Mod Lessons in Love Progress and Guide Mod [v0.41.0] [cckerberos]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I understand this:
> When is the mod updated?
> - At Selebus' request, mod updates are only released on the same day as public game updates.

But is "public game update" different than what we see on the f95zone main game thread?
Yes. For better or for worse, f95zone is a piracy site, and games posted here are, for the most part, leaked. This game pretty consistently leaks almost immediately after it is first posted for higher tiers, a couple weeks or so before the dev intended it to be available to the public.

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
I was thinking of downloading the new 26p2, but its large file and your 26p1 mod would be outdated for it.

Would your 0.26.0p1 mod work on 0.25.0p1 game without issues?
If not, did you ever release your mod for v0.25.0p1 and have link to it?

Thanks for your effort and time.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I was thinking of downloading the new 26p2, but its large file and your 26p1 mod would be outdated for it.

Would your 0.26.0p1 mod work on 0.25.0p1 game without issues?
If not, did you ever release your mod for v0.25.0p1 and have link to it?

Thanks for your effort and time.
Using the mod with older versions of the game will cause a bunch of errors, unfortunately.

Here's the 0.25.0p1 version of the mod.

ErisT

Mar 13, 2020
Thank you. The problem wasn't with that event, but that enabled me to track it down (the problem was actually with Ayane's event "Before the Sun Comes Up").

I've uploaded a new version that will hopefully fix the issue.
I believe my hints page broke due to this same issue, so I updated to v3 and while the error doesn't pop up anymore, now my hints page is just empty. Way to trouble shoot this or is my save just borked? I unfortunately did not save for a bit before doing Ayane's invite events, so i'd have to go back quite a bit if so.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I believe my hints page broke due to this same issue, so I updated to v3 and while the error doesn't pop up anymore, now my hints page is just empty. Way to trouble shoot this or is my save just borked? I unfortunately did not save for a bit before doing Ayane's invite events, so i'd have to go back quite a bit if so.
Upload a save and I'll take a look at it. Anywhere after you stopped getting hints would be fine.

Nothing the mod does should ever break a save, so don't worry about that.

ErisT

Mar 13, 2020
I think this should be it.

I went back to an old save and it seemed to not be working there as well anymore, so it may have been a mistake somewhere when I updated the mod. If there's nothing wrong with the save on your end, then I think I'll have to try and completely remove the mod and reinstall it.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I had a similar effect. The list was not empty but way too short.
It fixed itself by rolling back and fore again.
A little later I edited rpy files to tweak some color settings and I've got the same effect again. And again it got fixed by rollback.
No other probs since than.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I think this should be it.

I went back to an old save and it seemed to not be working there as well anymore, so it may have been a mistake somewhere when I updated the mod. If there's nothing wrong with the save on your end, then I think I'll have to try and completely remove the mod and reinstall it.
The save you uploaded seems to be working fine for me, so yeah, it might be worth deleting the existing "progress mod" folder and reinstalling the mod.

I also noticed that you have "Show hints" turned off on the Options screen. That shouldn't make your hint screen blank, but seeing if turning that back on fixes things might also be worth a try.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I had a similar effect. The list was not empty but way too short.
It fixed itself by rolling back and fore again.
A little later I edited rpy files to tweak some color settings and I've got the same effect again. And again it got fixed by rollback.
No other probs since than.
I've noticed that this can happen occasionally, especially after loading a save. In my experience, doing pretty much anything will fix it - rollback, advancing a couple screens, opening and closing the progress window, etc.

ErisT

Mar 13, 2020
The save you uploaded seems to be working fine for me, so yeah, it might be worth deleting the existing "progress mod" folder and reinstalling the mod.

I also noticed that you have "Show hints" turned off on the Options screen. That shouldn't make your hint screen blank, but seeing if turning that back on fixes things might also be worth a try.
I turned the hints off so I could hit the guide/wiki button, but yeah, thanks for taking a look. At least I know it's fixable!

EDIT: lol, I figured it out. When I went to update the mod, I extracted to the folder labeled "game" rather than the base game folder. So I didn't actually replace the original v1. I never claimed to be a clever man.

mats.backmanm

May 4, 2018
I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess that the mod doesn't work with the new game version that just got released, right? Seems like a different kind of mod (than usual) that could work with new versions if it was coded in a certain way. Really nice mod tho!

falco256

May 27, 2019
I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess that the mod doesn't work with the new game version that just got released, right? Seems like a different kind of mod (than usual) that could work with new versions if it was coded in a certain way. Really nice mod tho!
this mod updates along with the public release (we get the pirated version here) so its generally 1 release behind.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
The mod will still work with the new game version, but it won't include hints for any events from newer releases.

I'm not sure what you mean by "if it was coded in a certain way," though. I don't think it would be possible to make a mod like this that would work for all versions.

Shiyaromi

Feb 2, 2022
The mod will still work with the new game version, but it won't include hints for any events from newer releases.

I'm not sure what you mean by "if it was coded in a certain way," though. I don't think it would be possible to make a mod like this that would work for all versions.
I think he/she mean you should make a several list and do a function which search all the event automatically and it have to call another function wich seperates event to its corresponding character or main or happy and stuff. They don't know how hard can an automatication be, plus we talking about a mod so it can be harder when you do automatication for someones project. Idk, I am a c# untiy guy, I can't read/write in python. Maybe it can be done the hint part with dictionary or with a public class.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I think he/she mean you should make a several list and do a function which search all the event automatically and it have to call another function wich seperates event to its corresponding character or main or happy and stuff. They don't know how hard can an automatication be, plus we talking about a mod so it can be harder when you do automatication for someones project. Idk, I am a c# untiy guy, I can't read/write in python. Maybe it can be done the hint part with dictionary or with a public class.
Yeah.

To go into a little more detail about how I work on the mod, I've actually already written a python program that does what is described here: search through the game's files to find event information and generate entries for any new events it finds in the format needed by the mod (it also checks to see if any changes have been made to existing events). I look these over, add them to event_list.rpy if they look okay, and the program then creates all of the files for the mods. When all goes well, it's really fast; I had the 0.26.0p3 version of the mod done less than two minutes after downloading the update patch.

The whole thing is about 95% automated. But it's not 100% and never will be. Most updates have one or two things that I have to do by hand, usually because Selebus has done something that he hasn't done before.

Shiyaromi

Feb 2, 2022
Yeah.

To go into a little more detail about how I work on the mod, I've actually already written a python program that does what is described here: search through the game's files to find event information and generate entries for any new events it finds in the format needed by the mod (it also checks to see if any changes have been made to existing events). I look these over, add them to event_list.rpy if they look okay, and the program then creates all of the files for the mods. When all goes well, it's really fast; I had the 0.26.0p3 version of the mod done less than two minutes after downloading the update patch.

The whole thing is about 95% automated. But it's not 100% and never will be. Most updates have one or two things that I have to do by hand, usually because Selebus has done something that he hasn't done before.
Yeah, thats understandable and very good job!

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes