Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Also, the first time I played her route, I got half way through and had to go all the way back to the beginning and start it again because I felt like shit when she admits that you're the only one she's ever been with and you can't say the same because 2 days earlier you went stamp collecting, I mean played Legos, or no wait, it was "video games" ;);) with Robin!
I never actually felt guilty about that ... of course, I didn't play her route until about 3rd or 4th run, so I knew what was coming, but I still feel like him holding back for her sake makes even less sense on her path than him holding back for any of the other girls in his life.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As the player who knows what's really happening? Sure, on that level there's a reason to stay true to her. Playing from the character's point of view? Not a chance.

Reactions: Palis61

Palis61

Aug 28, 2023
I never actually felt guilty about that ... of course, I didn't play her route until about 3rd or 4th run, so I knew what was coming, but I still feel like him holding back for her sake makes even less sense on her path than him holding back for any of the other girls in his life.

As the player who knows what's really happening? Sure, on that level there's a reason to stay true to her. Playing from the character's point of view? Not a chance.
yea i completely agree with ya about that from the MC point of view it doesn't make sense to wait on steph but i def understand why as the player u would want to see that play out. Personal opinion but it would make the story between the 2 just a little more romantic

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

Have to check something... be right back, lol

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
yea i completely agree with ya about that from the MC point of view it doesn't make sense to wait on steph but i def understand why as the player u would want to see that play out. Personal opinion but it would make the story between the 2 just a little more romantic
That's true, but their story is kinda the opposite of that. Their story is about perseverance in the face of adversity. So is Linda's story -- both are basically the "never give up" paths.

Lexi and Cece are the true romantic routes (you're basically the Knight in Shining Armor for both of them, showing Lexi what true love is, and of course literally saving Cece's life).

Kira and Robin's paths make up the "adventure" stories, with a touch of "live your life your way" thrown in.

And anything involving Holly is pure drama.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
That's true, but their story is kinda the opposite of that. Their story is about perseverance in the face of adversity. So is Linda's story -- both are basically the "never give up" paths.

Lexi and Cece are the true romantic routes (you're basically the Knight in Shining Armor for both of them, showing Lexi what true love is, and of course literally saving Cece's life).

Kira and Robin's paths make up the "adventure" stories, with a touch of "live your life your way" thrown in.

And anything involving Holly is pure drama.
So yeah, I just played through it real quickly again. I understand about why you say that it doesnt make sense to skip the Robin thing, but it really kind of depands on how you left Steph and your personality.

If you went the closure route and walked out, then yeah it doesn't make sense to pass on Robin, but if you do the window dive, And are able to honestly say to Chris at the store that you will always love Steph, then, in my opinion, it does make sense to pass on Robin.
Because if you still love Steph, but are pissed at her for being married and kicking you out, then sex with Robin really equates to a rebound, or even revenge sex to somehow, in your mind get back at Steph, And that's not fair to Robin.

But I'm a strange breed of guy. I have personally never had sex with a woman who I didn't love at the time and I have never had a one night stand. So for me, it made more sense.
When I originally played Stephs route I didn't start from the beginning, I started from a save on Robin's path and had already slept with Robin before the save.
So I want back and played like a guy who really loved Steph and also cared about other people's feelings too.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So yeah, I just played through it real quickly again. I understand about why you say that it doesnt make sense to skip the Robin thing, but it really kind of depands on how you left Steph and your personality.

If you went the closure route and walked out, then yeah it doesn't make sense to pass on Robin, but if you do the window dive, And are able to honestly say to Chris at the store that you will always love Steph, then, in my opinion, it does make sense to pass on Robin.
Because if you still love Steph, but are pissed at her for being married and kicking you out, then sex with Robin really equates to a rebound, or even revenge sex to somehow, in your mind get back at Steph, And that's not fair to Robin.

But I'm a strange breed of guy. I have personally never had sex with a woman who I didn't love at the time and I have never had a one night stand. So for me, it made more sense.w
When I originally played Stephs route I didn't start from the beginning, I started from a save on Robin's path and had already slept with Robin before the save.
So I want back and played like a guy who really loved Steph and also cared about other's feelings.
Honestly, I don't disagree with your overall thought process ... I guess the only way it works that he won't sleep with Robin because of Steph is that he won't be able to sleep with anyone until he finds a way to resolve things with her, so on that thinking it works ... that still doesn't feel romantic to me though. That feels like someone still stuck in limbo. Someone who hasn't been able to move on, which goes against his speech to Cece at the bench. Would that guy have kissed her there?

Anyway, I do get you though. And none of my rambling is relevant to your experience, it's just how I experience the story.

Shoot. I read a story today and got irritated 'cause the main character spent the entire prolog never achieving her primary goal, even though everything else in her life was actually going perfectly. Still trying to decide if I want to continue reading. I'll probably at least finish the book, but I'm dubious whether I'll enjoy it or not.

Palis61

Aug 28, 2023
Grif1001 Elhemeer yea i agree with a lot of what both of yall are saying it really comes down to how u experienced the story for urself which really goes to show you just how well the game was done in the first place that multiple ppl can have different feelings about each of the LI's and both still be correct at the same time

TGafy

May 14, 2020
I always get lexi options missed in chapter 1. Is it a bug?
Never had that happen to me before. In ch.01, when the phone shows up, click it and take her pic. Dialog options should pop up as the game progresses.

Edit: nvm I completely misunderstood your problem. Grif's gotcha covered.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I always get lexi options missed in chapter 1. Is it a bug?
If you joke about her hair instead of saying she's beautiful, it counts as a missed opp, but you have the potential to get more character points later. Missed opportunities are not all equally important.

Well, I guess that's wrong ...

Last edited:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
If you joke about her hair instead of saying she's beautiful, it counts as a missed opp, but you have the potential to get more character points later. Missed opportunities are not all equally important.
I just played it to test it out. Normally I don't really care if I miss an option, I just play how I want. But a question was asked so I went and played it to see what the options were and how they effected the outcome. The only thing I did different was to say she was beautiful the first time and I got a missed op. The second time, when I joked about her hair I get zero missed options. Did you say it backwards in your comment? because for me when you joke you get zero missed options.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I just played it to test it out. Normally I don't really care if I miss an option, I just play how I want. But a question was asked so I went and played it to see what the options were and how they effected the outcome. The only thing I did different was to say she was beautiful the first time and I got a missed op. The second time, when I joked about her hair I get zero missed options. Did you say it backwards in your comment? because for me when you joke you get zero missed options.
No, I honestly thought it was the other way around. Guess I remembered wrong.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
No, I honestly thought it was the other way around. Guess I remembered wrong.
I can understand that, I honestly thought that it should be the other way before I played it, but if you joke about her hair then all of the other hair refferences in the game make more sense, the "#stupid hair" on her nuke metronome post, the stuff the last day at her place. it's like a running joke that you miss if you tell her that she's beautiful I guess. That's the only thing I can think of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer

Takis Tsoukalas

Jan 29, 2021
Unofficial Android Port for Ch.4 v0.4.1c Compressed :

Download

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports now have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Why thy got Red of that song when he was Dancing on the Jet Plane
Are you talking about when you can see him dancing through the windows from outside of the plane? because that song is still there on my version of the game, it is click sensitive though so you can click or skip right through it if you're not careful. the song is called by Jay Denton

If you are talking about inside the plane when he dances with Linda/Lexi/or Cece(kiss), that dance scene depends on if you are able to link to the planes speakers and "Get the Party Started" which requires you to have downloaded Lexi's songs earlier in the game, and the song that plays during that segment is by DayFox.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes