4.80 star(s) 91 Votes

jufot

May 15, 2021
I do also think it's realistic to end her romance path there because if a woman stops to smile and flirt and I deliberately blow her off, mentally she'll dismiss me as a romantic partner and I'm probably not getting a second chance.
I think you handled this very well, it feels realistic, which is rare around here. And I completely disagree with the idea that saving her from being raped should "earn you brownie points" with her. MC is a moral man (as seen in the gym scene) and doing the right thing is its own reward; there should be no expectations of a payout. Especially one of a sexual and/or romantic nature.

Anyway, you're definitely on the right track. Keep it coming :)

erotcniques

Sep 17, 2021
Wow, not gonna lie, after playing this game made me realize my writing sucks LOL.
Well at least now I have something else to look forward to.

Reactions: Impious Monk

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Great start. Definitely lays the groundwork for a story focused game. The legal stuff seems realistic to a layman like me. Personally, I found the banter with Jaime slightly awkward. Just one of those interactions that seem like it belongs in a sitcom. Overall, this is definitely on the right track, and the main case is very interesting.

One thing that I might have missed, though. Who is that woman at the beginning? Doesn't match MC's backstory so it's not his mom. It's also not the artist who got beat to death by the Orc tattoo guy.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
We are talking about her being open to MC, not the attributes of MC.
She has to see MC more like someone to be around/talk to/look for.
We are not awarding points for MC named Linda, or Ginny, or Louise.
I think you handled this very well, it feels realistic, which is rare around here. And I completely disagree with the idea that saving her from being raped should "earn you brownie points" with her. MC is a moral man (as seen in the gym scene) and doing the right thing is its own reward; there should be no expectations of a payout. Especially one of a sexual and/or romantic nature.

In any game where the likability of MC is numbered in how much susceptability points
this or that character has amassed in their hearts so that MC will get a favorable reaction out of them
when his time comes to interact with them, yes, a very good first impression of a stand up guy,
that is the most important.

Again, we are not jumping in her arms just yet, we are saying the starting points of girls MC has done good by should be higher than those he has snubbed or flaked on.

Reactions: Andrew Rider

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game be pretty neat.
MC is manufacturing hardship to the point of sending away people for no good reason.

Using other words for sending a girl away becaue you do not care would be:
”I only go out with my male friends, their wifes are just some other people I do not hang with”

Case in point MC is actively blowing off his work partner, his work ethic, his health, his well being,
to go get shanked on a public basketball court in the middle of nowhere and then go limp back home to suffer.

What a wonderful life this is, eh?

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I have nothing bad to say about this game so far, for a demo that was pretty lengthy and it's been near perfect imo. It's story driven and The MC is a successful 35 year old dude who actually acts like an adult with morals, now thats a damn unicorn when it comes to AVN adult MCs or any AVN MC for that matter.
The women looks GREAT and the MC has male friends who are not morons for a change(another unicorn)
The facial expressions are a great addition as well something u don't often see in these kinds of games.

Side note: Aghavni huh? First time I've ever heard that name, sounds kinda weird but it grows on you. It's exotic.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
I've finished scripting Parts One through Five of LDNA. Some people had expressed concern about the lack of choices in the Demo (only one). As I have promised, this game will feature many choices which will begin to stack on top of each other and ultimately lead to different endings independent of whichever Love Interest you choose. Here are the Ren'py Lint statistics for the game so far:

"The game contains 10,080 dialogue blocks, containing 91,369 words and 480,308 characters, for an average of 9.1 words and 48 characters per block. The game contains 50 menus..."

So, 50 choices so far in Parts One through Five and there will be a total of eight Parts.

I know when new games are released it's difficult to have any confidence in the developer that the game will ever be finished. And in particular since all I've released so far is a demo it's hard for you to know how serious I am about finishing LDNA.

But the released demo is a solid 45+ minutes and the unreleased total script is closing in on 100,000 words. I am also making strong progress on completing Part One. Hopefully this information will inspire just a little bit of confidence that I am serious about finishing the game.

Anyone who has played LDNA already, I appreciate you. Anyone else, would love to have you try out the game.

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I've finished scripting Parts One through Five of LDNA. Some people had expressed concern about the lack of choices in the Demo (only one). As I have promised, this game will feature many choices which will begin to stack on top of each other and ultimately lead to different endings independent of whichever Love Interest you choose. Here are the Ren'py Lint statistics for the game so far:

"The game contains 10,080 dialogue blocks, containing 91,369 words and 480,308 characters, for an average of 9.1 words and 48 characters per block. The game contains 50 menus..."

So, 50 choices so far in Parts One through Five and there will be a total of eight Parts.

I know when new games are released it's difficult to have any confidence in the developer that the game will ever be finished. And in particular since all I've released so far is a demo it's hard for you to know how serious I am about finishing LDNA.

But the released demo is a solid 45+ minutes and the unreleased total script is closing in on 100,000 words. I am also making strong progress on completing Part One. Hopefully this information will inspire just a little bit of confidence that I am serious about finishing the game.

Anyone who has played LDNA already, I appreciate you. Anyone else, would love to have you try out the game.
Yeah honestly I don't know how anyone could complain about the demo being short. I played it and it's not short at all(for a demo) Alot of games have full updates that are even shorter than that. 45+ minutes is waaay more than enough for a demo especially considering the fact that most most demos are like 15 minutes short. That alone instills confidence for me

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Played it and loved it. It opened up the world, it set the stage for the babes,
it also punched a hole right through our protagonist gut with a very unceremoniously overlooked
actual stabbing while glaring the obvious problem:
where do these guys find a lonesome public basket ball court
right at the sweet spot of dusk for one entire hour or more,
while their only concirn is not thugs taking over the court,
but thugs actually raping girls in the street right next to them,
girls they know and thus have a genuine sense of responsability to help out,
if nothing, at least as a sworn duty to the careers they chose (prosecutor and lawyer)

This whole game could go any number of ways, some of which this ”demo” kind a ditched in the
mind of the protagonist and possibly in the minds of our gamers:
1- MC alienating the girlfriend of someone he knows for reasons apparently only in his head
MC cannot love phisically and thus seems to tag anyone looking to hang as a suitor

As a public servant, he holds the office at the pleasure of the attorney who is the elected head of it,
so this tendency to push people away might just amount to alienating actual good people from his career
and life, a big no no for a job ”in service of the people”.

2- MC alienating the office friends he seldomly sees outside of work,
the lawyer friend only sees on scheduled sport outings,
the male coworker only drinks with in the late hours of overworking,
the female coworker he disses with mixed signals of either taking her too seriously
or effectively not taking her opinions into account at all just moments
after opening up to her and asking for her nudge in his troubles.

Anyone who has played LDNA already
We have a lot to look forward to see in the future:
MC making it up to all these different people
who want a piece of him that he has snubbed in the demo
one way or another.

Guess owing people is better than not knowing them at all.

4.80 star(s) 91 Votes