Jan 26, 2024
I was not expecting that...my feels for the dev...

Sorry, I am not good with words.

And why not, for all of player who had to wait until the next chapter, because I was hitting SPACE as fast I could read.

And now I don't know if I can replay other routes.

el_balrog

Sep 18, 2023
Hello, before starting I warn two things, one, that my opinion is going to be long, and the other that I may include spoilers that may annoy those who have not yet finished the story. Having said that, and after my warning, I begin.
I recently just finished "playing" this game, and I put play in quotes because I'll explain it later.

This game is beyond being able to explain my opinion in words, especially if my English is so bad, but luckily there are translators hehehe.

I'll start by saying that I will make two small explanations, one short and one long to express what this game has meant to me.

First of all I will start with the short one and I think that with a few simple words it will summarize what it has made me feel. This visual novel, and yes, I call it a visual novel now for the first time, because despite having heard that word many times I have always told myself that more than a novel it was a game, a simple game where having a good time was the only thing what I was looking for, but this story has completely changed my concept so with the following headline I think I summarize or express it quite well. THIS IS THE GAME THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING.

And now I will continue with my opinion, but much more extended where the reason for my headline will be quite well explained.
As I said before, I was going to explain about putting the word game in quotes and the explanation is very simple, and that is that I have always played each and every one of the games I have played for fun, but this one more than a game became something personal. And that had never happened to me until now.
Everything felt very real, and it's not just because the development was like a movie or even because I was the one who freely chose the path to follow for the MC, and much less because I saw myself represented in any of the stories. of the characters with my own life. No, all that was not, it was because it seemed that the one who was taking the thread of the story was really myself.
This game has managed to get me so involved in the story that it has achieved that. I have laughed, I have been moved, I have suffered, even why not say it, I have cried. I have been able to feel love, love and desire to have once had friends like the ones presented in this story. Honestly, a final scene from the movie Stand By Me has come to mind where the main writer, now in adulthood, writes about that summer with his friends in search of the body of a boy who was hit by a train, and where they spend a great summer and he ends his story saying that 'he has never had friends like the ones he had that summer again and hell, does anyone have them?'

Before continuing I have to clarify one thing and that is that I had already read comments about something that would happen in chapter 6, something really bad, but I never found out what it was. However, as chapter six progressed and developed, I had a very bad feeling expecting the worst, and also a hope that that bad thing would not happen in my story. Until you see the words of warning... at that moment your heart skips a beat because you know what is going to happen, and still hopeful, what you imagined would happen continues to happen. At that moment I felt real hatred for the developer of this game and I really wanted to give up, but something pushed me forward, and I'm glad I did.

My path was very clear from the first moment, and as soon as I met Cece I knew that this was the path I wanted to choose, and I don't know why but there was something special to the point that even, and it is the first time that It happens to me, I felt that I would dedicate myself to the story fully with her. And that is something very important to clarify because in all the games, as I have always taken it as such, I have always tried to see what would happen if I cheated or simply felt the lust for easy sex scenes, but with this game, As I said before, everything changed.

After starting chapter 7 and realizing that there was hope, I told myself that from then on everything would change for the better and that it was impossible for the developer to make us suffer in such a scandalous way, since no matter how much realism he wanted Giving a developer a game to make it different, you must also take into consideration that people do not play to feel bad, but quite the opposite, to feel good. And in this case you not only feel both but you feel something more, much deeper, emotions.

Needless to say, I loved the ending, and I say again without any fear or shame, that it made me cry again, but this time for a quite different emotion, a very good one.

And as I finish, I also have to say that it is the first time that after finishing the game I have not had the need to explore other different paths, because I would not change it for anything in the world, and I think that exploring them would not be a good thing to do, because He has even made me believe that if he did it would be a betrayal.

My grade for this game is a 10 out of 10, and even though there are many things that could be improved (there always are) such as longer animations or sounds in them, I couldn't change my rating because I simply can't do it. .

Also congratulations to the one who chose the music for each moment because they seem to have been tailored to the situations.

Eternal gratitude to the developers of this magnificent game that has become for me the most important of all those I have played.

Finally, and I'm done, I promise, I say that since the description of what I thought of the game has been long enough and I also want to leave a review, I will make a copy and paste of this entire text, since I don't want to ignore not a single comma.

Thanks for everything, and I look forward to playing another game from these great designers again.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Hello, before starting I warn two things, one, that my opinion is going to be long, and the other that I may include spoilers that may annoy those who have not yet finished the story. Having said that, and after my warning, I begin.
I recently just finished "playing" this game, and I put play in quotes because I'll explain it later.

This game is beyond being able to explain my opinion in words, especially if my English is so bad, but luckily there are translators hehehe.

I'll start by saying that I will make two small explanations, one short and one long to express what this game has meant to me.

First of all I will start with the short one and I think that with a few simple words it will summarize what it has made me feel. This visual novel, and yes, I call it a visual novel now for the first time, because despite having heard that word many times I have always told myself that more than a novel it was a game, a simple game where having a good time was the only thing what I was looking for, but this story has completely changed my concept so with the following headline I think I summarize or express it quite well. THIS IS THE GAME THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING.

And now I will continue with my opinion, but much more extended where the reason for my headline will be quite well explained.
As I said before, I was going to explain about putting the word game in quotes and the explanation is very simple, and that is that I have always played each and every one of the games I have played for fun, but this one more than a game became something personal. And that had never happened to me until now.
Everything felt very real, and it's not just because the development was like a movie or even because I was the one who freely chose the path to follow for the MC, and much less because I saw myself represented in any of the stories. of the characters with my own life. No, all that was not, it was because it seemed that the one who was taking the thread of the story was really myself.
This game has managed to get me so involved in the story that it has achieved that. I have laughed, I have been moved, I have suffered, even why not say it, I have cried. I have been able to feel love, love and desire to have once had friends like the ones presented in this story. Honestly, a final scene from the movie Stand By Me has come to mind where the main writer, now in adulthood, writes about that summer with his friends in search of the body of a boy who was hit by a train, and where they spend a great summer and he ends his story saying that 'he has never had friends like the ones he had that summer again and hell, does anyone have them?'

Before continuing I have to clarify one thing and that is that I had already read comments about something that would happen in chapter 6, something really bad, but I never found out what it was. However, as chapter six progressed and developed, I had a very bad feeling expecting the worst, and also a hope that that bad thing would not happen in my story. Until you see the words of warning... at that moment your heart skips a beat because you know what is going to happen, and still hopeful, what you imagined would happen continues to happen. At that moment I felt real hatred for the developer of this game and I really wanted to give up, but something pushed me forward, and I'm glad I did.

My path was very clear from the first moment, and as soon as I met Cece I knew that this was the path I wanted to choose, and I don't know why but there was something special to the point that even, and it is the first time that It happens to me, I felt that I would dedicate myself to the story fully with her. And that is something very important to clarify because in all the games, as I have always taken it as such, I have always tried to see what would happen if I cheated or simply felt the lust for easy sex scenes, but with this game, As I said before, everything changed.

After starting chapter 7 and realizing that there was hope, I told myself that from then on everything would change for the better and that it was impossible for the developer to make us suffer in such a scandalous way, since no matter how much realism he wanted Giving a developer a game to make it different, you must also take into consideration that people do not play to feel bad, but quite the opposite, to feel good. And in this case you not only feel both but you feel something more, much deeper, emotions.

Needless to say, I loved the ending, and I say again without any fear or shame, that it made me cry again, but this time for a quite different emotion, a very good one.

And as I finish, I also have to say that it is the first time that after finishing the game I have not had the need to explore other different paths, because I would not change it for anything in the world, and I think that exploring them would not be a good thing to do, because He has even made me believe that if he did it would be a betrayal.

My grade for this game is a 10 out of 10, and even though there are many things that could be improved (there always are) such as longer animations or sounds in them, I couldn't change my rating because I simply can't do it. .

Also congratulations to the one who chose the music for each moment because they seem to have been tailored to the situations.

Eternal gratitude to the developers of this magnificent game that has become for me the most important of all those I have played.

Finally, and I'm done, I promise, I say that since the description of what I thought of the game has been long enough and I also want to leave a review, I will make a copy and paste of this entire text, since I don't want to ignore not a single comma.

Thanks for everything, and I look forward to playing another game from these great designers again.
You are completely right about what LOF does to you emotionally. It is what the ancient Greeks called " κάθαρσις" meaning "purification" or "cleansing" It is where we get the word "Catharsis" The Greeks believed that if you heald in your emotions all of the time it would destroy you from with in, so instead of going to Psychologists and therapy, they would put on very intense plays to cause the viewer to experiance extream emotional states going from laughter to sorrow to joy and any number of other feelings and as they experianced the play, the tears would begin to flow and pent up emotions were released often leaving the person unsure of exactly how they truely felt just knowing that something magical had just occured that they would have to think on for a while as they reveled in the sensation of felling somehow lighter, less burdened, and content for the moment following their cathartic experiance. Drifty has managed to perfect this experiance in LOF.

I know that you feel that Cece is the only path right now, because you played that one first, However I urge you to take some time away, let your emotions settle, and return to the game and try another route. To be honest, if you only ever experiance the Cece route, you will never see the full beauty of LOF and see how things can turn out well for others when you are their friend and not their lover. If you truely respect this Dev and what he has acomplished here. Trust him with the other routes that he has given the option for. Each one has it's own merrit and beauty. Please don't miss them.

Reactions: el_balrog and TGafy

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022

giphy (4).gif

Simply , it is one of the best games EVER. :love: and my beloved Angel Cece is one of the best Girls EVER. :love: :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: el_balrog

el_balrog

Sep 18, 2023
Tienes toda la razón sobre lo que LOF te hace emocionalmente. Es lo que los antiguos griegos llamaban "κάθαρσις", que significa "purificación" o "limpieza". De ahí proviene la palabra "catarsis". Los griegos creían que si curabas tus emociones todo el tiempo, te destruiría desde adentro. Entonces, en lugar de ir a psicólogos y terapia, presentaban obras de teatro muy intensas para hacer que el espectador experimentara estados emocionales extremos que iban desde la risa hasta la tristeza, la alegría y muchos otros sentimientos y, a medida que experimentaban la obra, las lágrimas comenzaban a brotar. El flujo y las emociones reprimidas se liberaron, a menudo dejando a la persona insegura de cómo se sentía realmente con solo saber que algo mágico acababa de ocurrir en lo que tendría que pensar por un tiempo mientras se deleitaba con la sensación de sentirse de alguna manera más liviano, menos agobiado. y contentos por el momento después de su experiencia catártica. Drifty ha conseguido perfeccionar esta experiencia en LOF.

Sé que sientes que Cece es el único camino en este momento, porque jugaste ese primero. Sin embargo, te insto a que te tomes un tiempo, dejes que tus emociones se calmen, regreses al juego y pruebes otra ruta. Para ser honesto, si solo experimentas la ruta de Cece, nunca verás toda la belleza de LOF y verás cómo las cosas pueden salir bien para los demás cuando eres su amigo y no su amante. Si realmente respetas a este desarrollador y lo que ha logrado aquí. Confíale las otras rutas a las que te ha dado la opción. Cada uno tiene su propia alegría y belleza. Por favor no te los pierdas.
[/CITA]

Thanks, i promise i will, i'll explore them later, but i'm not ready yet. Greetings!!!

Jan 26, 2024

I could not write that better, thanks for that.

I want just to add a small thought:

For me, the first 6 chapters are a story shared between Cece and 'C.' (the one asked to tell her story). After the "But this is just a game BIP", the stories split and is only Cece story from now on.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

I'm kinda curious ... did you play the game unmodded, or did you use a "music restoration" version?

el_balrog

Sep 18, 2023
Tengo un poco de curiosidad... ¿jugaste el juego sin modificaciones o usaste una versión de "restauración de música"?

Lo siento, pero no tengo idea de esas cosas, descargué una versión del juego en YouTube con la traducción al español. Recuerdo que solo hubo una vez en la que recibí un mensaje en el juego que decía que no se podía obtener una licencia y que no se podía reproducir esa canción en particular, pero por lo demás, todo el juego tenía música.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Sorry, but I have no idea about those things, I downloaded a version of the game on YouTube with the Spanish translation. I remember there was only one time where I got an in-game message saying that a license couldn't be obtained and that particular song couldn't be played, but otherwise the entire game had music.
Two things:

1) You should put your responses AFTER the "(/QUOTE)" box. That way it's clear to readers what other people said and what you said.

2) And thank you for contributing to my theory that the new version of the game's soundtrack is very good, and its mostly the fact that those of us who played the game before the music was changed (due to those copyright issues) can't get used to it.

If you go to the OP of this thread, there are two options for music mods that let you play the game with the music as it was originally planned. One works with the final version of the game without adding any extra content, the other is a full Multi-mod that gives hints and clues and other mod options if you want to use them, but you have to find the original audio files to use it.

... you know, if you ever feel like playing the other routes and want to compare the music, or something ...

Reactions: Grif1001

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
thank you for contributing to my theory that the new version of the game's soundtrack is very good, and its mostly the fact that those of us who played the game before the music was changed (due to those copyright issues) can't get used to it.
I didn't realize that this needed a theory... I think the game's final soundtrack was excelent.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I didn't realize that this needed a theory... I think the game's final soundtrack was excelent.
Oh, I do too, but I definitively feel the missing tracks when I used to replay with the final soundtrack, which makes it harder to appreciate as much as I do the original.

Also, when the finished game first came out, there was much griping from many a player (I know you were there for that Grif ...) and I started asking people who never played before the final what they thought about the music. Most thought it was great, but the sample size was pretty tiny, so I keep asking.

Reactions: Grif1001

el_balrog

Sep 18, 2023
Two things:

1) You should put your responses AFTER the "(/QUOTE)" box. That way it's clear to readers what other people said and what you said.

2) And thank you for contributing to my theory that the new version of the game's soundtrack is very good, and its mostly the fact that those of us who played the game before the music was changed (due to those copyright issues) can't get used to it.

If you go to the OP of this thread, there are two options for music mods that let you play the game with the music as it was originally planned. One works with the final version of the game without adding any extra content, the other is a full Multi-mod that gives hints and clues and other mod options if you want to use them, but you have to find the original audio files to use it.

... you know, if you ever feel like playing the other routes and want to compare the music, or something ...

Yes, quoting comments has happened to me two or three times, but I really don't know why it happens to me because I always write after the quote.

Something is missing me, I hope I get it right this time.

Regarding the topic of people's opinions about music, it is normal that when someone gets used to something they really like, anything you change, even if it is also very good, they will always find the change annoying.

And as for the configuration changes and other Mod-type things and many other abbreviations that are usually used by these games, I am still not familiar with the vast majority of those words and my understanding of this matter is complicated.

It hasn't been more than 6 months since I discovered these games, and much less participating in these forums. I have been discovering the meaning of some of those words like NTR or BDSM, etc., but a manual would not be bad to find on the meaning of many of those words hehehehe.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is kinda old news at this point, but I edited it 'cause I just realized another oddity, and I'm out of town and want to save the change to my "LoF Thesis" I have saved at home.

UPDATE: Done with the edit (unless I find another revelation during my current replays)

Last edited:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
This is kinda old news at this point, but I edited it 'cause I just realized another oddity, and I'm out of town and want to save the change to my "LoF Thesis" I have saved at home.
I think all of the time discrepancies can be explained away simply with the phrase, it's "just New Jersey"! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I think all of the time discrepancies can be explained away simply with the phrase, it's "just New Jersey"! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

(also, I had a brain cramp ... she and Steph are the same age, not she and Lexi ... just going to undo modify that edit ...)

Last edited:

Raynare69

Jan 1, 2022
Just finished the game, cried, got teary eyed, and got nerd chills at different points. Loved it.

Update: It's not much, but subscribed on patreon to show support! Looking forward to future stuff a lot from Drifty! u4ia is great so far!

Last edited:

ikheqir

Dec 16, 2023
Funny enough, Holly's solo ending is the middle of the pack for me in the ending ranks. I don't need to play her path again either, but I don't hate it.

I haven't seen a ranking in a while, so why not:

Favorite Endings*:
  1. Cece^
  2. Lexi + Chris/Holly
  3. Cece
  4. Linda + Chris/Robin^ (and Kira)
  5. Kira + Chris/Robin
  6. Lexi
  7. Holly
  8. Steph
  9. Kira & Robin^
  10. Robin^
  11. Lexi & Holly
*Every ending that doesn't say so has a Chris/Linda ending. I've done other combinations, so I know the regular Chris/Holly ending (Linda + Chris/Robin is the regular Chris/Robin ending), but I don't consider any other versions of the Chris/Holly ending valid for a list. Also, ^ means pregnant, and I don't feel a need to explore a non-pregnant Robin path.
I'm glad i went with Cece the first time. I felt attached to her from the get go

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes