CouchPillow

Aug 6, 2016
i don't understand how is that possible ! , most pc games got cracked even AAA/major games
Most larger titles have actual disks or files you can access and go through to try to crack. I believe the issue with most LOP games is that they're hosted online so we can't actually download a physical copy of the game in order to actually crack it. The ones that have been released on steam can be cracked since we can actually get the files and go through them.

Last edited:

dedoooo00

Jul 30, 2017
Most larger titles have actual disks or files you can access and go through to try to crack. I believe the issue with most LOP games is that they're hosted online so we can't actually downloada physical copy of the game in order to actually crack it. The ones that have been released on steam can be cracked since we can actually get the files and go through them.
it make sense , i remember now that they tried to crack diablo 3 and they created server emulator but it didn't work .
ty for explaining .

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
it make sense , i remember now that they tried to crack diablo 3 and they created server emulator but it didn't work .
ty for explaining .
Why would anyone bother trying to crack Diablo 3, considering that Path of Exile is not only ftp, but also way better & was made by the same team that did Diablo 1 & 2, (which in my mind makes it the legitimate successor to diablo 2). Diablo 3 is basically a Diablo themed world of warcraft.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
...no chance to find LOP games in .exe format?
Thanx...
If you actually look a mere 5 posts above yours, you'll see the following. "Most larger titles have actual disks or files you can access and go through to try to crack. I believe the issue with most LOP games is that they're hosted online so we can't actually downloada physical copy of the game in order to actually crack it."

So to answer your question, Sure. You can get a .exe for them. Just hack into the correct LOP web server & from there, get into the file server that the game files are hosted on, find & download the game files, crack, scrub & remove any kind of encryption & paygate / sign in mechanisms, & voila. You have the .exe. Just be aware that you'd have to have some heavy duty coding & pen testing experience & understand that proceeding with this is highly illegal & could leave you vulnerable to significant legal ramifications, (in both the lawsuit as well as the hard prison time types).

Otherwise, no. No .exe.

In order to play the newer games, which are now largely built in Unity, by hosting the game files in house, (meaning only on their own servers), & making access to them exclusive through their websites, they can ensure that the only way their content is restricted to exclusively to those that have created a paid profile with LOP. You'd have better odds of finding someone who's willing to share a user profile to log in with.

Last edited:
Reactions: elbuitre

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Now having said all that, it does give me an idea. I'm not sure if there is any geo locating or IP logging mechanism for LOP or not, but if there isn't, For those whom want to play the newer games but can't or simply don't want to pay the $10 or $20 a month required for it, (or however much it is), maybe one solution is we can "time share" it.

So let me explain how that works. Hypothetically, let's say I & 9 other's here, (10 people total), decided to pool our funds to get an account. 1 of us uses our own credit card to set up the account & pay the fee & the rest donate $1 each, (maybe something like a venmo, cashapp or apple pay type of transfer). Then once the account is created, the one that created it shares the user name & password with the rest of the group. Then all of us would be able to sign in & play the games for $1 a month each.

Now personally are the games worth $10 a month? For me, no not really. But I'd be ok with paying $1 a month, so that might be a workable solution.

& before anyone asks or comments, "But D, How do we know that the cardholder won't just take the money & ghost or give fake account info? How do we know this isn't a scam to grift bajillions of muneyz out of people at $1 a pop?" Well first off, you're not gambling your life savings here. It's a buck. it's chump change. Secondly, this method only works in small groups. (realistically 2 to 10 people sharing an account. Obviously the smaller the number, the better the odds that the account won't get banned). So the most the cardholder could "grift" is $9 measly bucks & if the donors don't get working login credentials right away, they won't be ponying up for a second month. Why would anyone try to grift money that way? it's simply not worth the effort. Busking on the street corner would pay off faster & easier, so obviously the cardholder HAS to deliver.

So, with that all out of the way, this might be a workable way for those of us that want to play these games but don't feel it's worth $10 a month. So if we all basically pool together in groups of 2 to 10 people per group & designate 1 person in each group as the guy to pay & set it up, it might be workable.

aqd

Jul 16, 2017
I thought someone a while back said they're checking IPs and matching with a user or something. Don't know if it's true, and if you're a legit user who just uses a VPN for privacy that would be pretty unfair. Then again, they seem perfectly willing to make their games inconvenient to customers to prevent piracy.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I thought someone a while back said they're checking IPs and matching with a user or something. Don't know if it's true, and if you're a legit user who just uses a VPN for privacy that would be pretty unfair. Then again, they seem perfectly willing to make their games inconvenient to customers to prevent piracy.
Pretty much yeah, which means that all users would have to figure out how to spoof their IP as the same static address, which to be honest, would be more of a pain in the dick than just paying the $10. I'll scrub through the TOS if I can get access to it to see if there's any language about IP matching.

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
I thought about the account sharing stuff too, but seems more trouble then it's worth. Plus isn't it $10 only if you subscribe for half a year? That is the thing that bothers me most about their operation. Splitting it into 2 websites (LOP and S&G) and having outrageous pricing. The "fap-game" landscape changed so much since they started (e.g. patreon/renpy) that their model seems archaic, even though I still really like their games.

About cracking the games: Hacking the website or the old way of cracking them seems unrealistic. Imho there are two options. A: Get them to release more games on steam, either by buying the ones that are there already or leaving comments on the blog/discord. Or B: Rebuild the games in Renpy, now that Anna Exciting Affection officially switched to renpy Osmcuser might have some time on his hands ;) Even before Eleanor 3 was released on Steam there were screengrabs in this forum, so maybe it is possible. However the gamestyle would most likely change to a visual novel, so not the stat grinding of the lop version.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
I thought about the account sharing stuff too, but seems more trouble then it's worth. Plus isn't it $10 only if you subscribe for half a year? That is the thing that bothers me most about their operation. Splitting it into 2 websites (LOP and S&G) and having outrageous pricing. The "fap-game" landscape changed so much since they started (e.g. patreon/renpy) that their model seems archaic, even though I still really like their games.

About cracking the games: Hacking the website or the old way of cracking them seems unrealistic. Imho there are two options. A: Get them to release more games on steam, either by buying the ones that are there already or leaving comments on the blog/discord. Or B: Rebuild the games in Renpy, now that Anna Exciting Affection officially switched to renpy Osmcuser might have some time on his hands ;) Even before Eleanor 3 was released on Steam there were screengrabs in this forum, so maybe it is possible. However the gamestyle would most likely change to a visual novel, so not the stat grinding of the lop version.
Well the whole hacking their webservers was more tongue in cheek sarcasm. I was giving the guy shit because he was litterally asking a question while the answer was staring him in the face on the same page. I mean I get it, if the answer was buried like 3 or 4 pages back, asking is somewhat reasonable as no one wants to dig through a bunch of search results for a thread this big, but when getting the answer you're looking for literally only requires moving your line of sight up by a few inches & reading, that's a new level of dumb & lazy. So I was giving the guy snark.

As for the account sharing, nah it's not that hard. I just looked up the billing options for lopgold, if you just buy 1, 3 or 12 month increments, the options are $19.99 for 1 month, $39.99 for 3 months, $89.99 for one year. but they also have another option that's just $9.99 per month if you just put your credit card on autopay for it. So it's basically a $10 per month discount for just setting it on autopay.

So, theoretically, let's say you & I decided "well shit, I think $5 a month is worth it for access", you could cashapp me $5, I pool it with $5 I have on a throwaway prepaid card I use for online stuff like this, (I have a few of them because I typically will use 1 card specifically for specific things like this), set up the account & give you the login credentials. Once that's all done, all we have to do is log in & enjoy & as long as you remembered to cashapp the $5 per month, we both would get to continue using it. If a 3rd person thought "Hey, I wanna get in on that action", cool. that lowers it to just $3.40 per person. The honor system works pretty securely with this too because if I tried grifting you out of your $5, obviously I'd be stuck with the whole bill after that, so it keeps me accountable & if you tried changing the password & such to hijack the account for yourself, I'd dispute the charges, which would cut off access to the account, so that keeps you accountable. It actually works out pretty well if you think about it.

4.90 star(s) 15 Votes