TGafy

May 14, 2020
is there any way to skip kira ,cece , linda and robin content ? not intrested in them
Them be fighting words :rolleyes: Prepare for the outrage, you just tossed out over half the LIs in here...

To answer your question: There is no way to completely avoid them. You can avoid them in the intimate sense, but you'll still see them in the story as friends. This isn't a harem game, so pick your girl and stick with her.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
is there any way to skip kira ,cece , linda and robin content ? not intrested in them
:eek:I honestly don't even know how that would be possible. That would be a completely different game! It couldn't even be called Leap of Faith... It would have to be something like...:unsure: "The Singer, the Spy, and the Socialite"...:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer and TGafy

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
:eek:I honestly don't even know how that would be possible. That would be a completely different game! It couldn't even be called Leap of Faith... It would have to be something like...:unsure: "The Singer, the Spy, and the Socialite"...:oops:
Not to mention you can't call it Leap of Faith 'cause there wouldn't be one ...

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Absolutely love and adore this game even after one single blind run. BTW came from and after the BADIK, trying to find something decent to spend time on while waiting for the next episode release. LoF was in my "list". I'm not into "harem" games or ones which just senseless to play and not bringing any emotions during the process.

Used the music restoration mod as well. Because I know how different the playing expirience may be when author picked best tracks and songs during years of development to met the mood of the scenes and set up feelings and emotions in a right way and tone and then *poof* after a copyright claim or other crap hitted, being forced to replace in haste most of them with something suitable but usually much less "right" or just worse than it was originally.

I knew it was a decent game, judging by the reviews and some scraps of information, and that's why I included it in my list. But this is the case when reality has exceeded all expectations. I did not think that I would ever experience more unpleasant sensations (in a good way) and "discomfort" more and stronger than after playing Acting Lessons.

In games like this, I always have a weakness for ladies in distress first. And if it is also flavoured with the captivating or just cute appearance and character traits, then this is just an absolutely determining factor as for me for #1 pick. So you can guess whom did I picked, lol. Never regretted though, even if the ending could supposedly to be absolutely dark.

EP6 hits so damn hard and even in advance, there was so much disturbing hints given before the blank screen with a warning appeared. Such an emotional rollercoaster. And fucking VERY relieved in EP7. And again and again the infinite rollercoaster till the EP8 and epilogue. That exact constant feeling and waiting for something bad again is gonna to happen.

Jumped -> was found. Found -> survived. Survived -> coma. Coma -> waked up. Waked up -> I don't remember anything. I don't remember anything -> I can't feel my legs. I can't remember anything -> Goodbye. Goodbye -> Let me help you. Let me help you -> I remember! ufff.... :giggle:

Every character (mostly girls of course) brings something unique. Some memories and relations, sometimes from your own, some unique characters traits or its flaws. Even if the plot sometimes too far fetched, coincidences enormous, etc, it surprisingly absolutely doesn't spoil this game. We like and love a lot of books and movies which story is far away from reality, sometimes closer to fairy tales. But we love them for HOW their story is told, for characters, for different emotions we experienced through reading or watching them. This is absolutely such a case. It's very good when the plot is quite "realistic" or very plausible, bot nothing bad with even the fairy tales as long as other parts are ok and in place.

Humor is hilarious and mostly in a right place and moment of time. Chris bro jokes and all the girls too. Situation things. Cece's humor and fun moments with her is a something else :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely touching, charming and memorable expirience. Now heading to the other paths and permutations.

cece01.jpg

:love: :coffee:

p.s. I know that this must have been discussed hundreds times already, but I still want to ask and get a clue. Does game creator lost somebody close to him (probably VERY close, like a family member) because of a similar mental malfunction and the followed suicide? Because some things shown too vivid and detailed to be absolutely fictive. Like it's not an imagined case, but something very very private and relative to creator own experience. And that "in loving memory of..." photo thing at the EP6 end. And if it's so - then I have no words :(

Jan 26, 2024
p.s. I know that this must have been discussed hundreds times already, but I still want to ask and get a clue. Does game creator lost somebody close to him (probably VERY close, like a family member) because of a similar mental malfunction and the followed suicide? Because some things shown too vivid and detailed to be absolutely fictive. Like it's not an imagined case, but something very very private and relative to creator own experience. And that "in loving memory of..." photo thing at the EP6 end. And if it's so - then I have no words :(
I am almost sure yes, but found some contradictory answers here and there. I hear about his daughter or son and someone saying than he need to take a break after writing chapter 6. Plus, the "tell my story" thing and "C." in the credits.

My guess is than did tell the story until chapter 6, and there is where the "real" story ends. After that, Cece and C. stories split apart.

• Sad
Reactions: Kpyna

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Absolutely love and adore this game even after one single blind run. BTW came from and after the BADIK, trying to find something decent to spend time on while waiting for the next episode release. LoF was in my "list". I'm not into "harem" games or ones which just senseless to play and not bringing any emotions during the process.

Used the music restoration mod as well. Because I know how different the playing expirience may be when author picked best tracks and songs during years of development to met the mood of the scenes and set up feelings and emotions in a right way and tone and then *poof* after a copyright claim or other crap hitted, being forced to replace in haste most of them with something suitable but usually much less "right" or just worse than it was originally.

I knew it was a decent game, judging by the reviews and some scraps of information, and that's why I included it in my list. But this is the case when reality has exceeded all expectations. I did not think that I would ever experience more unpleasant sensations (in a good way) and "discomfort" more and stronger than after playing Acting Lessons.

In games like this, I always have a weakness for ladies in distress first. And if it is also flavoured with the captivating or just cute appearance and character traits, then this is just an absolutely determining factor as for me for #1 pick. So you can guess whom did I picked, lol. Never regretted though, even if the ending could supposedly to be absolutely dark.

EP6 hits so damn hard and even in advance, there was so much disturbing hints given before the blank screen with a warning appeared. Such an emotional rollercoaster. And fucking VERY relieved in EP7. And again and again the infinite rollercoaster till the EP8 and epilogue. That exact constant feeling and waiting for something bad again is gonna to happen.

Jumped -> was found. Found -> survived. Survived -> coma. Coma -> waked up. Waked up -> I don't remember anything. I don't remember anything -> I can't feel my legs. I can't remember anything -> Goodbye. Goodbye -> Let me help you. Let me help you -> I remember! ufff.... :giggle:

Every character (mostly girls of course) brings something unique. Some memories and relations, sometimes from your own, some unique characters traits or its flaws. Even if the plot sometimes too far fetched, coincidences enormous, etc, it surprisingly absolutely doesn't spoil this game. We like and love a lot of books and movies which story is far away from reality, sometimes closer to fairy tales. But we love them for HOW their story is told, for characters, for different emotions we experienced through reading or watching them. This is absolutely such a case. It's very good when the plot is quite "realistic" or very plausible, bot nothing bad with even the fairy tales as long as other parts are ok and in place.

Humor is hilarious and mostly in a right place and moment of time. Chris bro jokes and all the girls too. Situation things. Cece's humor and fun moments with her is a something else :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely touching, charming and memorable expirience. Now heading to the other paths and permutations.

View attachment 3414139

:love: :coffee:

I am almost sure yes, but found some contradictory answers here and there. I hear about his daughter or son and someone saying than he need to take a break after writing chapter 6. Plus, the "tell my story" thing and "C." in the credits.

My guess is than did tell the story until chapter 6, and there is where the "real" story ends. After that, Cece and C. stories split apart.
The "exposition" at the end of Ch6 is the genesis of the story. There's no real mystery after you've watched that part, and Drifty has shared other "evidence" than just the picture at the end of that sequence in the past. Also, there's no evidence that Cece is more than just inspired by "C"

Also-Also, if you get the DLC from Steam, you can follow along with the commentary track and learn more details (still shrouded in anonymity, but it's there).

• Sad
Reactions: Kpyna and Grif1001

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
The "exposition" at the end of Ch6 is the genesis of the story. There's no real mystery after you've watched that part, and Drifty has shared other "evidence" than just the picture at the end of that sequence in the past. Also, there's no evidence that Cece is more than just inspired by "C"

Also-Also, if you get the DLC from Steam, you can follow along with the commentary track and learn more details (still shrouded in anonymity, but it's there).
Thanks for explanation. As I said, I have played this game just now, 2 years after the release of its last episode. On the one hand, it is a great joy not to wait months and years for the end of development, on the other hand, it is an omission in communication and discussion of everything and that feelings of expectation and waiting - tedious, but pleasant in its own way. These are always very contradictory and opposite to each other "bonuses". But in the case of this particular game and its 6th episode, it's probably still for the best to be able to go straight to the 7th. I can hardly imagine myself (and many others who have been through this, lol) being left with the end of episode 6 for months. It would be such a torture.

And since I missed all the discussion on the forum and the developer's comments that you mentioned and that took place, I'm still glad that I was able to understand and recognize it on my own, that there is something more behind the game and its story and that it's not a fully imaginated thing, that it have some sour and painful ground. Something very personal. And this is very well conveyed, damn it.

Regarding the Cece or whoever he implied in her role or vice versa. It brings very contradictory feelings, on the one hand, I would like the developer to never go through this and to not have such a reason and experience behind him. On the other hand, it is unlikely that this game would be released, and the subject for our conversation and discussion would simply not exist. Developer definitely had a giant guts to pass through it over and over rather than do his best to forgot it asap. It's like an open giant wound that you sprinkle with salt instead of healing it. On the other hand it strongly depends on developers sight of view and his approach to cope with his tragedy. Maybe telling this story was kinda a healing for him, who knows. Like, sharing the emotions and thoughts, kinda venting it to and through the players and doing a "in a memory of" thing. Whatever works...

I definitely want to thank the developer and buy a legal copy to say my thanks. Patreon is banned in my country, so Steam is the best solution for me usually, and especially if there is a such nice bonus, thanks for the tip, bro (y)

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Thanks for explanation. As I said, I have played this game just now, 2 years after the release of its last episode. On the one hand, it is a great joy not to wait months and years for the end of development, on the other hand, it is an omission in communication and discussion of everything and that feelings of expectation and waiting - tedious, but pleasant in its own way. These are always very contradictory and opposite to each other "bonuses". But in the case of this particular game and its 6th episode, it's probably still for the best to be able to go straight to the 7th. I can hardly imagine myself (and many others who have been through this, lol) being left with the end of episode 6 for months. It would be such a torture.

And since I missed all the discussion on the forum and the developer's comments that you mentioned and that took place, I'm still glad that I was able to understand and recognize it on my own, that there is something more behind the game and its story and that it's not a fully imaginated thing, that it have some sour and painful ground. Something very personal. And this is very well conveyed, damn it.

Regarding the Cece or whoever he implied in her role or vice versa. It brings very contradictory feelings, on the one hand, I would like the developer to never go through this and to not have such a reason and experience behind him. On the other hand, it is unlikely that this game would be released, and the subject for our conversation and discussion would simply not exist. Developer definitely had a giant guts to pass through it over and over rather than do his best to forgot it asap. It's like an open giant wound that you sprinkle with salt instead of healing it. On the other hand it strongly depends on developers sight of view and his approach to cope with his tragedy. Maybe telling this story was kinda a healing for him, who knows. Like, sharing the emotions and thoughts, kinda venting it to and through the players and doing a "in a memory of" thing. Whatever works...

I definitely want to thank the developer and buy a legal copy to say my thanks. Patreon is banned in my country, so Steam is the best solution for me usually, and especially if there is a such nice bonus, thanks for the tip, bro (y)
I believe it's also available on GoG, if Steam gives you problems. Not sure if you can still get the full game on Itch.io anymore ...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
No, Steam is fine, just bought a game + DLC :whistle: My conscience is clear now.
Just so you know, there are also a number of games that do cameos of the Leap of Faith characters, as well as cameos from many other games found in LoF. I don't think I know all the games that have cameos in them but I believe Elhemeer does. I know for sure that Artemis and Chasing Sunsets do, both of which are good games in their own right. If you want to see additional Leap of Faith character content, you could start by checking those out. Also Elhemeer might be persuaded to put a list on here with any other games that have LoF cameos in them. (Not my game Elhemeer, it just has tribute content, I mean the ones with actuall cameos) Oh and also, Sea/C/Christine, the half=sister of the LoF MC is a main character in Drifty's new game, u4ia...

Reactions: Kpyna

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Grif1001 Thx for letting me know. I'm not a big fun of cameos thing. I treasure more the originality and uniqueness. I mean, I wouldn't mind against easter eggs kind of things or such references. But things like the reuse of characters models 1:1 or even their "persons" from one game to another is not that appealing to me.

Every story should have its own end and logical conclusion. Imo, it is wrong to play on hype and the "feelings" of the players. Memories are good when they belong to one title, but they are blurring more and more with each secondary attempt. But it's only my own opinion.

Chasing Sunsets - is on my list too and probably the next one in a row to play :)

Oh and also, Sea/C/Christine, the half=sister of the LoF MC is a main character in Drifty's new game, u4ia...
This one would be interesting, but I'd prefer to wait until the more content will be released.

Edit: Hey, why did you delete the reply. I was enjoying it. :(
? I don't think I get what you mean. If you asking me, of course...

WolverineCTX

Nov 5, 2023
As far as I know, these are the Games with Cameos from LoF Characters:

Summer Scent,
Artemis,
Single Again,
Fog of War (Cese),
Dreams of Reality (Cese)

Also for who is interested on the Characters in Lof and want to recreate them in DAZ Studio 3D (free Program - Google it ;) ) - here a list of the Items that where used by Drifty:

Cece - Emma (Daz) - Linda Ponytail
Lexi - Farin (Renderosity) - Cafe Curls
Linda - Tonia (Renderosity) - Jackie Hair
Robin - Romina (Daz) - Grace Yong Hair
Kira - Lousiana (Daz) - Ladina Hair
Steph - Rebekah/Victoria (Daz) - MRL Curly Ponytail
Holly - Jordyn (Renderosity) - Monica Hair
MC - Callan HD (Daz) - WildMane Hair (Genesis starter essentials)

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes