ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Possibly to maintain cover of the operation because she suspected the home is bugged?

Maybe it was so close to the endgame that the operation was over the next morning?

In any case, with Drifty's clarification and Melvin-Swole's Nüke comment, it's safe to assume that Melvin isn't really Steph's husband, but is only a colleague. That can only mean Melvin & Steph calling each other hun, honey, love, etc., is only a term of endearment or as part of a job cover.
So she thinks the house is bugged, but she brings the MC home and has sex with him?
Why would they post spy related work stuff on a private account?

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Seriously did I miss something? Why does everyone assume Steph is some sort of secret agent/spy?
Maybe because of one nüke pic where she points on a book with the name Pentagon and Swoles posts which sounds they finished some kind of mission.

Personally i don't really believe it. I think it would be strange, as she would be too young, still in college and even there, her problem seems to trouble her since quite some time...
Also her letter, where she says something along the lines of she will convince ''them''...it doesn't make much sense if she works for some government agency...

My guess is also she's a daughter of some cartel/crime family.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'm still not buying the Steph is a spy/secret agent theory.

My best guess is she's the daughter of a cartel/crime family. And that MC's father runs a rival cartel/crime family.
Yeah, if she is an employee she can leave. Simple as that. No one is forced to work for the CIA, NSA, etc. I don't see her being unable to communicate with the MC or decide to go back to him before two years passes unless he was the job and she got too close.

I think her being a cartel/crime family member or a member of a rival family to the MC's dad would be more likely. In the latter instance she could still be someone who was spying on the MC, realized that she fell in love with him, and then delayed leaving until the family forced her to leave.

I just hope that Drifty doesn't delay her explanation a couple of updates to "build" suspense and that I don't end up laughing at what she says. I want to buy into the narrative but I find Steph rather unbelievable.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Yeah, if she is an employee she can leave. Simple as that. No one is forced to work for the CIA, NSA, etc. I don't see her being unable to communicate with the MC or decide to go back to him before two years passes unless he was the job and she got too close.

I think her being a cartel/crime family member or a member of a rival family to the MC's dad would be more likely. In the latter instance she could still be someone who was spying on the MC, realized that she fell in love with him, and then delayed leaving until the family forced her to leave.

I just hope that Drifty doesn't delay her explanation a couple of updates to "build" suspense and that I don't end up laughing at what she says. I want to buy into the narrative but I find Steph rather unbelievable.
Would explain the comment about.not seeing any emotion in her eyes (paraphrasing). Shes been desensitized while she was gone.

Probably because shes seen or done some horrendous shit.

Reactions: DA22 and MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Would explain the comment about.not seeing any emotion in her eyes (paraphrasing). Shes been desensitized while she was gone.

Probably because shes seen or done some horrendous shit.
I agree... But it also makes it difficult to then want to go back to her. I don't know, it feels like Drifty is loading us up with so many emotionally damaged people and the only option to avoid that would be to not end up with someone. But at least it will be interesting before it blows up in our faces. :)

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Well in MrFriendly words ' tinfoil hat on'

Maybe she comes from some criminal/cartel family, so she decided to go back and try to convince them to accept Mc as lover or leave her out from the family buisness so she can have her own life.

But it doesn't workout....on the contray her family want to get rid of the Mc, so after a long inner conflict she can't discard her deep and selfless love for our Mc and comes to the decision to rat out her family and work together with some government agency (be it to completely bring down her family, for new secure identities or a complete new life with the help of the government).
But the agency demand her help, work with them, gather evidence, maybe even killing some key persons...and after 2 years she nearly has reached her goal....and thats where we are now

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well in MrFriendly words ' tin foil hat on'

Maybe she comes from some criminal/cartel family, so she decided to go back and try to convince them to accept Mc as lover or leave her out from the family buisness so she can have her own life.

But it doesn't workout....on the contray her family want to get rid of the Mc, so after a long inner conflict she can't discard her deep and selfless love for our Mc and comes to the decision to rat out her family and work together with some government agency (be it to completely bring down her family, for new secure identities or a complete new life with the help of the government).
But the agency demand her help, work with them, gather evidence, maybe even killing some key persons...and after 2 years she nearly has reached her goal....and thats where we are now
Could be, I mean it seems like a possibility. We still don't have an explanation for "hunny, hun, sweetie" husband Melvin of the "fuck me now" scene. I don't buy that she did all of what you said and Melvin is just cover for her. He's the sticking point (besides the leaving, ghosting, being a bitch).

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Could be, I mean it seems like a possibility. We still don't have an explanation for "hunny, hun, sweetie" husband Melvin of the "fuck me now" scene. I don't buy that she did all of what you said and Melvin is just cover for her. He's the sticking point (besides the leaving, ghosting, being a bitch).
Thats true, but to be honest, i can not think of single possibility which would make it impossible for her to cantact Mc in one way or an other...an anonymous letter, a msg per prepaid phone ect... well if u exclude a coma...
And yes Melvin and the 'fuck me now' is also hardly explainable...sure u can say bugs in the house...but why would she bring the Mc there if thats the case...

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Thats true, but to be honest, i can not think of single possibility which would make it impossible for her to cantact Mc in one way or an other...an anonymous letter, a msg per prepaid phone ect... well if u exclude a coma...
And yes Melvin and the 'fuck me now' is also hardly explainable...sure u can say bugs in the house...but why would she bring the Mc there if thats the case...
Yeah, I was just thinking... "Well, what if that was all an act because the house is bugged?" But then why bring the MC there unless the entire thing was an act. Maybe the whole idea was that the house is bugged, she goes and picks up someone (unexpectedly it turns out to be the former love of her life), comes back and "hurries" them out of the house before the "big, bad" husband can kill him... Completely far fetched and requires an overdose of tin foil to entertain...

What if the reason for the 2 years of silence is because someone has been blocking all communication between her and him? Perhaps she thought that she was communicating with him but the messages were intercepted? She doesn't know that the MC never found the letter and she thinks that the MC's silence was because he was mad that she left. But really it's because he never heard from her in the first place. She then decides she has to move on because the MC is a heartless bastard who never responded to her.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22

Sawdogg06

Mar 5, 2019
Hopefully the theory to explain the conversation after MC jumps isn't as bad as we think. Maybe Melvin and Steph are agents and of course we are not privy to what was said. After Melvin mentions that she is naked and she says and you are not, maybe "off screen" Melvin states bitch knock that shit off and get your clothes on, joking around like that ain't funny, we only have to play husband and wife when we are out in public, stay on mission. (or something along those lines). That is what I hope for. I don't want to give Steph a chance if she fucked Melvin.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, I was just thinking... "Well, what if that was all an act because the house is bugged?" But then why bring the MC there unless the entire thing was an act. Maybe the whole idea was that the house is bugged, she goes and picks up someone (unexpectedly it turns out to be the former love of her life), comes back and "hurries" them out of the house before the "big, bad" husband can kill him... Completely far fetched and requires an overdose of tin foil to entertain...

What if the reason for the 2 years of silence is because someone has been blocking all communication between her and him? Perhaps she thought that she was communicating with him but the messages were intercepted? She doesn't know that the MC never found the letter and she thinks that the MC's silence was because he was mad that she left. But really it's because he never heard from her in the first place. She then decides she has to move on because the MC is a heartless bastard who never responded to her.
to point 1.
A possibility, but as u said, it would require a lot of tin foil to entertain it and the big question for what purpose, at the next day there is the nüke post about, 'i was honored to work with u' which seems to end the work of Malvin & Steph...

to point 2.
I would say a shit load of tin foil and completely suspension of disbelief would be required.

I mean Steph doesn't seem to be mad at the Mc and in the nüke posts she says she still loves him + she says something like, 'it's too late now, all she can do is to say sorry and that she should have made a different choice' (something like this, don't remember the exact words)...i mean Steph's answer in the nüke post when Mc has the choice to be unfriendly to her.

Hopefully the theory to explain the conversation after MC jumps isn't as bad as we think. Maybe Melvin and Steph are agents and of course we are not privy to what was said. After Melvin mentions that she is naked and she says and you are not, maybe "off screen" Melvin states bitch knock that shit off and get your clothes on, joking around like that ain't funny, we only have to play husband and wife when we are out in public, stay on mission. (or something along those lines). That is what I hope for. I don't want to give Steph a chance if she fucked Melvin.
Well for me it's about Steph's explanation for all of that, including the 2 years and if i'm willing to forgive her or not, it will need a really good story to forgive her...
But even if we get a good story and i would be willing to forgive her, she is not a LI for me...to much secrets, to much deception/lies, the whole vanishing stunt without any words, no msg in over 2 years and her whole behaviour in chapter 1.

Also i think frindship is not an option, or not a good one at Mc's current point, just a few days since he moved on from her, maybe in a few years when Mc has build a new life.

Last edited:

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
I suppose with all the stuff people post on Facebook (IRL), someone would post something on nuke about an undercover job in a personal account.
If she knows that the house is bugged, is she trying to convnce people that she is cheating on her husband (or pretend husband). If she is doing things due to bugging, she would then had to have sex with Melvin, unless he also goes along with pretending because he also knows the house is bugged.

That solves everything. Stephanie is innocent. It's all the MC's fault.

Sngo

May 9, 2020
First of all im really loving this game, everything is great from the story to the renders and humor.
Now i just hope the Dev make a really good point for what steph have done but i find it hard for the people that hate her right now like me to forgive her.
First for the sudden leave without a word, then the meet at the club, lets just fuck and no talk really??
The MC hinted that the look in her eyes didnt show anything, really you love him so much and after that time apart you have that kind of look in your eyes?
Then finding out that she is married and while MC is still jumping from the window She was already throwing her self in to sex with the husband to try not raise suspicion and the way they talked with each other like hun, honey and baby cant BE that fake of a marriage.
With a good point would already be really hard to forgive her but after knowing about the husband and that sex hint just nop i dont see you being forgiven.
When She post the second pic in nuke you can coment and She replyes so the no comunication betwen both is already "discovered" so the right thing to do was just to call him to explain it ir something in that lines.
Linda having had something with Matt would really be a huge Turn off. But im curios about why She asked that to MC.
Lexi im just loving her till now lets see what the future holds in her story,
Really like the humor in this game and the bônus scenes were great too.
Keep doing a good job with this game is what i really hope and dont fail in the steph reason for all this mess giving a Bland or non Sense reason(after what she have done and that marriage thing it needs to BE a really good and huge reason without happy marriage/sex being a reality) because i think it Will afect alot of the game future sucess that steph story part.
Best luck

Reactions: Rituf

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Then finding out that she is married and while MC is still jumping from the window She was already throwing her self in to sex with the husband to try not raise suspicion and the way they talked with each other like hun, honey and baby cant BE that fake of a marriage.
If it was a fake marriage, surely there other ways to explain your nakedness apart from having sex with him.
Maybe she was in the middle of changing clothes or getting ready for bed.

And it's not just the way she talks to him, he calls her sweetheart.

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
If it was a fake marriage, surely there other ways to explain your nakedness apart from having sex with him.
Maybe she was in the middle of changing clothes or getting ready for bed.

And it's not just the way she talks to him, he calls her sweetheart.
Well he could be a 65 yo father figure, just the sex would not make sense then. :p

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes