Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
She has come back with her husband to MC's city and still wants him as her lover it seems.
I mean if it's as dangerous for MC as people are speculating for him to see her, Steph trying to get back with MC seems like a real dick move.

And she seems to have a habit of making dick moves in regards to the MC.

Once is an accident,twice is a coincidence,three times is enemy action.

Reactions: mofonistik

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Though I am not a giant fan of the arranged marriage theory it is still much better than the "Steph is a spook and had to leave on a mission" idea. Currently my list of theories:

1) Steph is somehow tied to the MC's dad and wasn't supposed to fall for him but did.

2) Arranged marriage

3) She's an undercover police officer

4) She's a spook

Regardless, it doesn't matter, she's married or "married" and the MC needs to move on so she can't hurt him again
I'm fine with any of those options, personally I'm more interested in Cece and Lexi.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
error also using oscars mod as well just to clarify before anyone asks
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script03.rpy", line 3084, in script
    show screen general_notifytop with dissolve
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 510, in execute_show_screen
    renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Screen general_notifytop is not known.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script03.rpy", line 3084, in script
    show screen general_notifytop with dissolve
  File "F:\Agames\L\Leap_of_Faith\LeapofFaith-0.3.1c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "F:\Agames\L\Leap_of_Faith\LeapofFaith-0.3.1c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Agames\L\Leap_of_Faith\LeapofFaith-0.3.1c-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 510, in execute_show_screen
    renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Agames\L\Leap_of_Faith\LeapofFaith-0.3.1c-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1107, in show_screen
    raise Exception("Screen %s is not known.\n" % (name[0],))
Exception: Screen general_notifytop is not known.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Leap of Faith 0.3.1c
Fri Jul 24 18:27:04 2020

Mpkstroff

Sep 16, 2017
Dude... I want you to take a moment and apreciate Chris. I kinda like this type of male character in games (like Derek and Liam from DrPinkCake).
Like all the girls (-1 ...you know who xD), but Chris has already taken a piece of my heart xD

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
E
Dude... I want you to take a moment and apreciate Chris. I kinda like this type of male character in games (like Derek and Liam from DrPinkCake).
Like all the girls (-1 ...you know who xD), but Chris has already taken a piece of my heart xD
I like Chris as well,I'm just not sure I entirely trust him. Not in a he's trying to NTR the MC way,more of I think he's keeping secrets from the MC.

May 2, 2017
Yea. If a game makes me care about MC's friend, then you know you're playing a good game.
I'm not a huge of Steph now, but it is clear to tell there's more to her story. From what we saw from MC's flashbacks, she doesn't seem that bad so I won't close off her character just yet.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
so I've deleted my comment since it's upsetting everyone. I don't hate this character, I don't like her, either. I totally okay with other people not liking her, like I said 'don't like her? just skip her part'

LOL, you guys happy phapping.

I guess you are right, I will delete this one afterwards.
It's not a case of upsetting people you worded it really weirdly.

You made it sound like people who didn't like Step were being hypocritical because they played a cheating MC even though when Steph abandoned him he wasn't cheating.

The reason people like me hate her is because she abandoned the man she claimed to love, let him spiral into depression, get married to another man then come back and expect the MC to jump in bed with her like nothing ever happened even thought she is still married to someone else.

Now, were this real life and we were in that position, hardly anyone here would give her the time of day because she fucked up majorly.

I'm not going to make decisions in game I wouldn't make myself and I currently have my Mc going after Cece and have no desire to give Steph another chance.

What you do is your business, that's for you to decide but you damn sure don't get to tell me what decisions I can make.

May 2, 2017
E

I like Chris as well,I'm just not sure I entirely trust him. Not in a he's trying to NTR the MC way,more of I think he's keeping secrets from the MC.
I feel like you're talking about the one scene where it showed Chris getting messages from Steph. She texted Chris to not tell the MC she is there because she probably thought it would freak him out. He listened to her and didn't tell the MC about it. I can't remember exactly what he said, but he confronts the MC about it in the clothing shop saying he should've told the MC. I don't think he's shady. He's a genuine friend.

Reactions: Glooskabe

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, I don't know why but I have the same feeling. I just feel like he might know more than he is letting on.

Yea. If a game makes me care about MC's friend, then you know you're playing a good game.
I'm not a huge of Steph now, but it is clear to tell there's more to her story. From what we saw from MC's flashbacks, she doesn't seem that bad so I won't close off her character just yet.
TBH my anti-Steph thing is simply the fact there are so many options who aren't people who've mysteriously disappeared for 2 years. If everyone was a new character with no history she would beat out Linda, and perhaps Robin, for looks. Though, since we've not see her enough, we can't judge her personality against the other LIs.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Though I am not a giant fan of the arranged marriage theory it is still much better than the "Steph is a spook and had to leave on a mission" idea. Currently my list of theories:

1) Steph is somehow tied to the MC's dad and wasn't supposed to fall for him but did.

2) Arranged marriage

3) She's an undercover police officer

4) She's a spook

Regardless, it doesn't matter, she's married or "married" and the MC needs to move on so she can't hurt him again
she never did, but some things are out our control, still im not going to beat a dead horse, you keep thinking bad of her if you want, if that letter did not atleast change a bit your view my arguments wont do that either.

May 2, 2017
Yeah, I don't know why but I have the same feeling. I just feel like he might know more than he is letting on.

TBH my anti-Steph thing is simply the fact there are so many options who aren't people who've mysteriously disappeared for 2 years. If everyone was a new character with no history she would beat out Linda, and perhaps Robin, for looks. Though, since we've not see her enough, we can't judge her personality against the other LIs.
That's fair enough. Personally I find her character to be intriguing and for that reason, I am not jumping on the hate train yet. If we're going for looks, I think she's my least favorite while Kira is in the top. With a big lead.

Reactions: MrFriendly

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
The letter did change some of my opinion of her but to come back jump his bones while being married.... i get it we do not know the whole story yet but i still would not be able to deal with it well personally.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
The letter did change some of my opinion of her but to come back jump his bones while being married.... i get it we do not know the whole story yet but i still would not be able to deal with it well personally.
While i'm intrigued for her story, i feel the same way. Even if later we find out something that redeems her somehow, i still wouldn't bang her in the end of the first chapter. It's just too absurd to do it after all she put the MC through. I want some really good answers.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
This Dev was inspired by Dr Pinkcake so does he have an anti mod/cheat script in his game and stupid mini games? :(

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, seeing that she stuck the note in his pocket (with the assumption that he'd find it sooner than 2 years later) is a bit of a glimmer of caring but then... She came back and tried to fuck the MC while she is married and (if the MC refuses her) decides to throw a shoe at him. So on one hand we have: former feelings of love, a note professing her love, and lust on sight. And on the other hand: disappearing for two years without explanation, marrying someone else, showing up and trying to fuck the MC, throwing a shoe at him (or him out the window), and still no explanation.

Just don't see any reason to want to end up with her...

aob86

May 12, 2019
There are several cultures in which arranged marriage and honor killing are still a thing today.
This also happens in the west too even although its rarely reported by the media. there is a sizable population of the cultures you mentioned close to me and it happens but the media rarely reports it and the police try to ignore it so they are not called racist but my country is one of the worse for this any non Christian religions can do what they want because authorities don't want to be called racist and women and sadly young girls be damned so personally i feel the arranged marriage thing could be true

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes