3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Can someone tldr or link a post that summarizes what's happened? Completely out of the loop, seems like it's getting rebooted which i find odd, will it maintain the same animation? I really loved the animation the current version has :((
tlrd:
Either the old version was heading to a dead end with it's complications or too many of the developers thought it would, so they decided to restart the project.

The team changed quite a lot: Abelius (seen a few posts before yours) is out, but the crew got bigger, notably with new animator and a professional programmer.

The new plan is a 3d game (or a game with 3d models and animations at least) that plays more like an actual RPG with story, party, inventory and a lot of adult content.

Short term goal: a demo version that can be played with limited content at first, mainly to show the players what we can expect here.

What we saw already: Krystal's new design, clothing variations, walk animation (just above your post) and a few NPCs.

No deadlines so far, but the team is a lot bigger and by all accounts active and passionate, so now we wait and see.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
The new plan is a 3d game (or a game with 3d models and animations at least) that plays more like an actual RPG with story, party, inventory and a lot of adult content.
Mind if I correct you for a sec? The models are going to be 2.5D. They are 2D with some amazeaballs workings that makes the sprites have a 3D like effect. I believe it's called shift rotating.

Reactions: Jinsoyun

1stxknight

Jun 8, 2017
It looks extremely different from what the game currently looks like and without offending anyone, but it doesn't look very good. or at least the running animation doesn't look so good
Thats why that running animation isn't finished and is considered still a prototype much like all of the other animations. So of course it doesn't look good.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
tlrd:
Either the old version was heading to a dead end with it's complications or too many of the developers thought it would, so they decided to restart the project.

The team changed quite a lot: Abelius (seen a few posts before yours) is out, but the crew got bigger, notably with new animator and a professional programmer.

Short term goal: a demo version that can be played with limited content at first, mainly to show the players what we can expect here.

What we saw already: Krystal's new design, clothing variations, walk animation (just above your post) and a few NPCs.

No deadlines so far, but the team is a lot bigger and by all accounts active and passionate, so now we wait and see.
Mind if I correct you for a sec? The models are going to be 2.5D. They are 2D with some amazeaballs workings that makes the sprites have a 3D like effect. I believe it's called shift rotating.

EZorit (2).gif

All 2D my lads :p

Though the environment is kind of an isometric 3D-ish... dunno... but it looks nice.

Josedx9

Aug 26, 2018
and will they maintain the concept that krystal is not some kind of nymphomaniac and that to have some kind of relationship with a partner, one must build first?
because that was something I liked about the game, there were characters that Krystal avoided talking to them, and it only related to those who maintained self-control or were kind to her

Reactions: Fyo and qvg84630

papragu

Jul 17, 2017
So you kick off the owner of the project to take it over and turn it into something nobody really wants? Sounds like a smart move /sarcasm and Breeding Season all over again. "But we are not those devs!" the fuck you're not. You are exactly like Vlad. People loved Krystall for the nostalgic sidescrolling style. Now you turn it into some crap 2D 3D mix abomination.

Reactions: Ellgranto

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
and will they maintain the concept that krystal is not some kind of nymphomaniac and that to have some kind of relationship with a partner, one must build first?
because that was something I liked about the game, there were characters that Krystal avoided talking to them, and it only related to those who maintained self-control or were kind to her
The game still has a progression to it. I think MightyAltroll had a chart explaining what progresses into what, but the point is you still have to accrue points in submission, lust, etc. to progress the sexual acts. If you don't accrue those points, certain dialogue options and actions will be locked off to you, but you can rest easy knowing that you remain pure.

So you kick off the owner of the project to take it over and turn it into something nobody really wants? Sounds like a smart move /sarcasm and Breeding Season all over again. "But we are not those devs!" the fuck you're not. You are exactly like Vlad. People loved Krystall for the nostalgic sidescrolling style. Now you turn it into some crap 2D 3D mix abomination.
Saying that nobody really wants it is quite the baseless statement. There are 1,914 patrons currently backing the project. That is not some paltry number, especially for a project as this. And that's with people FULL WELL knowing that the project has been rebooted and the changes being made to the design. I also wouldn't call Abel the sole owner of the project. Last I checked, could be wrong, Kuja also owned the project and was also sort of the primary lead since the earliest days of Rebirth. And he's still on the team and very much happy with the design of the reboot. And having spent time on the Discord server, speaking with the devs, watching the streams, there doesn't seem to be any obvious signs of fatigue or loss of interest despite the complexity of the project.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I wrote the vast majority of the characters for the old LoK, and a good chunk of the dialogue. I'm still working on it, and the only thing changing dialogue/character wise is the Chieftain and Cenvir. Everyone else is staying the same for the most part.

1stxknight

Jun 8, 2017
An unknown percentage of us want pregnancy!
Its known and its not very significant enough for the devs. At best you guys will get a pregnancy ending at the end of the game provided you romance someone romanceable and has a dong.

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Its known and its not very significant enough for the devs. At best you guys will get a pregnancy ending at the end of the game provided you romance someone romanceable and has a dong.
Really? Where can i find that result? I dont recall any poll or something, maybe i missed it. From the dialogue with the shaman in the new old unfinished version, there were hints to no and a creepy maybe if i recall it right. Though the statement for this reboot is different, but i am curious where to find these numbers.

Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
yeha we want Pregnancy !!!!
Ah a man of culture. I don't think your dreams will come true. Based on all the release of this game I had play. I assume it will be pretty vanilla game when it comes to fetishes. If it will be furry and straight it will hit a niche anyway, there is hardly any good games when it comes to these two. Though they did went with a lot of lesbian themed scenes, so their exact focus isn't clear.

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
Ah a man of culture. I don't think your dreams will come true. Based on all the release of this game I had play. I assume it will be pretty vanilla game when it comes to fetishes. If it will be furry and straight it will hit a niche anyway, there is hardly any good games when it comes to these two. Though they did went with a lot of lesbian themed scenes, so their exact focus isn't clear.
All included fetishes have been long decided upon and discussed. You can find their full list on the LOK team's FAQ discord channel. I highly recommend to visit it just to know what to expect from the game.
A little spoiler: its not going to be just vanilla. If you check FAQ you'll be surprised.

p.s. no pregnancy as a mechanic unfortunately.
p.p.s. Old version of the game included easteregging pregnancy through K's egg incubation, but its no longer viable.

For the love of Allmighty, STOP referencing old version at all - it's been rendered absolute and there's no sense in expecting new version be alike - those are going to be 2 completely different games. If you want to know anything you SHOULD visit team's discord channel - there's like A TON of free info that you don't even need anyone to ask for.

• Love
Reactions: Mad_S and caril12

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
As Phantas said, there is a q&a with plenty of infos on their discord server, and you can discuss with the devs, they're very often chatting with the community. But I also know plenty of you won't bother go in their Discord, so here is the q&a!

Q: Will Krystal have customization?
A: Yes, the extent of which is still being discussed, but we feel that fur colorations, skins (musculature/textures), hair styles, breast sizes, and tail styles will likely be customizable.

Q: Why the Krystal remodel?
A: Complaints. Lots and lots of complaints, so we decided to redo it as best we could, and this new Krystal model will be **final**.

Q: What will combat be like?
A: If you could imagine a turn based system similar to KOTOR, but in 2D form with some improvements.

Q: Will everyone in the village still be the same?
A: Largely for the most part, only Cenvir and the Chieftain will be getting personality changes

Q: Feet?
A: Feet

Q: What other races are planned besides snakes, lizards, and wolves?
A: Yes. (A few)

Q: How will the overall story change?
A: It will be tighter and more grounded, immersion is one of my personal priorities when writing. As many details as I can afford.

Q: Will the story be darker and more adult?
A: Yes, but only to an extent. Death and descriptions of death will be a thing, bad stuff can happen, but it won't be excessive or cartoony violence. More grounded. We're not fetishizing death.

Q: Will there still be a slave route?
A: Yes and no, due to the complexity of the game design we've been planning, having an entire route of slavery would be too difficult to add. However I have plans for a sizeable slave side-quest.

Q: Will demons like that fox girl still be a thing?
A: Yes. Only they will be presented in a far more subtle and 'over time' fashion.

Q: Is Krystal going to have the same backstory or something different?
A: Krystal (And the name will be changeable in game), will be a girl born upon a federation world who joined the Federation out of school to become a pilot. Simple as that. She may have an ordinary upbringing, but she will become extraordinary during the course of the game.

Q: What kind of fetishes can I expect?
A: A lot. Standard sex which includes vaginal, oral, anal, handjobs, titjobs, etc. With nonstandard sex including lesbian, sexual acts with the various creatures of the world, nonconsensual upon losing battles, exhibitionism, humiliation, bdsm, tentacles, foot jobs, cum play, and much much more. If you can imagine it, it will likely be in, though we will **NOT** be adding scat, watersports, or guro.

Q: What if I don't like a specific fetish?
A: We will have content toggles for extreme things like beast sex and rapes, and SFW (incase you just want to play the game with no sex). All other sex acts can be easily avoided for the most part.

Q: Will weapons and equipments have RPG elements like stats, bonuses, poison/bleed effects, etc.?
A: Yes. Krystal herself will have stats and 'talents' that will function like feats from KOTOR. Equipment and weaponry will effect these stats negatively or positively.

Q: Will there be fast travel?
A: Yes, out of combat fast travel between points of interest.

Q: Will there be a gallery?
A: Yes, it will be unlocked by beating the game. The amount of content we have planned will be simply too large to expect players to have to find each scene to unlock it. So to make it simpler, beat game, get gallery.

Q: Will there be any post-game content?
A: Yes, new game + will be available once you've beaten the game, where you can start the game at max level with all of the gear you acquired in your previous game. Enemies will be much tougher, and there may be some unique rewards for new game + completions.

Q: Will there be secrets?
A: Yes. Unique and hidden weapons, equipment, easter eggs, and perhaps even secret characters/companions. These, unlike the gallery, must be found in order to be unlocked.

Q: How will quests work?
A: Standard self-contained RPG styled quests. Receive quest from talking to people, witnessing things, reading item descriptions, then complete quests for XP/rewards.

Q: How much equipment will the characters in the party work?
A: We plan on having the following slots:
- Markings (Tattoo)
- Head
- Upper Body
- Lower Body
- Hands
- Feet
- Underwear (With top/bottom toggle)
- Main hand weapon
- Shield slot (Will be unavailable with certain weapons)

Q: Will there be any new characters in the Razorclaw village than we saw the last time?
A: Yes and no. There were a number of characters that were **planned** in the older LoK:R that never made it. So there won't really be any 'new' characters per se, just the planned ones you never saw.

Q: Will companions be the only love interests in the game?
A: Yes, and will influence the ending. But there will be plenty of non-lover sex with various beings in the game.

Q: How will the dreams work?
A: Progressively becoming more nightmarish and surreal as the being grasps hold of your mind and attempts to corrupt you. There will be some gameplay in the dreams, and content for both SFW and NSFW versions.

Q: Will Krystal be a futa?
A: No.

Q: Will there be pregnancy?
A: NO.

Q: Why is development taking so long?
A: Because Kuja had to redraw stuff multiple times because of complaints from the community, and some weird setbacks involving random events affecting our various devs.

Q: Will some characters be pregnant?
A: Maybe.

Q: Will there be more endings?
A: Yes.

Q: Will there be a futa character?
A: YES. STOP. ASKING. THERE WILL BE SOME.

Q: Are there any plans for different male body types?
A: Yes. Dad bods, scrawny, and chad builds will be things.

Q: Should I play KOTOR?
A: Yes.

Q: Why is there no Trello?
A: It is currently up now:

Q: How will the game start out?
A: On the ship, you'll be able to explore it and speak to crew members.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes