4.80 star(s) 94 Votes

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
what do you mean single route? It's early, true, but I at least see three potential paths so far
I think he means you can only do one path (woman) per playthrough..and you must choose that relationship very early in game. That is the part I am iffy on. I don't mind games with no harem, but I do like at least small amount of testing the waters before having to choose a girl and get locked in for the rest of the story. Most of the choice is based on looks of course, but I do prefer getting to know each of the girls for a while to make sure they don't have any hidden personality quirks that may pop up later and annoy the hell out of me. It is also nice to see at least a brief nude shot or two. Just to make sure they don't have a wonky boob, strange nips, or a busted up roast beef sandwich vag.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
I think he means you can only do one path (woman) per playthrough..and you must choose that relationship very early in game. That is the part I am iffy on.
There are choices early on where you can register disinterest in an LI, but you won't be required to make any commitments until several hours into the game.

For example, when Sean and Donna Lee ask if you're interested in Jamie, if you choose no, you are no longer on Jamie's romance path. But if you choose yes, then you are on Jamie's romance path, but you are still on the other LI's romance paths as well. Registering interest in an LI this early doesn't foreclose "choosing" a different LI later in the game.

So basically, there are lots of opportunities to end things (intentionally or unintentionally) early on with each of the women, but nothing requiring you to close off any woman's path this early.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
There are choices early on where you can register disinterest in an LI, but you won't be required to make any commitments until several hours into the game.

For example, when Sean and Donna Lee ask if you're interested in Jamie, if you choose no, you are no longer on Jamie's romance path. But if you choose yes, then you are on Jamie's romance path, but you are still on the other LI's romance paths as well. Registering interest in an LI this early doesn't foreclose "choosing" a different LI later in the game.

So basically, there are lots of opportunities to end things (intentionally or unintentionally) early on with each of the women, but nothing requiring you to close off any woman's path this early.
That is good to know. If we can date multiple people for early to mid game then that allows for better decision making later. I think I prefer it that way as opposed to playing the field in a game where that behaviour is considered cheating and then you get hit with a series of punishment plotlines as a result. Those stories view modern dating as cheating, but until you go exclusive it should just be considered normal dating imo.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
That is good to know. If we can date multiple people for early to mid game then that allows for better decision making later. I think I prefer it that way as opposed to playing the field in a game where that behaviour is considered cheating and then you get hit with a series of punishment plotlines as a result. Those stories view modern dating as cheating, but until you go exclusive it should just be considered normal dating imo.
Yes, I agree! But I'll also add a caveat:

Just like in real life, the LI's in LDNA have different attitudes about sex and dating. While some may think it's normal to have sex with multiple women when you're single (think Sage from BaD), some may feel insecure about you being involved with other women and require a commitment before they'll sleep with you (think Jill from BaD). But if you're paying attention you should be able to navigate these relationship waters without accidentally closing off any paths earlier than you mean to.

I do think some of the fun in these games is watching the drama unfold when you're trying to date multiple women. So while it's important that the game give clues as to what the correct path is for each LI, things are most interesting when you don't know for sure what the consequences of each choice will be. And, after all, human interaction in real life is likewise often unpredictable.

For example, some people who were interested in Jamie chose not to flirt with the bartender. And that wasn't a "wrong" choice; it certainly didn't hurt your relationship with Jamie and it gave you some nice dialogue with her. But on the other hand, if you did flirt with the bartender, it got you an entertaining scene where Jamie "defended her territory," to use Sean's words, and that aggressive response from Jamie literally got her juices flowing. Will that choice have a long term impact? You don't know. But I promise there won't be any shocking surprise three episodes later where you find out, "Shit, because I made that one choice with an unpredictable outcome now I can't end up with Jamie." That level of unpredictability is no fun.

Another LI may have reacted differently to flirting with the bartender. Or if you had been on a date with Jamie and you flirted with another woman, should you expect the same type of reaction? Probably not. And so a big part of the game is trying to correctly read both the LI and the specific situation.

Sep 3, 2020
Yes, I agree! But I'll also add a caveat:

Just like in real life, the LI's in LDNA have different attitudes about sex and dating. While some may think it's normal to have sex with multiple women when you're single (think Sage from BaD), some may feel insecure about you being involved with other women and require a commitment before they'll sleep with you (think Jill from BaD). But if you're paying attention you should be able to navigate these relationship waters without accidentally closing off any paths earlier than you mean to.

