapter 8 though, so that should give you some perspective of visual content vs. the amount of scripting going into a new release with new functionality and UI look.

It's been a very tough episode to make, with me upgrading from 3090 to 4090 GPUs early, only to realize it wasn't fully supported in Daz Studio and the current Nvidia drivers. In addition to that, a 3d asset that is used a lot in this release has been confirmed by Daz to be faulty and has been giving constant rendering errors. But playing through the episode now, it was all worth it.

Remember, this isn't LoF 2. It's a completely different game. And although it has its emotional moments, there's no way I'm going to put you through the emotional damage you got from LoF... at least not in episode 1. :)

But I hope you enjoy the release, and getting to know the girls. There's a lot of fun yet to come.

As usual, there will be no dev diary next week due to the release and the week after, before going back to weekly updates.

All the best, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty

SEVEN DAYS TO RELEASE!! :love:
Man I just hope it runs without any stutters unlike LOF.

Maybe it's due to the poor optimisation of RenPy 8 ?

Summer's Gone ran on my PC smoothly without any issues and it's the best looking VN I have played so far. The renders and cinematics are beyond words.
I remember people being surprised that LOF ran on my PC when I first mentioned the stutters but after playing Summers Gone, thers definitely more to it.

Just hope that I don't have to deal with it in the new game coz it really ruins the moment.

deducify

Mar 26, 2023
Are there desktop computers you don't need a graphics card to play games?
Ryzen processors have decent integrated graphics. AFAIK Ryzen does it better than Intel. Although the latest Intel processors hold up fairly well. It really depends on what games you're playing. VNs can definitely run without graphic cards just fine.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Ryzen processors have decent integrated graphics. AFAIK Ryzen does it better than Intel. Although the latest Intel processors hold up fairly well. It really depends on what games you're playing. VNs can definitely run without graphic cards just fine.
I would have agreed with this statement (about Renpy games at least) until Renpy 8 games started to show up ...

• Haha
Reactions: deducify and cxx

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Often, a local computer shop can have some fairly decent rebuilt system for a new PC enthusiast to start out on for pretty damn cheap. One does not need to spend thousands of $$ to get the latest builds. Specially if you don't plan on spending all your time using it. This is a good option to figure out if you would really want to start saving for a higher end system a few months down the road.

You can also look into building your own. Generally speaking a desktop computer is like a big Lego set, all you really need is good guidance to buy the correct parts. More often than not building it yourself can save a few hundred $$, especially if you're fine with integrated graphics. Most motherboards will accept CPU's with integrated graphics as well as offer you the option of add a dedicated graphics card later on.

Reactions: deducify
4.80 star(s) 560 Votes