ShaggyDave76

Feb 8, 2019
Am trying to complete a full playthrough on Windows (Finished Chapters 1-4 and have downloaded the full version now), the previous save file loaded okay, but game lags furiously and becomes unplayable after about a minute or two of play.
This is a HUGE thread, so I didn't have time to check it all, but are there any lag fixes for the Windows version 1.0c that i might have missed? I've already lowered the 'Lexi's Concert' switch, but it still lags.

EDIT: Never mind. I found that, by holding SHIFT when loading any Renpy game, you can adjust the rendering to something easier for Windows to cope with. I think it's the 'Force Angle2' option that worked for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer

QWareZ

Jul 23, 2017
Am trying to complete a full playthrough on Windows (Finished Chapters 1-4 and have downloaded the full version now), the previous save file loaded okay, but game lags furiously and becomes unplayable after about a minute or two of play.
This is a HUGE thread, so I didn't have time to check it all, but are there any lag fixes for the Windows version 1.0c that i might have missed? I've already lowered the 'Lexi's Concert' switch, but it still lags.
Do you use any mods? If so, disable them.

Also, does it happen when you
a) load a different save?
b) start a brand new game (and get to the laggy part)?

Unless someone has a solution, if you are willing to share your save file (you might have used your real name for your playthrough which you don't want to share), I (or anyone else here) can see if we can replicate the issue on our computers. You can find your saves in "Leap of Faith\game\saves" folder.

You can also check the log.txt file in the game folder to see if there is something interesting there.
Not sure how relevant it is, but mine says (amongst other things):
Code:
Performance test:
Interface start took 0.34s

ShaggyDave76

Feb 8, 2019
Do you use any mods? If so, disable them.

Also, does it happen when you
a) load a different save?
b) start a brand new game (and get to the laggy part)?

Unless someone has a solution, if you are willing to share your save file (you might have used your real name for your playthrough which you don't want to share), I (or anyone else here) can see if we can replicate the issue on our computers. You can find your saves in "Leap of Faith\game\saves" folder.

You can also check the log.txt file in the game folder to see if there is something interesting there.
Not sure how relevant it is, but mine says (amongst other things):
Code:
Performance test:
Interface start took 0.34s
I think I managed to fi it. I found that, by holding SHIFT when loading any Renpy game, you can adjust the rendering to something easier for Windows to cope with. I think it's the 'Force Angle2' option that worked for me!
Seems to run fine now!

QWareZ

Jul 23, 2017
Hi! Played this awhile back and loved it! Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for similar games? Would be greatly appreciated Thanks!
I would say Hillside - not a whole lot of sex scenes and deals with some pretty mature/dark topics.
Otherwise Being a DIK is generally good (with way more sex scenes) and also moves towards darker themes as the game progresses.

Dynamike

Sep 20, 2023
Drifty talked a little bit about LoF in the latest U4ia dev diary.
How can I play the Christmas scene? I thought it would be one of the bonus scenes in the DLC version but realized that was a different scene. Do I need to play one of the chapters to make it to the scene? I have played through the entire game (although not the DLC, only got that one later on) and can't remember a Christmas scene with Cece going up to the roof. I would definitely love to play that scene!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
That wasn't a bonus scene that was made, that was what he was planning at one point, then later decided not to actually make it. He was just telling the story about what he was planning. In the story it mentions why.

Dynamike

Sep 20, 2023
That wasn't a bonus scene that was made, that was what he was planning at one point, then later decided not to actually make it. He was just telling the story about what he was planning. In the story it mentions why.
Ah okay, in that case I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification! (y)

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
any dev who wants to make a deeply emotional visual novel should play this first.

I was crying during parts of Cece's storyline.

It's still the benchmark for emotional storytelling.
I don't think they need to play this first just to help make their game deeply emotional. I think it will depend on the person playing the game, just like everything else.

I didn't cry. I wonder if you really did. If so, cool. Some people are quick to cry for many things (books, shows, movies, games etc) it just doesn't work on me.

You need to play more games.

TGafy

May 14, 2020
I don't think they need to play this first just to help make their game deeply emotional. I think it will depend on the person playing the game, just like everything else.

I didn't cry. I wonder if you really did. If so, cool. Some people are quick to cry for many things (books, shows, movies, games etc) it just doesn't work on me.

I'm on the same boat as you here. However, I will add that I've played dozens of avn and out of all of them lof tugged at my heart strings the most. An unforgettable story that easily shot up to my top 5.

QWareZ

Jul 23, 2017

I'm on the same boat as you here. However, I will add that I've played dozens of avn and out of all of them lof tugged at my heart strings the most. An unforgettable story that easily shot up to my top 5.
I have to admit, sometimes I feel a bit guilty for not crying. On the other hand, crying is just an expression of an emotion. An emotion that you still feel, even if you don't show it.

And as I said some time ago, I had to take a break at the end of chapter 6 to contemplate what the hell just happened. That's a thing that rarely happens.

Speaking of tugging heartstrings, I have a friend who doesn't play video games. So I shared the LoF story wit her... Let's just say it hits people who haven't played the game. Later she admitted that she was so moved by the story that she shared it with her friends as well.

So I guess there are LoF fans out there who never played the game...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I have to admit, sometimes I feel a bit guilty for not crying. On the other hand, crying is just an expression of an emotion. An emotion that you still feel, even if you don't show it.

And as I said some time ago, I had to take a break at the end of chapter 6 to contemplate what the hell just happened. That's a thing that rarely happens.

Speaking of tugging heartstrings, I have a friend who doesn't play video games. So I shared the LoF story wit her... Let's just say it hits people who haven't played the game. Later she admitted that she was so moved by the story that she shared it with her friends as well.

So I guess there are LoF fans out there who never played the game...
This right here is why I wish Drifty had made a "Safe" version of the game (as in NSFW with out the "N" content) I really think this game has a beautiful story that could be shared with a much larger audience if it wasn't for 18+.

QWareZ

Jul 23, 2017
This right here is why I wish Drifty had made a "Safe" version of the game (as in NSFW with out the "N" content) I really think this game has a beautiful story that could be shared with a much larger audience if it wasn't for 18+.
I completely get your point and I've been thinking about that as well. Some people will miss on great stories because of the "sex stuff" and some won't share the good story because they are too ashamed to admit they play AVNs.

However, I will admit that I wouldn't have played the game if it wasn't marked as AVN. I found it in the adult section on this forum (is there even any other section?) and if I saw the game in my Steam discovery queue I would have ignored it as I do with 99.99% of the games there.

Maybe sex really sells...

Reactions: Blaqueheart
4.80 star(s) 561 Votes