3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
But the quote wasn't meant for you, XD.
Oh! Haha no problem. I was kinda confused for a moment. The LOK team doesn't really do the whole subterfuge thing. They're pretty transparent with Trello etc so I wouldn't think Kuja would send a spy.

It's not the best way to provide news tbfh, but the discord has a ton of public teasers and videos that show it. I should poke'em and suggest they put their development videos in a more blog/accessible post. They've been working pretty hard.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Oh, you're assuming I think in eight months they've done nothing but one or two images? I was hoping not, man!!

However, I only addressed him with this topic; the developer himself has published "If you want the game to be made, you can support...", that is, you have paid, it has been cancelled... so keep paying and we'll see when...
I am not the original dev. I and Kuja decided to remake the game because of various internal reasons which have been explained here, on the discord, and on the patreon a thousand times over. The entire purpose of Patreon is to support the development of games that you want to see, it isn't about paying for a final product, and I can't say I understand such a mindset.

So you saying the game has been canceled is the exact opposite of what has happened. We could have actually continued making the game from 0.8 exactly as it was, but we felt we had an opportunity to make a far more interesting game, with better quality in every aspect. So we chose to do the latter. Was it the correct decision? Only time will tell, but we made it anyway.

The game is actively being made, and due to the enormous complexity of it, it takes time. A long time. We've also encountered many random setbacks which some have attributed to the 'LoK Curse', but we've made it through those.

If you want to view the state of development, then you should visit us on our discord and see for yourself, otherwise I can't really help you.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Interesting question. I would add more, what will remain of the original game from now on?

So we'll see if it's true if the 0.8 dies... or not.

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
Since quite a lot of people seem to be out of the loop regarding the work and progress made by the LOK team, here are some of the updates the devs shared. It's up to you to judge if the progress is sufficient, but at least everyone can make his opinion based on straight facts. Keep in mind that this is work in progress, and changes are possible!

Some of the species that will be present:
species.png

Walk animation, front view:
F_Walk_BattleBikini.gif

The bushes (they will influence the spotting mechanics and allow you to hide):

Some UI:

More UI:

Quick overview of the level planned for the demo:

The world map:
map.gif

Menu and controls:

Some videos showing the black magics coding side (note that Gizmo built several tools, like the text editor, from the ground specifically for this game):

Some more videos are behind a paywall on their patreon.

And a little bonus!
Some voice acting (only moans and battle sounds)!

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Haha yeah, that's what the team needs to do but like on the description or in a Blogspot! I've been saying that in the discord from time to time. Nice post mate.

Reactions: chopolander

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Since quite a lot of people seem to be out of the loop regarding the work and progress made by the LOK team, here are some of the updates the devs shared. It's up to you to judge if the progress is sufficient, but at least everyone can make his opinion based on straight facts. Keep in mind that this is work in progress, and changes are possible!
I reserve the right to decide whether or not progress is sufficient after this time.

As I said earlier, I did not expect that after so long there would be no development...

Now... Despite the fact that there is development with what you show, these are loose ends and as far as you can see there are many, many months left until there is a demo.

Whoever started by donating 10 euros, right now will have spent 80 euros, which costs you a AAA Deluxe Edition, I'll leave it there.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Whoever started by donating 10 euros, right now will have spent 80 euros, which costs you a AAA Deluxe Edition, I'll leave it there.
I get why you make that comparison, but Patreon doesn't work like that. When you support someone through Patreon it is not with the explicit promise of a product in return, but rather because you want to support that someone. It's more like a tip jar with some added bonuses than a storefront. If you want to pay them what you think is fair for the game, then the only option is to wait until it's done or at least there is something playable.

And about that walk animation posted above. There still is something odd about the legs that I can't quite put my finger on. I guess in the game it'll not be this huge so it'll hopefully be less awkward. I think it's the knees. Not only how they look, but also how far down the legs they are.

Kunt

May 6, 2018
And about that walk animation posted above. There still is something odd about the legs that I can't quite put my finger on. I guess in the game it'll not be this huge so it'll hopefully be less awkward. I think it's the knees. Not only how they look, but also how far down the legs they are.
It happens with all female drawings, cause the razorclaw dude's legs look proportionate

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
It happens with all female drawings, cause the razorclaw dude's legs look proportionate
His upper legs still look too long to me. I'm probably just nitpicking, though. In the grand scheme not that big of an issue. I'll have to judge when I can see stuff in motion in the game.

May 7, 2018
Soooo ... since its gonne be this different game, guess it wont be called LoK: Rebirth v0.9
or its gonna be called chapter 2 or sth?
or its gonne have a totally new name like LoK: Revolution v0.1 :unsure:?

Reactions: dragonsix6969

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Soooo ... since its gonne be this different game, guess it wont be called LoK: Rebirth v0.9
or its gonna be called chapter 2 or sth?
or its gonne have a totally new name like LoK: Revolution v0.1 :unsure:?
That's a good question, actually. I just assumed it would still be called LoK: Rebirth, but I don't think I've read of any confirmation from the devs about that. In any case I think this thread will have to be tagged as abandoned and a new thread for the remake will have to be made when that's out. But doing so will cause confusion if the name stays the same.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
That's a good question, actually. I just assumed it would still be called LoK: Rebirth, but I don't think I've read of any confirmation from the devs about that. In any case I think this thread will have to be tagged as abandoned and a new thread for the remake will have to be made when that's out. But doing so will cause confusion if the name stays the same.
Well, it's going to be the same game... so I imagine we could just repurpose this thread for it, or we could start a new one with a slightly different name.

LoK: Rebirth II, The Rebirthening

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
Some small previews posted on the discord!
3D effect (reminder, all the art is actually 2D!):
Head_Tilt_MAX.gif

Run animation, front view (work in progress, obviously):
run3.gif

Reactions: 1stxknight
Dec 20, 2018
I don't wanna press a rush or anything, I just wanna express that I LOVE this game and where it is headed. Honestly, any promise of continued progress from the devs would make me happy. I don't need an immediate update or anything, I just haven't seen an update in a while and would love an official statement that this project hasn't been abandoned.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes