Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just so you know, there are also a number of games that do cameos of the Leap of Faith characters, as well as cameos from many other games found in LoF. I don't think I know all the games that have cameos in them but I believe Elhemeer does. I know for sure that Artemis and Chasing Sunsets do, both of which are good games in their own right. If you want to see additional Leap of Faith character content, you could start by checking those out. Also Elhemeer might be persuaded to put a list on here with any other games that have LoF cameos in them. (Not my game Elhemeer, it just has tribute content, I mean the ones with actuall cameos) Oh and also, Sea/C/Christine, the half=sister of the LoF MC is a main character in Drifty's new game, u4ia...
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Grif1001 Thx for letting me know. I'm not a big fun of cameos thing. I treasure more the originality and uniqueness. I mean, I wouldn't mind against easter eggs kind of things or such references. But things like the reuse of characters models 1:1 or even their "persons" from one game to another is not that appealing to me.

Every story should have its own end and logical conclusion. Imo, it is wrong to play on hype and the "feelings" of the players. Memories are good when they belong to one title, but they are blurring more and more with each secondary attempt. But it's only my own opinion.

Chasing Sunsets - is on my list too and probably the next one in a row to play :)

This one would be interesting, but I'd prefer to wait until the more content will be released.

? I don't think I get what you mean. If you asking me, of course...
My favorite "cameo" that has come out of this game is the Lexi music joke. At least two other games (Bare Witness and UC8) have perpetuated the "MC has never heard of the most popular pop artist in the world" gag, supported by in-world posters, music and such, without any actual in-person cameo.

Also, Bare Witness is a fantastic game in it's own right, and the final update is due to be released in the next month or two (hopefully month).

Also to clarify, all these cameos are just pass-throughs ... just like the cameos in LoF. Although a couple of the cameos (Artemis, Dreams of Reality) define which LoF route is canon in THEIR games (NOT in Leap of Faith). I don't think any others do.

Lastly, I know there's a Chasing Sunsets cameo in Single Again, but I don't remember a LoF cameo there.

Anyway, that's my "forced" participation. ;) Enjoy!
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My favorite "cameo" that has come out of this game is the Lexi music joke. At least two other games (Bare Witness and UC8) have perpetuated the "MC has never heard of the most popular pop artist in the world" gag, supported by in-world posters, music and such, without any actual in-person cameo.

Also, Bare Witness is a fantastic game in it's own right, and the final update is due to be released in the next month or two (hopefully month).

Also to clarify, all these cameos are just pass-throughs ... just like the cameos in LoF. Although a couple of the cameos (Artemis, Dreams of Reality) define which LoF route is canon in THEIR games (NOT in Leap of Faith). I don't think any others do.

Lastly, I know there's a Chasing Sunsets cameo in Single Again, but I don't remember a LoF cameo there.

Anyway, that's my "forced" participation. ;) Enjoy!
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*
I believe that the MC in Artemis wasn't familiar with who Lexi was either, but I don't remember for sure.

Also Chasing Sunsets does have a "canon route", It's the Lexi/MC route. The newspaper shows the Lexi Engaged!! headline and shows the pic with the MC not Holly.

And finally, it was a total surprise, but I absolutely loved the Chasing Sunset cameo in Single Again!

and now I need to play Bare Witness! ;)

Jan 26, 2024
Just so you know, there are also a number of games that do cameos of the Leap of Faith characters, as well as cameos from many other games found in LoF. I don't think I know all the games that have cameos in them but I believe Elhemeer does. I know for sure that Artemis and Chasing Sunsets do, both of which are good games in their own right. If you want to see additional Leap of Faith character content, you could start by checking those out. Also Elhemeer might be persuaded to put a list on here with any other games that have LoF cameos in them. (Not my game Elhemeer, it just has tribute content, I mean the ones with actuall cameos) Oh and also, Sea/C/Christine, the half=sister of the LoF MC is a main character in Drifty's new game, u4ia...
I remember one reddit post about "all" cameos between a few games. LoF, Summer Scent, Artemis and Chasing Sunsets.

Mostly having Lexi as a well know popstar. But I remember one Cece scene than is a follow up of something in LoF, when she stop to sit in front of the hospital to talk with someone.

And we will understand that DJ scene.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
But I remember one Cece scene than is a follow up of something in LoF, when she stop to sit in front of the hospital to talk with someone.
This one is Dreams of Reality. On Cece's path, when you're on the phone with her at the beginning of the last chapter, she hears a woman yell and goes to talk to her. That scene is continued in Dreams. I need to get to that scene in that game, since I'm actually only guessing that it makes the Cece Path cannon in that game based on it only appearing in LoF on her path ... it could be unclear in Dreams what the relationship is.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I believe that the MC in Artemis wasn't familiar with who Lexi was either, but I don't remember for sure.

Also Chasing Sunsets does have a "canon route", It's the Lexi/MC route. The newspaper shows the Lexi Engaged!! headline and shows the pic with the MC not Holly.

And finally, it was a total surprise, but I absolutely loved the Chasing Sunset cameo in Single Again!

and now I need to play Bare Witness! ;)
I forgot about the newspaper article.

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
I just finished ALL the path in the games (yeah, it takes a long time because it's hit home a lot (I'm a survivor like Cece, just not the same... method)) and good lord that's game is good no matter how many times you play it!

I personally thing that the two best ending is both the Steph one and Cece. Don't take me wrong, I love all of them, but I think these two are equal top 1 for me (for different reason of course). The ending on the Steph's route makes a lot of sense if you immerse yourself that two days before he was still thinking about her, in love with her and with the "differents kind of emotions mixed up" like he said to Chris, it's made sense he wants her back after hearing the story. I know the continuity has a lot of flaws, but thinking about how for the MC, she was his everything, it makes sense.

The Cece's one is like the anchor of everything in the story, and man, it IS a beautiful and tragic story. The ending is really touching and I was a little sad it was the end, I wanted more or their stories.

The only one I personally think is slightly below every other is the solo Holly route. I'm pretty sure some people will know why, but it's felt mostly like a last-minute change (kinda), so I still don't know if that option was planned, or only Lexi/Holly route at first, but yeah not a fan personally.

I have to say tho, this game is really something I'll revisit again because it's hit home so much and it's a sweet reminder for me that everything will be okay at the end.

DriftyGames, thank you! You are a legend and what a story you made! From someone who understand you, I just want to give you a hug! You should be proud of what and who you are!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I just finished ALL the path in the games (yeah, it takes a long time because it's hit home a lot (I'm a survivor like Cece, just not the same... method)) and good lord that's game is good no matter how many times you play it!

I personally thing that the two best ending is both the Steph one and Cece. Don't take me wrong, I love all of them, but I think these two are equal top 1 for me (for different reason of course). The ending on the Steph's route makes a lot of sense if you immerse yourself that two days before he was still thinking about her, in love with her and with the "differents kind of emotions mixed up" like he said to Chris, it's made sense he wants her back after hearing the story. I know the continuity has a lot of flaws, but thinking about how for the MC, she was his everything, it makes sense.

The Cece's one is like the anchor of everything in the story, and man, it IS a beautiful and tragic story. The ending is really touching and I was a little sad it was the end, I wanted more or their stories.

The only one I personally think is slightly below every other is the solo Holly route. I'm pretty sure some people will know why, but it's felt mostly like a last-minute change (kinda), so I still don't know if that option was planned, or only Lexi/Holly route at first, but yeah not a fan personally.

I have to say tho, this game is really something I'll revisit again because it's hit home so much and it's a sweet reminder for me that everything will be okay at the end.

DriftyGames, thank you! You are a legend and what a story you made! From someone who understand you, I just want to give you a hug! You should be proud of what and who you are!
Apparently, there wasn't originally going to be any "ending" with Holly, but she immediately became a fan favorite so he figured a way to work her in (but you really have to work for it, and as you say, there are issues with that path).

That said, I think her solo ending is better thought out than their trio ending — at least it feels that way. The trio ending is just an extension of Lexi's normal non-choice ending.

I think Steph's ending for me would be fine if she was working for anyone other than the government, for obvious reasons. A private security firm that hired her on the recommendation of Melvin would have worked for me, for instance. I like them getting back together, just not a fan of the details.

As for the OTHER details ... I practically wrote a thesis on the timing issues in this game. None of which lessens my enjoyment of the game one bit, but it's still fun to think about how ridiculous it is.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

txe320

Dec 4, 2023
Apparently, there wasn't originally going to be any "ending" with Holly, but she immediately became a fan favorite so he figured a way to work her in (but you really have to work for it, and as you say, there are issues with that path).

That said, I think her solo ending is better thought out than their trio ending — at least it feels that way. The trio ending is just an extension of Lexi's normal non-choice ending.

I think Steph's ending for me would be fine if she was working for anyone other than the government, for obvious reasons. A private security firm that hired her on the recommendation of Melvin would have worked for me, for instance. I like them getting back together, just not a fan of the details.

As for the OTHER details ... I practically wrote a thesis on the timing issues in this game. None of which lessens my enjoyment of the game one bit, but it's still fun to think about how ridiculous it is.

I understand now why I had the feeling it was rushed/not planned. Thanks!

Yeah, most of my issues are with how it's happened and not the ending specifically. I understand better now that I know Holly wasn't planned to be a LI at first.

[SPOILER="Your Thesis is Accurate]
Now that you said that, I understand how that doesn't make sense in game, you are right. The only thing I can think of, is that somewhere Drifty make a mistake in one day and/or forgotten and that's why it's doesn't make sense anymore.

Because, Linda was in love with MC and watched him with Steph can't have happen with the timeline you just wrote. Makes less sense and I understand why people have problems with Steph route, it's because of the the timeline of her story, not about her or her ending.[/SPOILER]

Like you said one thing that could have work for Steph is like you said; Melvin recommended here, or someone else, like she was on the best "recruit" or something like that, that they'll promoted her to work with Melvin on the MC case. At least, he would also understand why she was with Melvin for that long. First time I played, I thought that he will be in the story a little more, even if he was just named, but if you are on Steph's route, we only saw him/heard about him 3 times; watching the MC at Lexi's, in the park at the end, and when you have the option to ask about him when you are talking with Steph about her "new" job.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

With Steph's ending, I had to go back and restart the game because I got to the point where she says that she's never been with anyone but you and it broke me because I had gone all that time without doing anything and 2 days before she reappears in my life I screw Robin and can't be like "Yeah, I haven't been with anyone else either."

I still have to argue that my favorite ending is the Kira+MC/Robin+Chris ending. For me, Kira in that ending is the realization of the healed person that Cece can one day become. Kira previously struggled with a very similar type of darkness that haunts Cece in this game and pushes her to make the decision she does in chapter 6. In this ending, the Kira ending where you set Chris up with Robin, Kira is the closest thing we ever see in the game to a recovered suicidal depressive who is maintaining a solid, happy life with a positive self image. Cece's "bump" ending is hopeful, but she;s not out of the woods yet. the Kira ending is a glimpse at what that healing will ultimately look like...IMHO.

Lexi is still by far my favorite girl though. If she was real, I'd move mountains for her. She's my canon route...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

I completely agree about her going back to Homeland. To me it felt like a cowards way out in every ending. These people/ organization destroied my life, but I don't know what else to do, so I'll just stay with them... That's just fear...

Anyway. I am with you on that point.

Oct 10, 2022

They went to vocational school together for 2 years. Linda quit after the first year because it was not for her, thus her monetary problems. And the vocational school happens to be at the same building with their high school.

Here I retconned it for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

the issue of "school" inconsistencies on balance is a minor problem in Stephanie's story.... :cautious:

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes