3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

Rexie09

Feb 2, 2018
bruh, it's been like 17 months since then
They have updates in their discord and the last release was was 11/3/2020. F95 just hasn't updated this thread since 2019-07-08 . You can also go to their website for the latest build

Reactions: Pikant

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Thats because there is a different thread for that game, since they scrapped the assets from this one and started fresh.

So, at least as far as I'm concerned, the project wasn't really abandoned at all but just swapped threads. Which I guess is good news if you're somebody reading this who didn't realize there was a new thread/project underway.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I'm uncertain of the amount of projects that get's scrapped, and refreshed. A lot of the features that were intended can now be made, so the new is at least in spirit of this abandoned one.
I don't think It's quite abandoned, since many things go through many variations, yet keep their class, house, and sometimes name.
bearing fruit is an inevitable chore if you wish to eat. The seeds of this fruit was harvested, and while still being nurtured, shows the next generation to be stronger and juicier. now, Tastes are often differ, but i don't know if some of the tools, such as the quest editor or others they customed made, would be available to the team if they had continued support for 0.8

Reactions: dragonsix6969

Gierka

Dec 2, 2017
So the remake got a remake, before the previous remake was anyhow finished? What.
Also what the hell are those hilarious running animations? The guy's ankles end up bending the other way, god.

I swear, every time I check this project it gets even funnier.

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
I quite like the art, the characters and the world. However I think the approach is very much over ambitious. Which might be why this version failed and looking at the tech demo of the new remake it looks equally let's call it iffy.

Imho they should start with a basic version (renpy seems easiest/most popular even though it's a bore/pain to code in), take their art and remake a mixture of the old games ( A bit of combat (dice rolls/round based) a bit of grind/puzzles but mostly dialogue and story. If the game/development team has gained enough momentum/following (which is very much dependent on amount of content and regular updates) they could go in a more ambitious direction. But hey what do I know, if they pull this off, kudos.

Reactions: D4n0w4r

Rexie09

Feb 2, 2018
I quite like the art, the characters and the world. However I think the approach is very much over ambitious. Which might be why this version failed and looking at the tech demo of the new remake it looks equally let's call it iffy.

Imho they should start with a basic version (renpy seems easiest/most popular even though it's a bore/pain to code in), take their art and remake a mixture of the old games ( A bit of combat (dice rolls/round based) a bit of grind/puzzles but mostly dialogue and story. If the game/development team has gained enough momentum/following (which is very much dependent on amount of content and regular updates) they could go in a more ambitious direction. But hey what do I know, if they pull this off, kudos.
They decided to scrap the tech demo and go back to the original way they had made the game but with new assets and animation and stuff if i read the discord correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: Gierka

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Does this game really need the Abandoned tag? I get the impression there were recent updates for this one.

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
How accurate...is that?
Well, a remake(?) of the original play shapes lok, to a remake of what they had done prior to v0.8.
More like...a remake of a remake.
Give them time. They might hit a new record at this rate.

Pikant

Lead Spine animator for LOK Rebirth
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Does this game really need the Abandoned tag? I get the impression there were recent updates for this one.
Yeah we keep working on it, in a different thread cause this version was abandoned. There are good reasons for it, which you can read back, and a new thread with the 3D version was uploaded by someone.

Now we're like 2 weeks aways from a new release, we have almost completed the basic structure, and although this new version we'll release is the same as 3D minus the 3D, replaced by beautiful 2D environments handpainted by Kuja, I think I'll make a new thread so that I can finally update all the info properly myself.

The new version that is about to be released will be more similar to 0.8 in terms of story and setting, with brand new art, skeleton, animations for the characters too, new code, so everything should be more solid.
The 4 sex scenes from the previous demo will be available in the memories section, while this version focuses on the grounds required to have a game. The next version we release will feature new sex scenes.

Also, you can call it a remare of a remake of a remake, but in the end it's the evolution of a product in a more polished state. It's the same thing, but refined.
Oh and thank you for being kind :)

Now fingers crossed, I'm already sad we'll have to use many generic lizards as placeholders for now, but that's the budget we have and we cannot hire another artist for now sadly. At least every new release will get more character art, and sex scenes, so, well. We'll try our best with the means we have.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I remember when the project started out with flash.
To think people are still carrying the torch from nearly a decade ago.
That's dedication.

Gierka

Dec 2, 2017
How accurate...is that?
Well, a remake(?) of the original play shapes lok, to a remake of what they had done prior to v0.8.
More like...a remake of a remake.
Add a step. They made a tech demo only to scrap it and go back to the development process of the previous remake. So it's at least three remakes.

Pikant

Lead Spine animator for LOK Rebirth
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
:what2:
Monday post up
:what2:

Website public post:

SubscribeStar post with gallery:

SubscribeStar public post:

Patreon post with gallery:

Patreon public post:

dd a step. They made a tech demo only to scrap it and go back to the development process of the previous remake. So it's at least three remakes.
I think you may be confused abuout what defines a remake XD
Not that it matters in any case. The development is linear except for the scrapping of v0.8. There was an exploration of 3D backgrounds, they didn't work, so backgrounds became 2D, it's not like we threw in the fire everything else in the fire tho lol.
Anyway cheers mate, have a great day. We'll be super busy this week for the upcoming new release.

Sep 20, 2019
Dude, I really hope the vaccine arrives before the game, because a vaccine is far more important than a silly game.

Also thanks for keeping the spirits up, cause sometimes some encouragement really helps.
Again, we keep posting updates and showing where we're at. I really can't wait to get you something playable cause I'm frustrated with this situation myself.

Just know we haven't abandoned the ship, but we're working harder than ever, and being as transparent as possible in the process.
Thank you for your feedback nonetheless, as I understand what caused the frustration some people rightfully feel, I'll definitely do everything in my power to avoid this cycle repeats.

Here's to hope 2020 finishes as quickly as possible cause I honestly had enough of it XD
Man I really can't wait to get the vaccine
Same for the Vaccine, the doctors and stuffs making them need to be sure it is as perfect as possible for the effects to get rid of the thing from china or temporarily hold it back for a long time as well as being able to get as many of them in stock as possible, just have to make sure they don't get worn out or stressed when making them.

Reactions: Pikant
3.60 star(s) 32 Votes