3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

GameBear

Honey Paw Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Well. Switched a few times, it seems, since it was originally RPGMV and then MZ. See quote below.

Using Unreal for a (very small content-wise) game ... well. You need to optimize it then because there isn't gigabytes of content in this. Unreal is not very economical with space.
It was originally released in 2020 with an MZ engine. I switched to it from MV before the v0.1 version has been released.

Also, Unreal is very economical with space and resource consumption if you know what you're doing. It's one of the reasons I switched to it. Back in 2020, I ran several tests comparing MZ and Unreal Engine versions with the same content amount. Unreal won every time in terms of HDD, RAM, and CPU consumption. No need to mention it was already a version redone in 3D. For comparison, the RPGMZ version with the current amount of content and animations would consume around 3.5 Gb of disk space. The current UE version consumes less than 1 Gb of HDD space.

The initial choice of RPGMZ was a huge mistake, as I've already had good practical experience with Unity and Unreal back then. RPGMZ looked misleadingly lightweight and cute before I got some real experience with it. Plugins and extensions didn't help much.

In my opinion, RPGMZ is okay-ish if you want to make a game that can be run on a potato PC or if you're a beginner developer with no coding experience. It's very limited, though, in terms of data structures, data management, and graphics rendering. If you want to have freedom of implementation for your game mechanics, then it's better to look at one of the general-purpose engines, like Unity, Godot, or Unreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pachi and LazyDwarf

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
Is there any reason to stay at the inn? Seems like the innkeeper is wasted.
after you finished with the goblin pay him the last time decline the room ,and start staying at the inn every morning eat the food and then talk to Harold each day will unlock a new scene

GameBear

Honey Paw Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I have the same issue, cannot start the game. I use windows security.
Is there an error message? Are you starting the new game or loading an old save? Is there a screenshot of the problem? What are the system specs? Telling that there's some kind of problem or "the same issue" doesn't help to narrow down the root cause.

Reactions: Anders78

Anders78

Sep 13, 2020
Is there an error message? Are you starting the new game or loading an old save? Is there a screenshot of the problem? What are the system specs? Telling that there's some kind of problem or "the same issue" doesn't help to narrow down the root cause.
I just started and downloaded the game, from here.
I use a laptop 8GB RAM, Windows 10, x64-based processor, processor is at 1.10 GHz. Maybe it is a memory issue?
As soon as it starts to load, I get this message.

Simon12345_

Aug 14, 2019
Bro when are you gonna start making a android port so people like me can play if your busy making the next updates or whatever which i understand but please just use some of that patreon money and pay someone to do i actually enquired to someone about your game to port it for me to android as i really wanted to play and at the time i was willing to pay my own money fml but he said you need the original files to do it so come on bro its about time now lol

GameBear

Honey Paw Games
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Bro when are you gonna start making a android port so people like me can play if your busy making the next updates or whatever which i understand but please just use some of that patreon money and pay someone to do i actually enquired to someone about your game to port it for me to android as i really wanted to play and at the time i was willing to pay my own money fml but he said you need the original files to do it so come on bro its about time now lol
If I remember correctly I've already given you the answer in PM. I have no plans for the Android platform. For a number of reasons.

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes