Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Monday post up!

Website public post:

SubscribeStar post with gallery:

SubscribeStar public post:

Patreon post with gallery:

Patreon public post:

The question is answered in the very long post, completed with the what and whys, long story short, release is veeeery close, some art is still missing, it will be a very minimal sandbox version because you have no idea of how long it takes to make full fledged character that move and jump and do their stuff in all directions, and new NSFW animations will be the object of the release after this one since this was focused on making the characters to fuck first.

Shinra33459

Jul 13, 2019
Part of me is tempted to fish out my wallet and throw some Patreon money at this, but I've seen two projects get shitcanned and rebooted twice now. If it were guaranteed that this project would get completed, I'd be less reluctant. It cannot be understated, however, that this game's history has all the stability of Crispin Glover in a moonbounce.

May 31, 2018
Part of me is tempted to fish out my wallet and throw some Patreon money at this, but I've seen two projects get shitcanned and rebooted twice now. If it were guaranteed that this project would get completed, I'd be less reluctant. It cannot be understated, however, that this game's history has all the stability of Crispin Glover in a moonbounce.

Oddly enough, those games are usually completed, the authors of which themselves wish to complete the work on them no matter what. Finance and donation should be just a bonus, the main goal of the creators who will actually finish creating the game should be creating the game.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

Pikant

Lead Spine animator for LOK Rebirth
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
:krysdwich:
Monday post up!
:krysdwich:

Website public post:

SubscribeStar post with gallery:

SubscribeStar public post:

Patreon post with gallery:

Patreon public post:

TL;DR
So. Close. We're gonna release what we have this week. Then die for a couple of weeks (at least me, am fracking tired). Then resurrect as a chili zombie, then repeat the cycle.
Remember we're releasing a sandbox. Thank you for the attention and peace.

To join the convo above, I personally can't work for free cause I have a mortgage to pay, but I live and love for things well done.
If you support this game, thanks from the bottom of my heart for allowing us to work on this amazing art. Honestly working on this project has been the best thing of my 2020 which overall sucked, but this one gave me opportunities to become better at animating, rigging interesting things, working with a wonderful team, so, really, thank you for making it possible.

Regarding typos, hey, we all make mistakes! :D thanks for pointing them out.

My thesis professor always repeated: "Finished is better than perfect".
This upcoming release ain't gonna be perfect, ain't even gonna be very finished, but it's a start of something that is finally taking a nice shape! I think so many projects fail for the perfectionism problem, and the huge scope.
Personally, I'm gonna try my best to keep delivering something smaller, but that works and that we can still be proud of! And we'll keep doing our bests to improve on that.

So, sandbox, yeah. Hurts to compromise and not be able to pour all the hours I wish in it, but hey, we did so much, I hope you'll still like where this is going. Peace!

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
My thesis professor always repeated: "Finished is better than perfect".
Homer Simpsons said, there are 3 ways do to something. The right, the wrong, and the Max Power Way. The last one is wrong, but its faster!

Jokes aside, im eager to see the new direction of the remake from the remake to the remake (? sounded right in my language). Sad there will not be new sexy stuff but well. Will the gallery that you mentioned for the 3d version scenes later play back all scenes, or is it just a bonus for this first release?

Pikant

Lead Spine animator for LOK Rebirth
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Will the gallery that you mentioned for the 3d version scenes later play back all scenes, or is it just a bonus for this first release?
From what I know, the memories section within the regular game unlocks a scene when you unlock it game by playing it, and gallery unlocks should be available for high tier patrons. Whether these 4 scenes specifically will be available in future releases, the plan would be to integrate them in the game. (I'm just the animator Q.Q I'm not 100% sure about how these decisions are gonna be implemented as I'm not the one writing code)

(Homer is a national treasure XD)

Also here's my list of missing stuff:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We've also considered to have her still go around in the talzora priestess outfit if the suit making takes too long, since it is the only major blocking thing at this point. but it would be much cooler to have her in pilot suit as she should be...

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I have to agree. A plot at least somewhat similar to the original LOK, instead of just a quest, sounds like a more interesting idea.
did the original even have a plot? it was basically get lizards launched at your ship and get captured as a slave.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes