3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

Phuriousgeorge

Donor
Dec 8, 2018
On specifically the thread being marked abandoned, I am in support of the decision. Whatever the state of current reboot I don't think it's a stretch to say it is a significantly different game than the one linked in the OP even if there are many shared elements. So when that game comes out it should get a new thread. There are many people attached to the abandoned version and I would say many would still complain even if there was a functioning early version of the reboot released because it is so different. I personally also think the abandoned version had a charm and some merits that the new game won't capture due to the change in direction even if it is a great game in its own right and surpasses it's predecessor on overall quality. I would be sad if the new game comes out and this thread is repurposed and the old game erased and forgotten.

I say leave this thread for discussing the old version, and make a new thread when new game is ready, I think it deserves a fresh thread rather than most of it being dedicated to drama and negativity. Maybe even consider making a new thread in the general section for discussing the pre release development, although no harm in discussing here.
Oh boy the comments. I requested it be marked "Abandoned" for specifically these reasons, quoting directly from the Patreon. I also requested a new thread be made with the new version's tech demo. As far as I'm aware, there is no automatic tagging of "Abandoned". Love it or hate it, this version is dead.

TheBatchCode

Oct 23, 2017
Hold the fuck up, these guys released something! To at least show they've been doing something, wasnt much but it was something. Yet it's been almost a year and Milfy City hasn't seen an update, sure he says he's working but he didn't decide to remake the game from scratch (Just start an entirely new one)

Take the abandoned tag off, rule for one, rule for all

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I don't care how much you gonna postpone or delay the game, JUST MAKE IT PERFECT and take your time to do it.
No. Please don't do that. Don't tell them to strive for perfection!
I say leave this thread for discussing the old version, and make a new thread when new game is ready
But in the meantime, let's pollute this thread that's supposed to be for the old game with pages and pages of discussion about the remake and the drama surrounding it. Sounds good to me.
As far as I'm aware, there is no automatic tagging of "Abandoned".
Pretty sure a thread gets marked abandoned after six months of inactivity from the dev. Don't think it's done automatically, though. Would be near impossible to do automatically with the many outlets the dev can release information through.
Then you must have missed what has happened in the last year.
Isn't that exactly what he's referring to?

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
But in the meantime, let's pollute this thread that's supposed to be for the old game with pages and pages of discussion about the remake and the drama surrounding it. Sounds good to me.
That's why I suggested to make a new thread for development like some other games also have, after all there still some new people coming here once in a while and asking for help and such and those comments get lost (although they should probably just use the search). But it was a mild suggestion because who am I to tell people what they are or are not allowed to do here.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
That's why I suggested to make a new thread for development like some other games also have, after all there still some new people coming here once in a while and asking for help and such and those comments get lost (although they should probably just use the search). But it was a mild suggestion because who am I to tell people what they are or are not allowed to do here.
The contamination of the yarn has been due to their bad performance.
I hope that if there's a new thread, isn't to "redeem" their wrong doing.

Last edited:

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
The contamination of the yarn has been due to their bad performance.
I hope that if there's a new thread, isn't to "redeem" their wrong doing.
Not redeem but Dev has also mentioned that they don't control this thread and what goes on here, in the new thread (if the devs themselves decide to make it) they can put all the information and their viewpoint front and center in the OP and others can draw their own conclusion. They could also add all their previews and stuff in the OP so that people can find it easily and discuss it, here the updates are spread across that it will be difficult for someone new to find them. And nothing is stopping others from sharing their thoughts, counterpoints and criticism in that thread. I think it would stop the arguments to go around in circles too much. It wouldn't change much of the discussion (IMO) except the thread will be more on topic I guess. But as I said I don't mind if the discussion continues here, it could be too much work for what it's worth making different threads and such, time is precious.

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
It makes me a bit sad seeing it marked as abandoned, considering it was two years of my life. Literally. :rolleyes:
And it makes me sad to realise that I will never see your version of the game finalised. I loved (and still love what we've got up to 0.8) your take on it and it's such a shame that it will never get any more updates.
Anyway, thank you Abel for the version you managed to produce and good luck with your next game dev journey, wherever it will lead you.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
It makes me a bit sad seeing it marked as abandoned, considering it was two years of my life. Literally. :rolleyes:
No matter how much time you have put into it, it doesn't change the fact that the version we see in the OP is abandoned. So I get you, but I also don't get you.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
What don't you understand? You've been around here when I explained it wasn't my idea to do the remake, lol. :p

It's just the feeling of sadness, that's all. I'm not rationalizing anything here. ;)
I get that you're sad about the game you've worked on being done for, but I guess I don't really see why the thread being marked abandoned triggered that sadness.

In any case, we should probably stop this convo, since it's getting off topic.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes