6) change character and stand on first platform
7) move chest for second platform
8) take the paper
9) move chest to lizzard man
10) talk to lizzard man 2 times chest will be open
11) go to the hole
12) take the jar
13) go back to lizzard man and give him a jar

and im stuck... sooo what's next? Where is this merchant?

Sushi Aid

Jul 5, 2020
Hello World! Long time lurker. I think this would turn out to be an interesting game. It reminds me of...I-I can't remember that toonpimps game where there was a pseudo 3D map with 2D characters. It's a foggy memory for sure, or maybe i'm looking through rose tinted glasses, but i'm looking forward to this.

Tank1

Sep 25, 2017
Question, is the idea that the old story would simply be remade to fit the new graphics and engine? Meaning LOK:R up to 0.8 would be copied into the new engine, then once we get caught up to that point new content would be created? Or is the story changing as well? Guess I am a little bit confused as to the direction of the new game. Also possible this was explained and I simply missed it, sorry if so.

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Do you not have anything better to do, than to consistently disparage our progress? Try having a little more positivity in your life.

You need not call us 'Yandere dev' or other such things. I can assure you that we are very aware of how long things take, and how frustrated people can be. We are humans, we make mistakes, but we have the talent and capability of making a good game. Constantly harassing us isn't going to make it better, unless you truly want this project to die.
I dont agree with all contents of chopolander, but in some i see valid points.

On another note, i dont think you should go around and talk about harassement because of posts in here, and if any sort of crtics on the internet can bring this project to fall then i guess your skin isnt thick enough for people on the internet or you should remain in your bubble. But at least better than a monetary reason i guess.

I hope in the "polished" Tech Demo we can see these capabilitys and talent your talking about, because for now i see it as a downgrade overall. That reason may be too many WIPs, the shorteness (you can argue about that), the downgrade of the world which reminds me of an old console game in early 3d, the questionable control reaction and the animation with Snakeman (i truly hope that one isnt finished too).

In short, i dont see this as a better version or attempt of it, especially considering the time it consumed to get to this point, but you may prove me wrong in future updates.

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Only 2 things.
1. In F95 is not going to add an entry with what is new to exit? Because if it is the case, then it will be somewhat difficult to follow the thread of things without the easy to follow the page.

2. From what I see, with the launcher, I see that they seek to prevent the most recent future versions from spreading so quickly, so that the patreon has some strength, but the question here comes ... So that implies that there will be exclusive content of patreon or will it only be a difference as to what content one and the other get to access? Type: Public content is the content of patreon from last month and patreon has content of the month.

Because that being the case it would not be bad, but if it were the other ... I understand that they have to give reasons to the patreon, but that the content in general is divided in such a way, I personally find it somewhat heavy and not in good sense. Because of course, patreon pays for the project to continue and the general public just watches, but in both cases they are both fans of the same thing, so drawing such a firm line between each other is what seems to me somewhat unnecessary .

In case of creating a line, I think it would be better if the extra content of patreon were treated as DLC that they download and enjoy, but the base game is base for everyone. In a simpler and more direct term: that if there are scenes that I am missing, I will not get a sign saying that because I am not a patreon I miss it or that because I am not a patreon I lost the variation in the situation to occur. That one doesn´t have to find out for free and that it is up to one to find out and then decide whether to support in order to access or not.

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
Only 2 things.
1. In F95 is not going to add an entry with what is new to exit? Because if it is the case, then it will be somewhat difficult to follow the thread of things without the easy to follow the page.

2. From what I see, with the launcher, I see that they seek to prevent the most recent future versions from spreading so quickly, so that the patreon has some strength, but the question here comes ... So that implies that there will be exclusive content of patreon or will it only be a difference as to what content one and the other get to access? Type: Public content is the content of patreon from last month and patreon has content of the month.

Because that being the case it would not be bad, but if it were the other ... I understand that they have to give reasons to the patreon, but that the content in general is divided in such a way, I personally find it somewhat heavy and not in good sense. Because of course, patreon pays for the project to continue and the general public just watches, but in both cases they are both fans of the same thing, so drawing such a firm line between each other is what seems to me somewhat unnecessary .

In case of creating a line, I think it would be better if the extra content of patreon were treated as DLC that they download and enjoy, but the base game is base for everyone. In a simpler and more direct term: that if there are scenes that I am missing, I will not get a sign saying that because I am not a patreon I miss it or that because I am not a patreon I lost the variation in the situation to occur. That one doesn´t have to find out for free and that it is up to one to find out and then decide whether to support in order to access or not.
It's Patreon content as in you get armor or accessories that only Patrons get and stuff like that. To my knowledge Patrons will not get the latest build a whole month in advance of the public release. Maybe Bloodbounds will get like a week advance at most, but I don't think they'll be delaying or holding anything back just to inflate Patron numbers.

Anyone else only have the first sex scene load? The rest don't even load its just the text?
Only sex scenes 1 & 4 are in the demo currently. They're still working on 2 & 3 which will be added to the demo via an update. The writing for them is done though which is what you're seeing.

I dont agree with all contents of chopolander, but in some i see valid points.

On another note, i dont think you should go around and talk about harassement because of posts in here, and if any sort of crtics on the internet can bring this project to fall then i guess your skin isnt thick enough for people on the internet or you should remain in your bubble. But at least better than a monetary reason i guess.

I hope in the "polished" Tech Demo we can see these capabilitys and talent your talking about, because for now i see it as a downgrade overall. That reason may be too many WIPs, the shorteness (you can argue about that), the downgrade of the world which reminds me of an old console game in early 3d, the questionable control reaction and the animation with Snakeman (i truly hope that one isnt finished too).

In short, i dont see this as a better version or attempt of it, especially considering the time it consumed to get to this point, but you may prove me wrong in future updates.
I do agree to a point that the old style was in a way higher quality. With straight artwork, no physical geometry, you can make everything as pretty as you'd like within the limitations of your artist. You could also play it on a potato. But I do see the merit in trying for a 3D environment with 2.5D 8-direction characters. Now according to Vlad on the Discord, they've already taken in the feedback on the environment, and they agreed they need to scale it back for most areas. Not entirely left to right like the old game, it will still be 3D with movement in all directions, but it won't be this massive landscape either. Areas like that will be reserved for like deserts and such. Vlad can correct me on that though if I didn't get it quite right.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Now I want to preface this saying that I don't want to just outright tell them the decisions they made were wrong. As a casual consumer of the product this is not my place to say and what I give here is my personal opinion and nothing else. (Nor am I here to judge the quantitiy of their work, at least not for now considering this is an early demo).

With that out of the way.
I really prefered the 2D a lot. The background environments were BEAUTIFULLY drawn, they were gorgeous before. The kind of 2.5D point and click style worked. And tbh I was under the impression the new project, while wanting to include more 3D elements and jump and run stuff, would have the same background artwork and 2.5D-ish environments.

To visualize it I was imagining something like Super Mario Bros on the Super Nintendo in artstyle and side-scrolling character, with some added 2.5D elements and not something like Super Mario 64 or Paper Mario.

Now on the idea of having the 3D environments only for deserts and such.... sounds plausible, wouldn't be terrible. But ultimately, just to keep some kind of artstyle consistency in the game I feel they need to decide for one or the other. Fully 3D, which means 3D grass, 3D stalls, 3D castles, etc. Or fully 2.5D, which means multi-layered 2D environments. I get the 3D is easier to whip up. But I feel - even if 3D can be done beautifully - it is not only VERY HARD to get to that level of graphical fidelity, it also clashes with the mostly 2D models of the characters. If you go for this kind of environment you absolutely need 3D character models. And then the game becomes a completely different one. So yeah, some decisions need to be done there.

Last edited:

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I agree. The 2D environments were brimming with fantastic, colourful art, and, as I've always said, the shading of the characters was perfectly adjusted to give it a depth effect.

In this version we have 3D environments of 32-bit or 64-bit console look with "paper" characters on the screen.

I think the team has made a complete mistake with this, they wanted to show off technology in a game that doesn't need it. Lok Rebirth might have flaws, but the art and presentation was what made it shine... Add to LOK RPG elements, character editor, more NPCs, puzzles... whatever you want, but not like this.

If you want to create a 3D game, you can perfectly apply it in a side-scroll without having to completely change the essence of the game. Something like , for example, would be a good example of what would have been a true "evolution" of LOK.

Last edited:

NeverKnow

Dec 21, 2017
Well, i liked the previous game, i liked the art style, the shading was hell good.
I've been defending the developers of the remake, and downloaded the game with a decision not to listen to all the critics, who said that 0.0.0 was a garbage.
But... i don't know. Something is way wrong, the 3d integration is currently awful, hella lot of bugs, and i'm not telling about the stuff like "i jumped in corner 100 times and game crashed". Every area currently looks bugged, with wierd transitions. Even the very begginging, the map, was shacking to me like if it was an earthquake.
Okay, most of the people came here for 18+ content, and with that i have a question too - what the hell is wrong with Krystal's mouth in blowjob scene (think this is the only one available for this moment)? It looks like if she was a muppet. Every single animation and drawing right now looks wierd, and, as was mentioned before by other users, "paper'ish". Currently the 3D+2D sprites look awful. The only one that looks kinda good is Krystal walking, has some 3d shading in it.
So, i mentioned before i'm going to donate as soon as i see the game. Right now it's hard even to see potential, not even the half of the previous game quality (and i'm not talking about the 0.0.0, i speak about the future of the remake as i see it)
I'm gonna abandon this topic in a week or so, and will probably return after a couple of months, and if i wont see real progress and confirmation of MightyAITroll's "this game will be better than the original, the team is the same, and we have AAA programmer", than this will mean that Abelius was right and the previous game was 80% of his work, and you're capable of only this 20% percent part, so the new game will only be 20% as good as LOK:R.

Goodbye, and again - I REALLY hope that i'm wrong, and will donate to you and say "i'm sorry for disbilief" as an apologize after the next 3 months.

Last edited:

danny345

Mar 3, 2018
I just tried the tech demo but uh... Idk I miss how it used to look....the sex scene was okay but i really really miss how Krystal used to look from the previous game, Just my opinion... Well let's see how it turns out

Honestly I expected more even though it's a tech demo.. and another fact It took this long to get this done?
Just asking

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
I don't know why people expected more from a tech demo, this is about what I expected.

All of the 3d assets look like ass but I'm assuming they're just placeholders and stuff. I can sorta see how a game would work in a more open exploration style and if it actually was finished in that state it could be pretty cool!

I'd second alot of the people though in that I'm not sure a 3d experience is really much better than a more polished 2d one. I think both would work perfectly well to deliver the sort of experience the dev's seem interested in exploring, and a 2d one would be far less work. But I'm looking forward to see how progress proceeds from here. That's going to be the real litmus test I think.

Reactions: MightyAltroll
May 29, 2018
This is like GOT S8 all over again lol

The fans waited a long time (They had initially said they would release this December 2019, so 7 months behind schedule). We finally get it, but it's just not right. Yeah, I was impressed with the launcher, it's cool and the map looks pretty huge with lots of new places, so there's a lot of potential there and you can tell the devs put a lot of thought into it. But the game just doesn't feel right. The sex scenes were not hot at all. The first HJ/BJ/Tit flashing etc in the old version were ALL hot and continued to get hotter. Krystal looked like a fucking babe and the Lizards looked pretty gangster while fucking/taking advantage of this exotic creature. In the tech demo though, the Snake looked like it had just ran a 400 or something panting like that. It actually reminded me of the funny video of the turtles having sex. I hope you guys didn't use that for inspiration :oops:. Appius' cocks (why would I ever in my life need to know snakes have 2 dicks?) looked pretty gross and like dog dicks too, and Krystal looked like the new hunchback of notre dame without an ass in that bj scene. Although it was hot when she sat back.

The game just feels creepy in a way? I feel weird playing it. I think they took the furry thing a bit too far. Although Krystal is a furry, she was never really viewed as such in the previous versions and even in most of the Legend Of Krystal games. She seemed very human and the lizards also seemed very human. Now it actually feels like a fox having sex with a snake and to me that's just a step too far in a direction I'm not willing to go down lol.

I get that this is a tech demo, and not the final product, and I get that there's a lot of work yet to come. Lots of cool concepts haven't been implemented yet like the lust component with the %'s which sounds great. But the game just doesn't feel as good as the old one. Maybe it's the dialogue, or the overall mechanics, but it just feels off? I can't really explain it.

I'm probably wrong when I say this because I haven't been on their discord much, and haven't been a patron for at least a year but I would think most people play a sex game for the sex. The other stuff you can add is cool, sure, but I'm not trying to remember what 30 different berries and potions will do to Krystal, or work on building up her agility and physique to avoid losing a fight to not get fucked. I'm TRYNA get her fucked, that's the whole point. The RPG stats work in a game like Corruption Of Champions, where there aren't any visuals and the point is to RPG your own path. But I just feel like it will get annoying in this unless there's a cheat/god/hack mode to allow you to choose how to play. I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time. I don't have hours to spend on upgrading her stats (not talking about lust/submission stats, but intelligence etc)

I don't know. I don't want to bash the devs, but I just feel like they are attempting something that just isn't what most people wanted. It's like going to a diner and ordering a ham and swiss sandwich, but your waiter brings you a steak, sunny side up eggs, salad, a margarita, and fries. The problem is, the steak is well done, eggs are stale, salad has too much dressing, margarita isn't mixed right and fries are too salty. Don't get me wrong, most people would prefer to have the 2nd order over the sandwich, but if the execution isn't done right then that meal just isn't enjoyable even though it's "more". Sometimes you just want a sandiwich ya know?

I'll be back in a few months, I'll wait until there is version 0.3 and see how the game has turned out. If it's improved I'll be happy to donate again, and continue to play your work.

Good luck Tribe team.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes