VN Ren'Py Abandoned Leather and Steel [v0.6] [Amaraine]

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
- As a compromise you could offer an easy mode where the player has 4 - 6 weeks but does not get the full score.
- It takes some time and effort to learn the game : when and where to flirt, hug, kiss who to get the best overall progress.
- Initial Flirts seem to have a chance for random failure (avoid with save/load) which makes the game even harder to beat.
- Will there be a Galery for unlocked XXX-scenes?
(The score seems to be based only on stats (aff, shy, tr), not on played XXX-scenes as in some other games.)

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
- As a compromise you could offer an easy mode where the player has 4 - 6 weeks but does not get the full score.
- It takes some time and effort to learn the game : when and where to flirt, hug, kiss who to get the best overall progress.
- Initial Flirts seem to have a chance for random failure (avoid with save/load) which makes the game even harder to beat.
- Will there be a Galery for unlocked XXX-scenes?
(The score seems to be based only on stats (aff, shy, tr), not on played XXX-scenes as in some other games.)
The scoring is in something of a transitional stage, since the game isn't finished. I do want people to feel that they will not be punished in the scoring if they decide that an XXX scene is not to their taste (e.g., swinging.) The shyness and trust scoring will be replaced in the second stage of development by accomplishing individual things with the girls. It's there right now as a sort of estimate of the progress you've made toward accomplishing those things.

One only gets points for a girl's affection if one has had sex with her, so it's not entirely just stats. But yes, mostly.

Last edited:

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
I see kind of XXX-scene-overall-progress-screen / Gallery as a feedback for the player how much content he has found and how much he has missed so far. The game in v0.3 contains many more scenes with variations due to different stats levels, locations and actions than I would have expected. If a player hits 100% scenes (as sum of several plays) he knows he has seen all the content while if it is around 50%, there are still many secrets to be discovered in a new play through. The feedback would best contain info on npc, location and action for each scene so the player has a hint where to look. It should not be seen as a must to reach 100%, simply a feedback.

Focussing too much on raising stats in a limited time is unfortunate since it forces the player to avoid interesting scenes with a low stats increase. For example some of the scenes where Olivia is spanked have a low value. On the other side it is known that she likes to be spanked, so it feels weird to not spank her and instead do something else and wait for a moment where she can be impressed more by a single action.

The game world would be more lifely if actions with one of the girls would influence dialogs in the following scenes, e.g. spank Olivia in the morning and she may react different when meeting her at the beach in the afternoon. (Depending on player skill she may blush and point out that her bottom is not yet ready for another round.)

As in Bondage Island it would be nice to have some more girl-girl-BDSM-action and threesomes. Maybe you can invite Victoria and Jenny to join LaS?

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
There will be more girl-girl action before it's finished.

I'll think about what I can do with a gallery or scene progress screen. It's probably one of those things that will wait for me to be ahead of schedule and looking for a little something to add in, but it's on my board to do. Right now I'm a little behind because I got stuck with jury duty for a week.

Reactions: ubblesnop

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
People complaining about the length should just learn how to use console commands. Its quicker to cheat than it is to complain...

*Caveat - console commands can completely break you game
** I've not played the game just opened the intro and these look like likely candidates.

Console Commands

To make the game last longer

day = x
game_length =x
(i'd cheat the day in variables of seven i.e. don't go back to day 1 unless your on day 8, 15 etc. So the days of the week line up)

$$ Bill YA'LL
money = x

To remove grind
(I don't know what the max value is, probably 10 or 100)
bondage_skill = x
dominance_skill = x
flirting_skill = x
foreplay_skill = x
impact_skill = x
sex_skill = x

active_char.affection= x
active_char.shyness= x
active_char.trust= x
All of the girls have 3 main stats
affection
shyness
trust

If you are talking to the you can ubblesnops commands above

To change each girls when they aren't active type thier name as shown below

Girl names
chloe
isabella
jessica
karima
mia
olivia
wif_char

then add one of the three stats to the end i.e.

chloe.affection =100
chloe.shyness =0
chloe.trust=100

Fairly confident maxing out the girl stats locks you out of content though

Last edited:

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
This is the star appeal of this game. Getting sex up front and only then increase a gals affection.

Game oN!
That's a misinterpretation of what I said. One only gets *Victory Points* for a girl's affection, if one has had sex with her.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Oh .. you said it all wrong ...
"One only gets points for a girl's affection " means you do not have any other way to get affection!
"if one has had sex with her " means that you can only get affectionate after the sex was had.

Can you disclose just how terrible the grind is?
How many years in game does one grind the stats before he can get affection points?
Did you actually mean to say that after Mc has sex with any girl only then he wins the game?

Any clarification at this point would be very helpful.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
The game takes a bit over an hour to play to completion, for me. Might be two hours. Affection often goes up by 10 or more at a time.

The statement about points was made in the context of someone talking about the victory points at the end of the game -- yes, it's wrong out of context.

• Love
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Thank you for the gracious clarifying response.
I hope I can find a girl I fancy and go all the way.
Wish me luck ;)!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Deep in the play thoroughs to get a sense of it all. That gift was a puzzle hard to come back from...

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Leather and Steel [v0.5] [Amaraine] (579 mb rar pc source)
54 mb rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
48 mb rar unofficial mac compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
done by Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)

LewdTheLolis

Friendly Neighborhood Lolilewder
Oct 1, 2018
Leather and Steel [v0.5] [Amaraine] (579 mb rar pc source)
54 mb rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
48 mb rar unofficial mac compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
done by Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)
OP has been updated​