funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
If you mean me, I never referred to a Tandy at all. I was into computers before they really came on the scene.
lol Figures.
I started C & Pascal programing classes in 6th or 7th grade back in "81 I believe it was (give or take a yr). If I recall was on a Apple IIe or was it Apple III. And who doesn't have a story of messing with the teachers' test program on discs. I used to have all my old hardware as well, until a flood dealt with them. All those old 6" floppies gone. :/

Lesson learned to never keep your old nostalgic hardware in the basement. lol

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Ya, our C64 had one too... and before that our Vic20.
oh god yeh forgot about those. And while we're at it, I remember the following Commodore 128. where if you wanted to switch to C64 all you had to do was type in the console "goto C64 + Enter" and the entire interface would switch over to a C64.

Poke and Peek.. omg, the basic language. I spent WAYYYY too much time on those things. :ROFLMAO:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
oh god yeh forgot about those. And while we're at it, I remember the following Commodore 128. where if you wanted to switch to C64 all you had to do was type in the console "goto C64 + Enter" and the entire interface would switch over to a C64.

Poke and Peek.. omg, the basic language. I spent WAYYYY too much time on those things. :ROFLMAO:
My biggest irritation was that they changed something in the hardware between the 64 and the 64c models. The hardware reset button I had on a cartridge item wouldn't function on a 64c, that was highly irritating.

Now, back on the topic of the ladies here, I must be an outlier, as I really didn't care for Cece at all, and Lexi didn't really flip my switches either. For me, no question, it was all about Kira.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Now, back on the topic of the ladies here, I must be an outlier, as I really didn't care for Cece at all, and Lexi didn't really flip my switches either. For me, no question, it was all about Kira.
Not necessarily, I can see the appeal for going for someone Like Lexi. The center stage slightly awkward girl. And I certainly get that Cece certainly won't appeal to the masses.

And on some level I do kinda go for Kira and/or Robin as mostly unattainable types, there's definitely and huge appeal there. Hell, even Stephanie on some masochistic kind of angle.

But my first goto will mostly be a Cece-like character. Because of some events in my late teens I was faced with a similar situation with my best friend at the time. And After all these years I still can't shake the fact that I never saw the signs he was dropping to me and his GF. And neither of us saw a single clue. Until one evening after work, coming home to worst news. And without dragging this out more than necessary, every now and again I'm haunted by those memories. No matter how much I know that I shouldn't blame myself for it, those feelings of failure always linger and return.

Playing this game the first time last year, was such a gut punch. But on some weird level, it's almost therapeutic to play Cece's story path. I do love all other characters in the game, but, in essence there you have it.

deducify

Mar 26, 2023
My biggest irritation was that they changed something in the hardware between the 64 and the 64c models. The hardware reset button I had on a cartridge item wouldn't function on a 64c, that was highly irritating.

Interesting... It was Cece all the way for me. Everything kind of just fell right in place. Choosing Cece definitely made everything harder to digest.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I liked Kira right up until I met Robin, "Say we both want to do some Stamp collecting, Pick something else." "Legos?" "Ok, say we both want to play some Legos..." lol

deducify

Mar 26, 2023
Not necessarily, I can see the appeal for going for someone Like Lexi. The center stage slightly awkward girl. And I certainly get that Cece certainly won't appeal to the masses.

And on some level I do kinda go for Kira and/or Robin as mostly unattainable types, there's definitely and huge appeal there. Hell, even Stephanie on some masochistic kind of angle.

But my first goto will mostly be a Cece-like character. Because of some events in my late teens I was faced with a similar situation with my best friend at the time. And After all these years I still can't shake the fact that I never saw the signs he was dropping to me and his GF. And neither of us saw a single clue. Until one evening after work, coming home to worst news. And without dragging this out more than necessary, every now and again I'm haunted by those memories. No matter how much I know that I shouldn't blame myself for it, those feelings of failure always linger and return.

Playing this game the first time last year, was such a gut punch. But on some weird level, it's almost therapeutic to play Cece's story path. I do love all other characters in the game, but, in essence there you have it.
I'm sorry you had to go through that. Loosing a friend is very hard. I can relate to it. I lost a friend a couple years ago. She was met with a horrible RTA.

I agree with the story being therapeutic. The idea of 'what if it never happened' or 'what if the consequences and outcomes were different' is something I ponder about from time to time. LOF is structured that way. The way Drifty puts it 'this is just a game' is something I wish that I could experience in real life (Quoting Grif1001 here) 'because that's how a loving father would always hope their child's story turns out'.

Cece's story for me is a way to escape the bitterness of a harsh reality even if it's just for a while.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 560 Votes