Mod Lessons in Love Progress and Guide Mod [v0.41.0] [cckerberos]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

1804maya

Dec 23, 2021
Quick question... how many of you have had difficulty using saves made with this mod with unmodded versions of the game?
doesnt work
im running latest version with last versions mod for the same reason trying to load a save from a modded game to an unmodified game breaks it

Reactions: Subject3910

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Oh I use the mod with all of my saves. I didn't know that we can never use our saves with unmodded version of the game :cry: Now I can only hope this mod will always be made. Time to wait for the update on te mod

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Oh I use the mod with all of my saves. I didn't know that we can never use our saves with unmodded version of the game :cry: Now I can only hope this mod will always be made. Time to wait for the update on te mod
Not necessarily. Not everyone has this problem (I can use my saves with the unmodded version of the game, for example). I haven't been able to figure out why some people's saves are in a different format.

In any case, I have no plans to stop making the mod. And even if I do stop, for whatever reason, the saves will still work with the old version of the mod installed.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Not necessarily. Not everyone has this problem (I can use my saves with the unmodded version of the game, for example). I haven't been able to figure out why some people's saves are in a different format.

In any case, I have no plans to stop making the mod. And even if I do stop, for whatever reason, the saves will still work with the old version of the mod installed.
Oh that's good news then! ty for the info and also for the mod

brog77

Apr 4, 2020
While using the mod the options below the text (Rollback, save, skip, etc.) have stopped showing up, any fixes?

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
While using the mod the options below the text (Rollback, save, skip, etc.) have stopped showing up, any fixes?
This is actually a bug in the game unrelated to the mod. You can fix it by opening the console and entering "suppress_overlay = False". If you don't have access to the console, you can also fix it by adding the following to the end of game\autopatch.rpy:

Code:
    $ suppress_overlay = False

• Red Heart
Reactions: brog77

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Quick question... how many of you have had difficulty using saves made with this mod with unmodded versions of the game?
yeah my saves from the newest version of the mod didnt work at all with 27
I am going to try installing the mod for 26 into 27 and see if it works. will edit with results
edit: worked like a charm, you just have to install out of date versions of the mod into the newer games to get it to work
2d edit this is for those a little slow, no the mod for 26 doesn't guide you in 27 but my save file now works

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
When guide 27.0 out
you don't even need a guide for this update, if you are worried about save courruption from older games, just intall 26.0 guide into 27.0 and the game will run but you wont get any directions.
considering we wont know how any of the decisions will play out in the next update yet (i think), just play the point and click adventure that is 27 till you first major choice and save it.
from that point on play a game where you do nothing but pick dorm 1, play one that is nothing but dorm 2, with the knowledge of the outcomes do a third one for a tie. skip button on the second and third one makes it take like ~5 mins each to get through to the end.
you are now primed to wait till next update to know which save file to continue with

budokparok

Sep 20, 2018
you don't even need a guide for this update, if you are worried about save courruption from older games, just intall 26.0 guide into 27.0 and the game will run but you wont get any directions.
considering we wont know how any of the decisions will play out in the next update yet (i think), just play the point and click adventure that is 27 till you first major choice and save it.
from that point on play a game where you do nothing but pick dorm 1, play one that is nothing but dorm 2, with the knowledge of the outcomes do a third one for a tie. skip button on the second and third one makes it take like ~5 mins each to get through to the end.
you are now primed to wait till next update to know which save file to continue with
Thanks

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes