3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Well it's a tech demo, there's not a lot to talk about. The sex scene is fine, though could do with some polish and maybe an option to zoom in a bit. Wasn't sure if you were supposed to go past the two pressure plates, managed to move the chest onto one but couldn't find a way to get someone to stand on the other long enough to get through the gate, or another object to drag onto it. The hunger system has me somewhat wary, exploration and long dialog trees don't mesh well with a time limit. Oh, and can we have uniform ledges? It's always annoying when you can fall off some ledges but not others, one or the other please.
On the positive side the front facing walk animation looks good, and set's war story while possibly a bit wordy does a decent job of providing some backstory without feeling like forced exposition.
You can zoom, actually. Bottom left show controls.

As for getting Keakrix to stand on the other play, press RMB and select her, position her onto the plate, then click the icon in the top left and has her stay put, then switch back to K.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
I'm glad to finally see something playable from this. Being a tech demo, I'd assume the final product will be much more polished, but here's some things I noticed that could need attention or may have just been a low priority:

* During one of the encounters with Appius, Krystal/the main character says something like "You won't regret this." That doesn't seem to fit the rest of the dialogue.
* The jumping can be very unresponsive even with plenty of stamina, especially when running.
* Turning off following will result in the secondary character being unable to move even when being directly controlled.
* Beginning a new game from the main menu retains current progress.
* Going through the caves, I was able to reach an area with a broken bridge. When trying to return to the caves, I entered an area called Hilltop that doesn't seem to have any exit path.

Edit: Okay, so it seems with new game things like dialogue progression and inventory are retained, but things like the temple door being opened are not.

I do like the animation on Krystal's model and some of the enemies sound like they could make for some good scenes.

Last edited:

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
Color me impressed, for a techdemo it feels like a solid framework to start (restart) with.

Tank1

Sep 25, 2017
Hrm, this is a toughie. I couldnt get the launcher to launch the game, had to "manually" launch it through the exe. Glitches aside the game ran smooth. The writing seemed a bit off, but it was decent. All in all, I cant say if it was enough to convince me to pledge again or not, but it was enough to keep me interested in further information. Edit: I did want to add though the music was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I deeply enjoyed the music.

Last edited:

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
1. The artwork in the launcher looks pretty sweet
2. The game runs okay in terms of FPS from what I saw
3. Can you do something about the grass in the first release? I really hope it will look more like the grass usually does in 3D games, or maybe also like it did before in the 2D version
4. Looks like PaperMario. The guess on my part is this is not final and due to having a lot of placeholders? I hope so. Cause the old version looked miles better compared. Im not saying the art is bad, it's excellent. Its just the way the 3D and 2D elements interplay right now
5. I do hope the environments will not all be 3D and looking like N64 graphics? Again, just going to assume this is placeholders. Cause Im hoping for a 2.5D style a la Indie Games such as Mark of the Ninja and such (pretty random title I know, was the first game that came to my mind thinking about 2.5D style, is all. picky any Indie Game on steam with 2.5D graphics, this is basically what Im hoping for)
6. UI looks slick. really nice work on that part. same for the map.
7. Skip function should not have to press it for each dialogue line if possible. Maybe also include a slider for text speed later. Just a suggestion.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I was wondering about the papermario thing too. Will the "shift rotating" help in making those views on the characters less paper?

Fleis

Jul 15, 2018
The Tech Demo shows a lot of promise - I especially noticed how smooth and easy the interface for various menues is to navigate and use. That and the map seems to hold a lot of area to explore, so I'm pretty hyped!

May 31, 2018
The launcher and the game menu looks cool, but creating such is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.

For example, the lancer consists of 4-5 pictures and a background screen, which is most likely one of the effects from * Adobe After Effects * program. To mix it's all togather could be just used Sony Vegas, where it is not difficult to make all the necessary settings, so that it looks more or less spectacular, and, with saving it's all as video file - just add it as background to the game project. ( The main game menu contains the same background as well, and the buttons can be drawn in Photoshop. )

Regarding the game itself - just try to find some video gides on YouTube about how create games on the Unity engine, and you will find out that this is much easier than it sounds.

So the most difficult moment in the creation of this game project will be the creation of animations and drawing character textures, and since the characters are not 3D models in this game - creating each new pose will take a lot of time, and, with given the speed of progress that these creators showed in a previous version of their game - I'm afraid - we won't see the finished project either in 10 years.

So, is it worth the wait? ... Well, here everyone decides for themself.

SkeithX7

Jul 1, 2017
Having messed around with the tech demo, it's pretty solid foundation. However, it was my mistake to have assumed the walking animations were at least completed to be shown off. The H animations shouldn't have been the main focus to complete for the tech demo in this respect or even been the reason to delay the tech demo in June.

When the crouch images are barebones done for all 8 directions yet the walking animations have placeholder images for 4, 2 only being animated which is front and back which includes the walk, run and jumping animations... the priority should've been first and foremost be the movement as it's the main thing a player is going to see.

That said, the positives:

The UI is actually pretty good

The "armor" system allows to remove clothing and actually shown on the character. It's honestly kind of impressive, even for someone like myself having been spoiled by ILLUSION games because I didn't expect that functionality for other H games ((least to my knowledge)). It might've already been revealed awhile ago in patreon or discord or otherwise announced but I havent been following that deeply.

The map design is acceptable with some surprising verticality like the temple being accessible from the hill to the south and access to the stairway by just jumping over the barrier. The cave and the surprise of the climbing / ledge grab functionality is appreciated as a result.

Still, was it worth the year long wait?

No.

Yet, since I don't have knowledge of the experience of the dev team, perhaps it should've been expected. Of course, being mindful that this version actually has potential to be a legit "game" which from my guess based on what's revealed in the tech demo... the dialog choices, animations, the images, the movement, the map design, how many locations are on the map and the near 2 year long development to reach the state for the old LoK:R ((0.8)), I think it's pretty safe guesstimate that a finished release would land somewhere in late 2024 to mid-2025.

I'm not excited because I'm aware of the danger of burnout and possible abandonment but I am hopeful that you guys make it work for the coming years its going to take. So I'm willing to put the money for it until that timeframe ends.

1593849221486.png

Cheers to future

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
Writing is still good(I really only follow games for their writing so good job writer,) there's an interesting game foundation visible, and the art looks decent in-game. My main gripe would be a bit of jankiness with the animations, and the quality of the animations in general.

I don't mean to say that the animator is doing a poor job. I wouldn't really know if they were and generally the animations were pleasant and attractive. Rather my gripe is that animation is so difficult and time-consuming to the point were I'm worried about the scale of animations that seems necessary to fulfill the promises of the tech-demo.

Is it really feasible for quality animations as seen in the demo to be produced at a rate sufficient to complete the game in a timely manner? I have no clue, but I can say that it seems like quite the arduous task. The developers may need to have a heart to heart and tone down the target quality of each sex scene/animation sequence so that the quantity necessary can be produced. e.g instead of 6 different animations for a scene just make 3. Personally, all I really need is one animation to display the gist of a scene and I'm happy.

Whatever they decide I wish them luck! There is certainly an interesting framework here.

JUDAEL

Jul 8, 2017
This will be endless.
They need 10 times the animations needed in the old ver. Climb,walk,run,pick,sneak, jump (ofc not counting the x-axis mirrored ones) ....in 2,3 point of view?
GL...

fuffek

Mar 24, 2019
Looks interesting for sure, expected little bit more finished textures to be honest but a tech demo is a tech demo.
Prefered the previous version dialog little bit more not sure how to explain it, had different feeling compared to this one, but still it was good (maybe rushed just for tech demo).
Keep in mind that you shouldnt be forced to jump over that gate when it was closed(also one of rushed tech demo things i quess)

I like the companion thing however I would prefer it a lot if you didnt get them to your team forever just like that, with some exceptions like keakrix for example but more like you hire them if you do some favors to them (HJ , BJ , threesome with female companion, stuff like that ) and you build like some friendship bar with them that can lead to permament companion after having sex with them. Just like in tech demo you had to do favor to snake.

You could also do some random events that could happen when you have like male companion and krystal get entangled by "sex plant" and the friendship bar is quite low with companion so he decides to use this opportunity and force a bj on her while shes restrained.

Doing some mechanic like you have to make a distraction on some guards or animal in order to get something you use yourself or female companion to have sex with them and you sneak with the other one would be also interesting.

The game has great potential however you guys realy need more staff to keep going with it at decent pace. its a huge burnout on games with small / long update ( Summertime saga or witch hunter trainer for example ).

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
It is more than clear to me that this game should not have abandoned the side scroll.
3D environments just show the pride of the team in trying to revolutionize a game that doesn't need it.

If the multi-layered side scrolling had been used to give depth effect it would have been something else, as many games do today.

Gesellschaft

May 31, 2018
Honestly this is so different than the original .8 version and thread has been so buried in drama and bickering this thread should be labeled as abandoned and a new thread should be made for this tech demo.

If not this will just be continuously compared to the original, and much more content loaded release.

May 31, 2018
Honestly this is so different than the original .8 version and thread has been so buried in drama and bickering this thread should be labeled as abandoned and a new thread should be made for this tech demo.

If not this will just be continuously compared to the original, and much more content loaded release.

Yeah, totally agree with that. Sadly, older version of their project is dead, and won't be continued. So it's GG for the game that many really liked, and now here is a completely different game...

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
The funny thing is that it's the same game, even more so when they've used LOK Rebirth's patreon to create it. Closing this means that they lied from the beginning and that this is something new that they have wanted to do by making money since day 1.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
The funny thing is that it's the same game, even more so when they've used LOK Rebirth's patreon to create it. Closing this means that they lied from the beginning and that this is something new that they have wanted to do by making money since day 1.
I don't see it as that. the devs have no control over the front page of this thread, plain and simple.

Reactions: fizz

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
They can request, ¿right?. If you don't believe it, can ask MightyAltroll, he'll tell you the game is the same.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes