3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
They were/are rebuilding it from scratch, c. .
There even are a tech demo and some gif/mp4 preview files.
I know there were other games based around Krystal, were they by the same team? Also can someone give me a brief rundown on each?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I know there were other games based around Krystal, were they by the same team? Also can someone give me a brief rundown on each?
LoK:Rebirth and its remake are both by the same devs. Other than that there are many other LoK games out there. Mainly Flash games. But those are not relevant to Rebirth apart from the fact they're based on the same IP.

L337Leon

Jan 5, 2018
So the entire game is abandon? No new game, no old game and fuck the patrons?
They were/are rebuilding it from scratch, c. ,
as I wrote before. They are working hard to achieve even more than there has been before, thus there is no reason to insult them. That will be the greatest LOK game. I already tested a tech demo in July, so just be patient.

Here are some impressions from patreon posts:

May 31, 2018
They were/are rebuilding it from scratch, c. ,
as I wrote before. They are working hard to achieve even more than there has been before, thus there is no reason to insult them. That will be the greatest LOK game. I already tested a tech demo in July, so just be patient.

Here are some impressions from patreon posts:

The testing demo was in 3D, and looks like paper Mario, and now they decide to back to 2D, so technically, their new testing demo is also do not show what their game will be looks like, but still, it is good, that they decide to return to 2D, because their 3D game was doomed to fail, as it was seen that this development team clearly did not cope with the task, and with 2D it's much more chances to create something worthy taking into account the skills of the development team.

So it remains only to wait for the first playable version of their new project, with the hope that it will look no worse than the abandoned version.

D

Deleted member 1670392

Actually, most of the work was done the first year and possibly a quarter. The other nine months before they decided to restart development were less productive because of personal reasons.

In any case, it doesn't make much sense to guesstimate/compare times, because the number of staff and scope of both versions are very different.
Where can I download your game, dude? As soon as I realized you were making a different game, I wasn't as excited as I was for LoK: Rebirth, but I was still excited. The now abandoned LoK was awesome, so I wanna get my hands on this new project. How do I do that?

May 31, 2018
Where can I download your game, dude? As soon as I realized you were making a different game, I wasn't as excited as I was for LoK: Rebirth, but I was still excited. The now abandoned LoK was awesome, so I wanna get my hands on this new project. How do I do that?

The link to Abelius's project (on subscribestar) is in the postscript to his profile and is visible in each of his messages :)

But thats just an hentai game, sadly, but if the company fails on it, maybe Abelius will decide to create his own game in the Krystal universe, so lets hope this hentai game will fail :D

D

Deleted member 1670392

can anyone fill me in with the reason why the devs abandoned this one and decided to go for a new project?
From my understanding, the main artist / dev was an inexperienced programmer and wrote himself into a corner. The game was a mess of code, and it would all have to be redone from scratch. So Abelius (the main guy?) left the project to do his own thing while he passed it on to some other guys. This is his new game's discord (it isn't out yet, it's in development):

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
can anyone fill me in with the reason why the devs abandoned this one and decided to go for a new project?
That question should really be in the FAQ. It is asked all the time.
Well, one rumor is because of bad programming/the game would have reached it's physical limits because of faulty/armature code. then it was said this is not true, or something. I'm not really sure and I keep mixing up rumors for fact, so I have false memories. There are some thing's they do not want to talk about, but really, this should be in the FAQ.

TakosMilGrau

Sep 25, 2018
Belive you me, i tried, I hesitated to go further than page one, and said screw it.
It's what most people do. And is the reason why this thread has been the same thing over and over for more than a year now.
Abelius and Kuja have already debunked the theory that Abelius' code was bad several times in this thread, among other explanations why the project changed directions. I think your idea of having a FAQ on the OP is not a bad idea, tbh.

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
From my understanding, the main artist / dev was an inexperienced programmer and wrote himself into a corner. The game was a mess of code, and it would all have to be redone from scratch. So Abelius (the main guy?) left the project to do his own thing while he passed it on to some other guys. This is his new game's discord (it isn't out yet, it's in development):
I think they took the whole "You can't have a poorly coded game if you don't have a game." thing a bit too seriously.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes