Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Sure, but at least it would make sense for Mira. Or, alternatively, you could add a scene where Mira and Arianna have a talk on boundaries re: dicks, and make that the place where the player can choose. If you're cool with dicks, the glory hole scene (which would appear much later on) could proceed without the need for cognitive dissonance.
I think you'll always have player/reader concerns "impinge" on the story or the characters' motivations. I doubt a sudden unavoidable sex scene with a male partner would go down well in the average male-MC game either. That's just how it works in this scene, and that isn't only a self-inserting thing either.

And I don't want to overstate the scarcity of games with meaningful pure lesbian paths, but it isn't the most well-catered niche either, really.

Or, alternatively, you could add a scene where Mira and Arianna have a talk on boundaries re: dicks, and make that the place where the player can choose. If you're cool with dicks, the glory hole scene (which would appear much later on) could proceed without the need for cognitive dissonance.
That could be an alternative for player input in the scenes themselves, but Novus overhauled this exact aspect of this exact route before. So I doubt they're eager to completely change it again. But I'm not the dev, so I can't be sure about that.

I'll refer you to my reply to GokutheG :) I'm not advocating for non-consent. I'm pointing out the inherent silliness of dumping a ton of exposition on the player about how the traffic light magic is instinctive, how Mira just knows if she's up for something, and then suddenly abandoning that bit of worldbuilding - to game breaking effect! - because of player concerns.
My paragraph didn't take aim at non-consent, but at the idea that it was a contradiction. Mira giving negotiated consent or the player giving consent are just 2 different designs for CNC.

Now that I've played till the end of Arianna's current route, it actually gets better! I had to bypass the above bug with some console shenanigans, but if you reject dicks again at the club in week 5 you finally get the "I can't date you if you don't like dicks" conversation. Good stuff! I actually love that the game is decisive about it - No dicks? Fine, but no Arianna romance for you because she is pan, not player-sexual :)
Isn't that a temporary thing? :unsure:

Last edited:

jufot

May 15, 2021
I'm not sure? The scene I'm talking about has Mira end the romance with Arianna and stay FWBs because the former is not interested in dicks. I understood that to mean they'll still have casual sex, but Arianna won't try to force dicks into Mira. I don't see anything in that link to negate that.

Although, now that I think about, there is a scene shortly after where Mira gets dicked by a futa robot, so it's not entirely consistent. Hmm :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jaike

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
I'm not sure? The scene I'm talking about has Mira end the romance with Arianna and stay FWBs because the former is not interested in dicks. I understood that to mean they'll still have casual sex, but Arianna won't try to force dicks into Mira. I don't see anything in that link to negate that.

Although, now that I think about, there is a scene shortly after where Mira gets dicked by a futa robot, so it's not entirely consistent. Hmm :unsure:
Probably splitting the different versions of Arianna's path into a romance path and a casual sex path, then? Is that from build 20?

jufot

May 15, 2021
Probably splitting the different versions of Arianna's path into a romance path and a casual sex path, then? Is that from build 20?
No, build 19. If you reject both dicking choices, Arianna gives you a whole "I'm pan, you're clearly not, let's either be FWBs or just friends" speech. The latter isn't implemented yet (game over screen). The former just keeps you having sex with her. But as far as I can tell, it's still the same sex you'd be having in a "romance path". Or at least, I'm yet to see anything that suggests a "we're not dating, just fucking" distinction.

I assume that's intentional, to keep extra development effort to a minimum.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: GokutheG
4.70 star(s) 7 Votes