VN Ren'Py Abandoned Leather and Steel [v0.6] [Amaraine]

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
I actually prefer this to Strange Gift. The magic aspect and constantly having to monitor the darkness or whatever just got annoying. I like the simplicity of this game much more.

On a side note, it's a little annoying that during the conversation with your wife when you're asking her about the swinger's club, she asks you if she will have to have sex with anyone and you can tell her 'no' or 'maybe' but there are no scenes without sharing. Why even have that question in there if it doesn't change anything?

Reactions: genthrow

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Discovered this game just a few days ago and love it. Never played "Strange Gift" before, means it's all new for me.

I really like the concept and can follow the reasoning of the dev behind the time limit and ressourcemanagement to keep it a game. The "Voctory Points" at the end add to that feeling of playing a game even more and I did enjoy that more than I thought of before. Wish only there would be a bit more detail than just a number "XXXX of 1000" to show me what I accomplished and where I could look for more in future playthroughs.

Can't wait to see how this game will evolve with coming updates and hope it will get more attention here and on Patreon of course.

MauritkCL

Feb 3, 2018
I've been playing the new version for the last two hours, but so far I have not found any of the new scenes the changelog mentions. What it is up?

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Sad news from Amaraine on his Patreon. Due to his eyesight having deteriorated, he's having to give up developing the game any further.

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
wow, that's really sad news. did enjoy this little gem here alot.

sending out my best wishes and good luck to the dev!

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Damn, I actually liked the game :(
I hope dev will one day continue the development, should it be possible :)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
if the dev know he cant continu his game. shouldnt it be better for him to check a collaboration with another one, soo they can work together and continu ?

like he is doing the script/story and the other guy doing the work.

i mean, yeah, its hard to find someone nice theses days, but that doesnt mean everybody is bad and scam/thief.

just saying... its a shame to see games dissapearing like this, specially as the dev is just handicapped to continu by himself.

well... dev decision ... just my thougths

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Here we go .. the grind fest got to dev eventually .. all those grins and long looks for the pain driven stat building lack luster
gound to a halt ... as per OP - this is the reboot of the gift ... but the grind is horrendous as always .. also per OP:
Here's the reboot of Strange Gift
As is usual for Amaraine games, it's hard to "win" on the first try.
I actually prefer this to Strange Gift
this game will evolve with coming updates
I hope dev will one day
better for him to check a collaboration
No evolution .. no collaboration ... any outside interference would upset the grind dev stuffs these games with ...

and one last thought .. Where the @#@#%!@%@ is the 0.6 version of the game ????

P.S. this dev has the nerve to say the intention for the next few releases after the 0.6 was to extend the storyline and depth
.... ....but then wants to write something else ??
P. P. S. Yup .. talk about a VN of grind where dev wants to actually write a story line and add depth
after the 1st 6 releases ... HahaAHAHAHAhaah :)

Last edited:

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Is there a version v0.6 on patreon to download?
Maybe someone can update this thread to the last available version? This would be nice. Thanks in advance.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
Link to Request

New Content:
A series of scenes with Isabella, the Dominatrix. Isabella is now a full character in the game.
Bug Fixes:
At the end of the game, your wife now says the correct number of weeks it will take you.
The game no longer tells you that your vacation is ending twice.
Functionality Changes:
One now gets credit for kissing Chloe if one does that with her at home.
It is easier to get a higher score.

Unlocked

Welcome to Leather and Steel 0.6. This release tells the story of Isabella, the Dominatrix who runs Leather and Steel.

As always, feedback appreciated, and I hope you enjoy! Changelog to follow.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Thanks for the update.
To get the new Isabella content, I had to start a new game.

If you play also Strange Gift, please note that Strange Gift and Leather and Steel share the same save folder under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy, but of course both games are not compatible with each others save games.

The default for save game folder is set in file options.rpy in line 144 :
define config.save_directory = "SGR-1538849144"
Change this to something more appropriate like
define config.save_directory = "Leather and Steel 0_6"
and save the file to solve this problem.

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
rofl .. version 0.6 and already abendonned ..... holy crapp .. what kind of uploads we find here ? the quality of the games are going straight down like hell.....stop uploading such crapp

• Angry
Reactions: WillNotWork