I do think some of the fun in these games is watching the drama unfold when you're trying to date multiple women. So while it's important that the game give clues as to what the correct path is for each LI, things are most interesting when you don't know for sure what the consequences of each choice will be. And, after all, human interaction in real life is likewise often unpredictable.

For example, some people who were interested in Jamie chose not to flirt with the bartender. And that wasn't a "wrong" choice; it certainly didn't hurt your relationship with Jamie and it gave you some nice dialogue with her. But on the other hand, if you did flirt with the bartender, it got you an entertaining scene where Jamie "defended her territory," to use Sean's words, and that aggressive response from Jamie literally got her juices flowing. Will that choice have a long term impact? You don't know. But I promise there won't be any shocking surprise three episodes later where you find out, "Shit, because I made that one choice with an unpredictable outcome now I can't end up with Jamie." That level of unpredictability is no fun.

Another LI may have reacted differently to flirting with the bartender. Or if you had been on a date with Jamie and you flirted with another woman, should you expect the same type of reaction? Probably not. And so a big part of the game is trying to correctly read both the LI and the specific situation.
well I don't like dating multiple girls at once I'm a one-woman kind of man I'm monogamous down to my bones

I'm so happy that the game has that option

and I know this may sound weird but I like dating girls that don't want me to be with any other girl but her

I like it when a girl is very Territorial and possessive

please tell me there's a girl like that for me

and one last question do you know when the next update will be

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
well I don't like dating multiple girls at once I'm a one-woman kind of man I'm monogamous down to my bones

I'm so happy that the game has that option

and I know this may sound weird but I like dating girls that don't want me to be with any other girl but her

I like it when a girl is very Territorial and possessive

please tell me there's a girl like that for me

and one last question do you know when the next update will be
I don't want to label any character as being possessive, but there is at least one scene where a character acted in a way that suggested some level of what you're describing, i.e. Jamie's response to MC flirting with the bartender.

I don't have a release date yet. It will still be at least a couple of months.

Sep 3, 2020
I don't want to label any character as being possessive, but there is at least one scene where a character acted in a way that suggested some level of what you're describing, i.e. Jamie's response to MC flirting with the bartender.

I don't have a release date yet. It will still be at least a couple of months.
okay thank you for answering my question brother

I like women that want me all to themselves it make me feel special

Reactions: Impious Monk

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Wow quite the slow burn on this one, but the dialog has very few issues, which is great to see with translated games, there must be a good editor familiar with the nuances of the translated dialog.

Beginning MANY of the sentences with "I MEAN" though is getting mighty tedious and irritating, it's a lot like someone using "Yeah No", in my opinion.

I do like a couple of the women in this, Jamie is a cute girl next door type but that Armenian detective with the name I NEVER pronounce properly AggrivateMe, AreUGonnaDateMe, OhHavanna, AreYouVanny, AhGrabMyHeiny, EggsOverEasy MeckOffThen, AgaviAnnie MilkAndHoney, Aghavani Melkonyan...perhaps chose names with a more friendly pronunciation?

Reactions: Impious Monk

erkper

May 16, 2018
that Armenian detective with the name I NEVER pronounce properly AggrivateMe, AreUGonnaDateMe, OhHavanna, AreYouVanny, AhGrabMyHeiny, EggsOverEasy MeckOffThen, AgaviAnnie MilkAndHoney, Aghavani Melkonyan...perhaps chose names with a more friendly pronunciation?

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Wow quite the slow burn on this one, but the dialog has very few issues, which is great to see with translated games, there must be a good editor familiar with the nuances of the translated dialog.

Just asking, why do you think it's a translated game?

Reactions: drisarter

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
Oh Oh remodel of the blonde model...i found her model great in the initial release and wanted to play her route the most (second the redhead but the other two just arent appealing to me) i hope it is not an improvement for the worse :confused:

must say very very rarely i saw a so called improvement of characters where it made sense but mostly just dissatisfied people who liked them from the beginning...

4.80 star(s) 94 Votes