4.80 star(s) 94 Votes

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
Is there a comparison of the before and after of the blonde LI's model?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and like i feared not a fan. seems the model is the same with modified shader/skin and eyebrows + new hair and outfit.
but now the cute shy look is gone and she looks like your average avn bimbo :confused:

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
Oh Oh remodel of the blonde model...i found her model great in the initial release and wanted to play her route the most (second the redhead but the other two just arent appealing to me) i hope it is not an improvement for the worse :confused:

must say very very rarely i saw a so called improvement of characters where it made sense but mostly just dissatisfied people who liked them from the beginning...
This is a fair concern so let me explain this move.

There were some very valid criticisms that the blonde was too young looking. Some people mistook her for a young teenager at first. The character is supposed to be 25 years old, so I definitely didn't want that. The fixes to this were simple and I made a couple of other minor changes as well.

#1 -- The material base I used for her original was very smooth. When I first created the character, I thought this was what I wanted. But later I decided it wasn't as high quality of a skin as the other characters had. I also had made some custom color changes to the skin that I later regretted. So I upgraded to a different material base which is both more realistic looking and which ages her slightly due to its texture.

#2 -- Blondie was originally supposed to be about 5'0" tall. However, when I made her original morphs, what I didn't realize was I had accidentally scaled down her entire model, not just her height. This made her look more like an actual child than a short adult. I fixed this--Blondie is still a shortie at 5'2", but the rest of her figure is now proportionally sized.

#3 -- Blondie had been given slightly larger breasts than I wanted only because she was so small that I was trying to avoid her looking too much like a child. With the other changes I made making her appear more like an adult, I was able to reduce her breast size just a smidge.

#4 -- I was pretty happy overall with her facial morphs, but I made some very tiny adjustments to her face, including reducing her cheek sink morph, giving her new eyebrows, and increasing the size of her eyes just a smidge. But for the most part her face is the same as the old model.

#5 -- Her hairband look is still a thing, but it's not her main hairstyle anymore. While I always liked the sort of sweet, innocent vibe it gave her, I found another hairstyle that I think is more flattering to her face and that makes her look more like an adult. So now when she's introduced in Part One, we see she has a ponytail. The hairband hairstyle does come back for a scene in Part Two, so it will still be around here and there.

I did share and discuss these changes with my supporters and there seemed to be a general consensus that they were an improvement.

Is there a comparison of the before and after of the blonde LI's model?
Sure, here you can see some of the facial changes and also the size difference:

comparison1.png comparison2.png

Also take a look at the new preview images on the first post of this thread which show some renders for this character coming up in Part Two.

If you're still not convinced, just please trust me when I say this new model is more consistent with the character I want to portray in the story, and that's more important than anything else.

But seriously, you guys are going to love this character. I predict she tempts more than a few Jamie disciples to switch teams. :ROFLMAO:

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021

and like i feared not a fan. seems the model is the same with modified shader/skin and eyebrows + new hair and outfit.
but now the cute shy look is gone and she looks like your average avn bimbo :confused:
Give me until Part Two. Let's see if I can convert you.

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
Give me until Part Two. Let's see if I can convert you.
i dont think so i am stubborn thats why i hate character changes you start a game because you like a char and then this char changes this left a bad aftertaste everytime so only one li left i find atracctive but not very eager to play her route cause everyone just pushes the mc towards her... (his ex i find just plain ugly and this somehow hurts the immersion thinkingh that the mc was somehow into her but maybe he just had one or 20 drinks too much) thats just a problem with tastes i am shure a lot people will like the changes and find the others all hot

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Thank you! I appreciate the nice comments.
You're welcome.

Though there are a couple of things that I dislike about the game.

I don't like how MC dismiss Sarah (I think it was?) with a "not my type", likely because she is a little chubby. I hope for a route where she proves him wrong. There are too few chubby LIs in AVNs!

And I really dislike the "I'm fine" trope. If you are stabbed and need stitches you are not fine. And claiming to be "fine" isn't manly, it is childish. On the other hand MC seems to have a bit of a childish streak considering his reaction after he got the news about the lead on his dad.

On the positive side, I really found Armin and his yarn spinning to be hilarious. And the evening with Donna Lee and Sean is great. MC is very lucky to have such great friends.

Looking forward to next installment.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
I don't like how MC dismiss Sarah (I think it was?) with a "not my type", likely because she is a little chubby. I hope for a route where she proves him wrong. There are too few chubby LIs in AVNs!

And I really dislike the "I'm fine" trope. If you are stabbed and need stitches you are not fine. And claiming to be "fine" isn't manly, it is childish. On the other hand MC seems to have a bit of a childish streak considering his reaction after he got the news about the lead on his dad.
I agree! Hopefully we'll see some growth from MC throughout the game.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
Are you aiming for a May release for Part 2 or it's more a June-thing?
Definitely not May. June would be optimistic but unlikely. I just can't give a projected release date yet.

It's been a long wait, I know, but when it drops there will be a lot of new story to play. I've already got maybe two-and-a-half hours of content finished.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Definitely not May. June would be optimistic but unlikely. I just can't give a projected release date yet.

It's been a long wait, I know, but when it drops there will be a lot of new story to play. I've already got maybe two-and-a-half hours of content finished.
Take your time, don't rush!
To me I realized recently, a good update end is a must! A good update end is memorable and would leave the players wanting for more. Could also translate to more patrons that wants more.

I have 3 games in my mind right now that comes out in 2022, and of the three, yours is definitely the top I'm looking forward to. I want to see more of Jamie and Aghavni.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Just played this after seeing the dev in the Chasing sunsets thread I looked at the game banner and it looked interesting
so I thought I would give it a go.
I am glad I did it's a really good game. I have already decided Jamie best girl
I do think the mc is kind of an douche but I think he will grow as a person.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
aghavni_ps.png

Leaving DNA's Steam store page is now up!

The actual game is not on Steam yet; the store page just shows it as "Coming Soon." I'm still working out details, but here are the answers to the two big questions people will have:

(1) There is no release date announced yet for Steam. It won't be for several months and may depend on how many Wishlist adds I get. I may not release it on Steam until Episode Three is ready.

(2) Finishing Episode Two is my top priority, and putting up this store page on Steam will not delay the release of Episode Two. Episode Two will be released on Patreon/SubscribeStar as soon as it is ready, and then the game will be released on Steam some months later. Episode Two is still several weeks away from completion.

Details like Steam pricing and compatibility with the Patreon/SubscribeStar version will be worked out later.

In the meantime, you can REALLY help me out by Wishlisting the game!

:D

Last edited:

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Not gonna lie but with a title like that I thought I found myself a breeding game or something like that xD

I have to say these are some HD renders though so that alone has moved the game on my watchlist.

Godspeed Monk

Reactions: Impious Monk

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1686676094648.png

Dev be still working on the update, not finished yet.
So close and yet so far away.
Here is hope the update should be ready for release sooner rather than later.

Reactions: canadianmaplebacon
4.80 star(s) 94 Votes