3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

imilluc

Jan 30, 2019
I was really on edge about supporting this game once more.. this demo steered me away from it.
for this preview demo, it just like a completely different game, albeit that's probably what the devs are going for.
While it, in my opinion it wasn't worth the looong wait, I'll give the next few versions a shot, but with my expectations even lower. Depending on how long each update takes, how much content it brings, and the mechanics it introduces, it might turn down a lot of people.
I know criticizing the game here doesn't get taken seriously, but the discord server is just a positivity circlejerk that I don't even know which channel to say this stuff in without fear of getting bombarded.
This isn't the game we downloaded for the first time. It's not what we asked for, and what some of us supported. It's a completely different one. And that's okay. It could be a different game that we also like. Just not the same one, and that's a shame.
I hope the next few updates really do impress. I know I'm just one less patreon who stopped supporting months ago, but don't forget that a lot of us just lurk and don't really comment despite supporting the game.

wurstbonbon

Feb 15, 2020
so i have a quck question, why did they do the remake? i Played lok and loved it in the past and i discoverd rebirth around version 0.8 and i loved the game the second i played it The style, the game, the potential. thats why i decided to check in again and saw the Tech Demo and im not gonna lie i was kinda dissapointed why are they trying to make this 3dish kinda game? I was super exited when i heard that they add like fighting system, inventory and so on.But now the old lok flair is kinda lost.I thought all this time that they where just adding more stuff like more events,better scenes or like point and klic elements and stuff. Just what the Hell did i miss?
sorry for my bad english and i actually dont know if im right in this thread its the first time i actually wrote something here ...

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Abelius, who's in charge of the art in your new game? I think the proportions of the character are very similar to the ones Krystal had before the remake. I like it.

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
so i have a quck question, why did they do the remake? i Played lok and loved it in the past and i discoverd rebirth around version 0.8 and i loved the game the second i played it The style, the game, the potential. thats why i decided to check in again and saw the Tech Demo and im not gonna lie i was kinda dissapointed why are they trying to make this 3dish kinda game? I was super exited when i heard that they add like fighting system, inventory and so on.But now the old lok flair is kinda lost.I thought all this time that they where just adding more stuff like more events,better scenes or like point and klic elements and stuff. Just what the Hell did i miss?
sorry for my bad english and i actually dont know if im right in this thread its the first time i actually wrote something here ...
First, Welcome!
Well, to put it shortly, the team changed a little with one (significant) person stepping down, and others joined in. The reasons for that, if i recall them right, where personal differences on how to do things (Abelius, the significant person i mentioned, has a post with more details some pages back) After a quick vote (on discord) they started over around August last year, doing it from scratch because it seemed to difficult to work with the existing base (cant say anything about that because im no coder, programmer or otherwise involved in the gaming industry, so everything i say is stupid as i learned) And after a long series of bad things and delays, we are finally here, with the new tech demo, which you allready saw.
To your other question, why 3dish, i can only guess it was an idea to improve. I do share your oppinion that this seems to be more of a downgrade overall, but like most of us were reminded, its a tech demo which should only share some visions of the devs. Who knows, maybe we will be proven wrong. But let me say this, be glad you just stumbled upon this, and not have had the "exciting" journey some of us had.
Feel free to read the last 50 to 60 pages since the annoucement.
And i take your sorry for your english, as i do hope you take mine ^^

Azuregoat21

Jul 8, 2020
Well that was a wild adventure I took tonight. I was browsing Rule 34 and saw Krystal pop up for the first time in a long time, and that brought back memories of the old flash game on newgrounds, so I decided to look up Krystal on F95zone, and found this game. Looked awesome, downloaded it didn't really read the comment beforehand.

Game was grindy and I had to dig for the scenes but it looked great, a really modern siderscroller game in a style i'm use too. So I close the game come back to see what everyone is saying about it, and then I realize I just played the cancelled or I guess old version of the game. That was confusing nothing on the homepage made that clear.

So I go the paetron to investigate and see whats up, and I get the tech demo and public build to see what the new game going forward is going to be. Had to double check to make sure I didn't just launch Morrowind by accident, but the new game was radically different than what I downloaded on f95zone. It was a tech demo so I'll come back in awhile and see progress at a later date.

But as someone who just came in on this tonight, I think it would be a good idea to edit the original post because it's very confusing and deceptive.

wurstbonbon

Feb 15, 2020
First, Welcome!
Well, to put it shortly, the team changed a little with one (significant) person stepping down, and others joined in. The reasons for that, if i recall them right, where personal differences on how to do things (Abelius, the significant person i mentioned, has a post with more details some pages back) After a quick vote (on discord) they started over around August last year, doing it from scratch because it seemed to difficult to work with the existing base (cant say anything about that because im no coder, programmer or otherwise involved in the gaming industry, so everything i say is stupid as i learned) And after a long series of bad things and delays, we are finally here, with the new tech demo, which you allready saw.
To your other question, why 3dish, i can only guess it was an idea to improve. I do share your oppinion that this seems to be more of a downgrade overall, but like most of us were reminded, its a tech demo which should only share some visions of the devs. Who knows, maybe we will be proven wrong. But let me say this, be glad you just stumbled upon this, and not have had the "exciting" journey some of us had.
Thank you for your help that anwsered all my Questions :D
yeah i know that it is just a tech demo and has a lot of room for improval. And i dont mind that they are doing it. I just wished that they would have finished the game as it was ... but thats just my opinion and prefference .
What are you talking about your English and grammar is waaay better than mine ;D

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
First, Welcome!
Well, I suppose I have to wait around and see where this new direction might lead. Could be worth the shot, setting aside the grinding problem I've had before the Tech Demo versions.

Wish you all the best.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Well that was a wild adventure I took tonight. I was browsing Rule 34 and saw Krystal pop up for the first time in a long time, and that brought back memories of the old flash game on newgrounds, so I decided to look up Krystal on F95zone, and found this game. Looked awesome, downloaded it didn't really read the comment beforehand.

Game was grindy and I had to dig for the scenes but it looked great, a really modern siderscroller game in a style i'm use too. So I close the game come back to see what everyone is saying about it, and then I realize I just played the cancelled or I guess old version of the game. That was confusing nothing on the homepage made that clear.

So I go the paetron to investigate and see whats up, and I get the tech demo and public build to see what the new game going forward is going to be. Had to double check to make sure I didn't just launch Morrowind by accident, but the new game was radically different than what I downloaded on f95zone. It was a tech demo so I'll come back in awhile and see progress at a later date.

But as someone who just came in on this tonight, I think it would be a good idea to edit the original post because it's very confusing and deceptive.
The devs have no control over the front page, so we'd have to rely on whoever posted first. There should hopefully be a new thread soon.

irvingmlfa

Jul 20, 2020
So if i understand the version of the LOK rebirth 0.8 its the last one they will launch ??? i mean there will not be version 0.9 and instead of that they are doing like some kind of 3d remake???

sorry im pretty new in this forum! if someone can answerme that will be great

Reactions: MyLittleTrolly

Inex33

Jun 20, 2018
So if i understand the version of the LOK rebirth 0.8 its the last one they will launch ??? i mean there will not be version 0.9 and instead of that they are doing like some kind of 3d remake???

9th post above from sharun explains it

May 31, 2018

Youp, sadly - you got it right.

FireSauner0

Nov 15, 2018
Since the new iteration is basically a new game, it should get a new thread and this one should be tagged abandoned, in my opinion (also to be archived along the old game and discussion).

This isn't a Ship of Theseus situation. The old ship is gone and is being rebuilt in a way that it looks completely different with different materials. Literally the only common thecnical detail is its name.

azzazz

Nov 21, 2017
Since the new iteration is basically a new game, it should get a new thread and this one should be tagged abandoned, in my opinion (also to be archived along the old game and discussion).

This isn't a Ship of Theseus situation. The old ship is gone and is being rebuilt in a way that it looks completely different with different materials. Literally the only common thecnical detail is its name.
I guess it would be an easy way to get rid of negative comments too :p

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes