3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

Pikant

Lead Spine animator for LOK Rebirth
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Thanks for paying respect lol. Anyway we keep posting updates there!

Raven Hex

Aug 11, 2018
It doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen a lot of these LoK(remakes/reworks) abandoned projects in the last 10+ years... & also Mario & Metroid... I agree, such games are actually cursed :devilish:

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Oh if you're referring to the tech demo, yeeeeeah we definitely are gonna improve from that, it isn't complete so I can easily agree it sucks haha.

The new 2D background though! they're awesome! And I'm working hard to bring you pretty animations.
Here we were doing tests, but I hope it works as a sneak peek of the new look:

We try to also bring updates to our patreons weekly, and any help we can get is welcome.

So yeah, I hope we'll be able to change your minds :D The team and I are working really hard, so there's that!

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
LoK is a cursed h game franchise. I would sacrifice a thousand babies to Moloch if it meant the original Rebirth was finished. This new one does not make my pee-pee hard :cautious:
I think you mean "Kursed" like from Krystal's changed name in-in the Nintendo DS game.
Anyway, I don't think you know how many games go abandoned each year. I sure don't, but I think it's only statistical that games should fail, especially when there are a bunch made by amatures over the years practicing their trade.

I don't think it's cursed, I think it's a matter of situations. Tons of games go abandoned, we just know of LoK because of it's popularity, so we place it on a pedestal. And because it's on a pedestal, we want to take it down. It's pretty poetic.

• Haha
Reactions: vjc21 and Pikant

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Tons of games go abandoned, we just know of LoK because of it's popularity, so we place it on a pedestal. And because it's on a pedestal, we want to take it down. It's pretty poetic.
Now THIS is actual poetry XD I kinda want to print this quote and hang it on a wall for when motivation goes down.
It's actually pretty motivating to keep making the game! :D

Reactions: vjc21
D

Deleted member 1670392

Oh if you're referring to the tech demo, yeeeeeah we definitely are gonna improve from that, it isn't complete so I can easily agree it sucks haha.

The new 2D background though! they're awesome! And I'm working hard to bring you pretty animations.
Here we were doing tests, but I hope it works as a sneak peek of the new look:

We try to also bring updates to our patreons weekly, and any help we can get is welcome.

So yeah, I hope we'll be able to change your minds :D The team and I are working really hard, so there's that!
I have to say, these are looking a lot better than the tech demo. I hope you and your team are able to make me eat my words. I'm only harsh because I love the LoK stuff. Wishing you guys best of luck with your work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Pikant

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Wow, I actually predicted that a vaccine for COVID would be out before 0.1 of this game and I was right.
Depends on where you live! Where I live the vaccine will definitely arrive after we release ;P
A reminder to please be nice, making things takes time, we're a small team and we're giving it all.

I'm kinda sad that it was abandoned, I hope the Other LoK will live up in it's place
Well, we're definitely working to bring you the best version of this game. Our objective is to take all the steps to get the old content back in but in a revamped version. I hope we'll live up to expectations.

Thank you for the support >.<

Pikant

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Dude, I really hope the vaccine arrives before the game, because a vaccine is far more important than a silly game.

Also thanks for keeping the spirits up, cause sometimes some encouragement really helps.
Again, we keep posting updates and showing where we're at. I really can't wait to get you something playable cause I'm frustrated with this situation myself.

Just know we haven't abandoned the ship, but we're working harder than ever, and being as transparent as possible in the process.
Thank you for your feedback nonetheless, as I understand what caused the frustration some people rightfully feel, I'll definitely do everything in my power to avoid this cycle repeats.

Here's to hope 2020 finishes as quickly as possible cause I honestly had enough of it XD
Man I really can't wait to get the vaccine

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes