3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I don't wanna press a rush or anything, I just wanna express that I LOVE this game and where it is headed. Honestly, any promise of continued progress from the devs would make me happy. I don't need an immediate update or anything, I just haven't seen an update in a while and would love an official statement that this project hasn't been abandoned.
It hasn't been abandoned. We're working on the remake, doing most of the assets from scratch.

Kunt

May 6, 2018
Well, it's going to be the same game... so I imagine we could just repurpose this thread for it, or we could start a new one with a slightly different name.

LoK: Rebirth II, The Rebirthening
LoK: Rebirth II, Electric Boogaloo
Hey dude, I just wanted to tell you that we apreciate your efforts and actually being part of this thread.
Is the corona virus affecting you guys' workflow at all?

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Well, it's going to be the same game... so I imagine we could just repurpose this thread for it, or we could start a new one with a slightly different name.

LoK: Rebirth II, The Rebirthening
Perhaps later, in months, when we can see more than just scattered fragments, we can decide what to do with the thread.

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Nice news from the discord, which makes me to take back some of my problems lately. From Discord Public Updates:

Everyone So I know patience has been wearing thin with our development, and believe me, my patience has also been wearing thin. But I want to make this statement: The playtest will be released WITHIN the next two months. Preferably within April. Then, with your approval and hopefully desire to see the full game, we will begin development with all of the foundation we have built. I want you to know that I am so happy you've given us an opportunity to produce a video game, even if it is a massively rocky start. I love you all and appreciate your support every waking moment of my feeble human existence. Let's give Krystal the game she never got, the game she deserves!

To quote Kite-Man: Hell Yeah!

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
LoK: Rebirth II, Electric Boogaloo
Hey dude, I just wanted to tell you that we apreciate your efforts and actually being part of this thread.
Is the corona virus affecting you guys' workflow at all?
A lot of things have been affecting our workflow. It's actually kind of weird how many random outlandish things have been occurring. But we press on, regardless.

And thank you kindly for the nice words. :)

Reactions: Kunt

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Btw MightyAltroll Id recommend updating the Trello on number of animations done. Thats the main thing keeping the demo from becoming a thing right now, and we all are aware it takes a long time, dw, not here to complain. Just saying it's been sitting at 12/154 for quite some time now (rough Animations at 14/154), might want to keep that as up to date as possible to indicate some progress being made.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
The animations look good, but Krystal's face doesn't convince me, I liked the design of v0.8 better. His appearance was much more mature.

Her human-animal appearance was very well balanced, and that made her more attractive. In my opinion, her new look moves more to the animal aspect, and therefore, more cartoon, and the color brings it out.

Maybe it's the front view, maybe it's the neko shape of his mouth, which doesn't stick to a fox. But I think the original design should have been kept.

3.jpg

Last edited:

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
The animations look good, but Krystal's face doesn't convince me, I liked the design of v0.8 better. His appearance was much more mature.

Her human-animal appearance was very well balanced, and that made her more attractive. In my opinion, her new look moves more to the animal aspect, and therefore, more cartoon, and the color brings it out.

Maybe it's the front view, maybe it's the neko shape of his mouth, which doesn't stick to a fox. But I think the original design should have been kept.

View attachment 598187
Totally agree with that, I put my 2 cents and say I'm not furry my self but this main character looks interested me and gave chanse to the game. She was look more like japanese neko girls a bit, just a little, but i still will wait new demo to give it a try, maybe everything not that bad, i hope.

I also hope they don't return this shitty mindless gameplay where you need to do the same actions one million times before you start wanting to throw you mouse into monitor. I really liked previous game, but gameplay with all this slow walking and without opportunity to skip same actions was really sucks.

Last edited:

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I've made an example of what I would change in the design to make it more like the original look:

- Eyelashes and nose should be totally black, or almost black.

- The color should be darker and pulling towards purple

- Too many cat-like features: Mouth with too pronounced corners and pupils and iris too narrow...

- He should have a lot more front hair, hiding the headband.

- The contrast between lights and shadows should be a bit more exaggerated, to give the model more volume.

krystal.png

Last edited:

Alkizon

Mar 27, 2018
Still mostly same, too strong graininess, there is no skin's softness, color is important, no doubt, but not only. I'm still fully with this 1|2. I come here from time to time simply from old memory, as a tribute to time spent on passing latest version. Current game's direction completely disgusts me, but... what can you do, I have no right to demand anything, only voice my regret and that's all.

Reactions: chopolander

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
The changes were made because of a lot of complaints from the general public. We went through several iterations before arriving on one a lot of people agreed with. We won't make any major changes to it any more. HOWEVER.

You will be able to choose her fur color in the future.

Reactions: 156_163_146_167

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Character design complaints? Really? Excuse me, but I don't believe it.

If you were to tell me "it's impossible to recreate the same quality in the character" that's another thing, but those of us who have been playing since the first versions doubt very much that we're complaining about Krystal's design.
The new Krystal is horrible, and you are not even able to see the clear difference between the model you are making and the example you have seen I have edited.

I don't know who that "general public" is, but it gives me that you lie more than you talk. You have stated that the game will be the same as what we have played so far, and it is more than clear that no resources of the current game are being used to do... whatever they are doing, not even the design of the main character.

This thread is getting worse and worse... it's clear that the artistic destruction and the direction this is taking... is going nowhere.

Last edited:

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Character design complaints? Really? Excuse me, but I don't believe it.

If you were to tell me "it's impossible to recreate the same quality in the character" that's another thing, but those of us who have been playing since the first versions doubt very much that we're complaining about Krystal's design.
The new Krystal is horrible, and you are not even able to see the clear difference between the model you are making and the example you have seen I have edited.

I don't know who that "general public" is, but it gives me that you lie more than you talk. You have stated that the game will be the same as what we have played so far, and it is more than clear that no resources of the current game are being used to do... whatever they are doing, not even the design of the main character.
I'm the reason that Krys was changed, me. I'm the general public. I had the power to change how our heroin looks, just to cheeze you off. I was asked by the devs how she looks, and how to change her. So I put in my thoughts, and now we have what we have.

Btw, That was a lie. I had no part in how she looks. But the devs did take advise from others on how she should look. Be angry at yourself for not being there to pitch in on designs.

I did take a look at your rendition of Krys, and it was horrible.

That's another lie. it's not bad, But I prefer what we have now. Do note, we will have the options to change her fur color.

That's not a lie.

denpa

Jul 24, 2018
Obviously the original design is unsurpassed and changing it is a total mistake, but... I'm like you. I can only give my opinion textually and graphically.

The designer knew perfectly how to make Krystal desirable to the player. Few people can boast of doing that.

View attachment 598770
Yeh i loved this model to ..was super lewd , colours, shading , eyes, expressions, not to furry . After i saw new model months ago i stopped supporting , it doesn't even feel similar with the game i supported , also strangely i never saw any complains on patreon about how she looked wile i was a member. Only complain i saw about her looks was once about one sex CG , but was more about angle and slightly different art style . New one more beast features , many will like, many will prob pay even more , more fury games are , more money they get way to many fury supporters . If u notice from last post , even keatrix looks way more lizard . The disappointment for is that they changed the targeted market ..after initial support from ppl that got promised something else .

Reactions: dragonsix6969

kujakuja

Mar 26, 2020
They seriously are going to use this one? This has to be a joke, who the fuck thinks this is an improvement over the model we have right now. I can't believe this.
Hello there, I'm Kuja and I'm LOK project creator and artist. I got motivated by some of you guys questions and answers and ended up creating an f95zone account to to try to clarify some stuff regarding Krys new model, for anyone interested. I also want to apologize for my broken english in advance.

First of all, and as you already may know, Krys received an intensive rework on her model, for different reasons: 1) Heavy anatomy mistakes 2) Lack of model maneuverability for specific animations and 3) Feedback (Which happened both in Patreon and in Discord, but mainly in Discord, where I always encourage people to contact me directly with any feedback regarding the models or any other art I make. Many people did and still do so, which is great!).

During the model rework we went through various different "phases": Model Sketch > Team Feedback > Model Rework 0.5 > Discord and Patreon Feedback > Model Rework 1.0. Some weeks after those "phases" were done and gone people were still very vocal about some changes, so we proceeded to do more changes until most, but not everyone seemed satisfied with the new model. The last batch of changes that happened after model was "finished" were the ear, irises and feet changes (We made polls for some of those), which were not as heavy edits or additions as previous changes, making the model go from 1.6.5 to it's 2.0 version. In total, we had many, many different versions of the same model.

Keep in mind we normally ignore hairstyle and fur coloration feedback (for the moment), because those will (and we have been saying this for quite some time already (even though many people [somehow] still don't know about them) be able to be changed to different ones, so no feedback is needed for this particular set that is attached to the model itself at this particular time, which, again, means that she will have her original fur coloration (dark blue) [I even made concepts for this while streaming twice] and her original LOK hairstyle, along with many other fur coloration and hairstyles.

Now about some of the concerns I have seen on this very topic:

Krys looking naive: Definitely, I totally agree with that. However, we still have to show any character expressions to the public. We have been working on it for quite some time but it's a quite difficult transition and task to make due to the new model's complexity and many other technical issues. On the original game we had just an anime-style mouth-swap and many people felt like it was too robotic when the characters were talking. We are currently trying to change how that works, but it's a too of a technical talk for me to talk about at the moment. The point is that expressions can be changed and she only looks naive at the moment because we have only shown what I like to call a "T pose" (even though it's a 2D model and it doesn't count).

Krys model looking simplified and Model versions: This is a misconception and by no way true, except for maybe her tail, which had a change requested by the animators.

The most recent and new model is by no means more "simple" or simplified than any other previous version that I did in any possible way (Shading, number of parts, cutting and separation). After gathering some experience, all I did was increase the readability of the model itself. I painted her fur the exact same way I painted her in all models, so I believe this is an illusion created by the difference in tone. The one model presented has a much lighter tone than the original and that might be creating that illusion. At least I do think so.

About the model versions themselves, I created a reference image to show the difference I was trying to talk about. You should definitely ignore her expression, hairstyle and fur coloration to perceive and define what has changed between the models:

Note 1*: Some people still use the "wet" version of her original model as comparison material, but that should be disregarded, since it's an alternate version of a model.

Note 2*: Some model parts are altered inside Spine or Unity, due to technical reasons (like the original model length).

AA 1 VERSIONS.png

While still considering myself an amateur artist, even people not related to the field can acknowledge the improvements made on the anatomy field. I have been studying the female anatomy quite harshly for the past year and I think I did a good job at improving that exact part along with her overall face structure. Even though I was not able to please everyone, all of those changes were made in order to satisfy most of you. To be honest, despite being naive in this specific regard, I was completely satisfied with the rework 1.0 but we ended up changing her completely once more and then once more.

So please, keep in mind that feedback is an essential part of and in this project. I value your feedback and everyone else's and I just proved I did so, however I'm not even close to have perfected my skills and I'll never be able to please everyone, even though I still believe I'm improving in the art field.

There is a lot of stuff to retouch, modify, create and edit before we reach the 50-55 days before launching the tech demo. I don't want to sound like a broken record but there is still a lot of stuff that my dumb-dumb self doesn't understand completely and will probably never do but again, we are going to gather more feedback from everyone that wants to do so after we ship the tech demo to the public. We might even consider changing Krys appearance once more if requested too much.

So, all in all, the answer to the question is me. This third-grade amateur artist think the new model is an improvement in many different ways.

Keep it civil guys, remove all toxicity from your hearts and have a nice week.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Yeh i loved this model to ..was super lewd , colours, shading , eyes, expressions, not to furry . After i saw new model months ago i stopped supporting , it doesn't even feel similar with the game i supported , also strangely i never saw any complains on patreon about how she looked wile i was a member. Only complain i saw about her looks was once about one sex CG , but was more about angle and slightly different art style . New one more beast features , many will like, many will prob pay even more , more fury games are , more money they get way to many fury supporters . If u notice from last post , even keatrix looks way more lizard . The disappointment for is that they changed the targeted market ..after initial support from ppl that got promised something else .
congrats on breaking your post cherry after two years! I'm sorry for your distaste in how she looks, maybe after getting in game you might change your mind?

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes