fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I don't recall the specifics but basically Io is giving some of her medication to Miku. That's why Miku was high as fuck in dorm wars 2.
Druuuuuuuuuuuuugs :D

After that last set of scenes i'm wondering if Sekai is way less of an existential threat than we were led to believe, she seemed almost like a passive shade, more a memory of her than a real supernatural presence.
Thanks guys; my memory is dangerously approaching Akira level

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
After that last set of scenes i'm wondering if Sekai is way less of an existential threat than we were led to believe, she seemed almost like a passive shade, more a memory of her than a real supernatural presence.
Sekai is an existential threat, she's just not the only one.

She's still selfish and not afraid to use other people to get what she wants (like using Kaori to kiss Akira), and with homicidal Ami on the prowl, that's likely to get whoever she posesses in that moment killed.

Her commentary about Nodoka was insighful. It tells us that Nozomu didn't make her the way she was, she was always that way, just like Nodoka. And the fact that Akira sees so much of Sekai in her explains why he continues to put up with her shit.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
finally got through nodoka's events
just as disturbing as i thought it might have been
anyone else notice nodoka's pen name is this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
... who else has the initial set S.A.
sekai arakawa
she has also already had manic episodes where its clear sekai is talking to her while awake and asleep
was that nodoka talking to us in the train... or was that sekai?
the fact nodoka figures something out upon hearing his name makes me wonder something too
then sekai shows up in the events

the other thing I hope is not true based on the train and the clear talk about futaba's hair and doing nothing but escaping through fantasy... I wonder if nodoka is not just futaba's imaginary friend... she imagined after reading a bunch of books, including the ones sekai made. verdit is inconclusive

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
My guess goes to Ayane; solely because Maya has been feeling robbed from her unique spot next to Sensei, and she would regain that place in the most horrible way
(plus I am a little curious to see what happened if someone already made it to the roof got murdered by her; will they still keep the squad membership next time?)

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If Maya is right, then Ami will flip the instant something appears to disrupt her "perfect" life.

This puts Touka in the most danger, as the person who gave Akira an apartment that is actively being kept secret from her.

Anyone else who moves into that building is next in line. This would include Chinami, would would be usurping the role of the daughter Ami wants to have with Akira.

I would put Haruka next, as she's EXCEPTIONALLY hostile towards her in a way she hadn't been with the other women in invite-over scenes.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
... who else has the initial set S.A.
sekai arakawa
she has also already had manic episodes where its clear sekai is talking to her while awake and asleep
was that nodoka talking to us in the train... or was that sekai?
the fact nodoka figures something out upon hearing his name makes me wonder something too
then sekai shows up in the events
My first thought on her reaction to the name was "was pre-loop Akira Arakawa published somewhere that we don't know about?"

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Gotta wonder though, since deaths have, as far we know, always resulted in individuals being reset back to life, what would happen if someone is murdered...

My guess goes to Ayane; solely because Maya has been feeling robbed from her unique spot next to Sensei, and she would regain that place in the most horrible way
(plus I am a little curious to see what happened if someone already made it to the roof got murdered by her; will they still keep the squad membership next time?)

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
My first thought on her reaction to the name was "was pre-loop Akira Arakawa published somewhere that we don't know about?"
Yeah, it was his name she seemed to trip over.

I'm all out of reactions for the day so you're all just going to have instinctively know you're blowing my mind and/or revealing the secrets of the universe to my dunce brain.

Maya pretty much confirm that she saw her friends "butchered", so they will come back. Plus Makoto probably counts as killing herself
Right, but i meant more, do they resurrect bluejay style and suddenly Ami is like "wtf?" or does the whole scene reset, and if they do bluejay, do they remember or are they fully 100% reset? Very interested to see what ends up happening.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
Gotta wonder though, since deaths have, as far we know, always resulted in individuals being reset back to life, what would happen if someone is murdered...
It's specifically suicide that seems to cause the resets though right? I don't think we've seen any homicides yet (unless we count Ayane and the janitors). Ayane's chicken seemed to be murdered last time, so I do wonder if that's a hint for something.

Maya pretty much confirm that she saw her friends "butchered", so they will come back. Plus Makoto probably counts as killing herself
I guess this also confirms that being killed by Ami is not the trigger for joining the rooftop squad. Or at least it's not the only one.

Reactions: rianzz

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
I Wish I had the time to reread LiL. As the author said, LiL-theorizing needs a paradigm shift. I would have liked to craft some theories from the ground up. It is simply impossible, however. The game is just way too huge, and I am too busy.

Also, I am positive Nao / 今 is not any of those conventional gods we are familiar with (that means it is not Wires). It is an entity / godlike being not beholden to Nozomu or Wires. Though it may be in cahoots with the
pareidolias (I believe there is more than one of their kind. I might have said something about it here, but I am unsure.) My current interpretation is along these lines:

The Wishing Well:
'A vast collection of universes...where all information created by man is chronicled and protected by those who created him'; i.e. a multiverse of fictional worlds, where each universe is a "human world" (humans, in this case, would not necessarily be the humans we are used to, but any kind mortal being, that is subject to fate, that is, what gods deem fitting) with defining characteristics, these specified by the narrative the gods have woven for that world, according to their whims. Though not all gods agree on how things should be for certain worlds, that is why things glitch and the like, not unlike co-authors on an editing war.

Under this view, the world of Kumon-Mi after the car crash is merely an instance of these malleable universes. I am not sure how exactly the information is being protected, considering these universes are constantly changing. I imagine there is something similar to a log that records the fucky changes the gods (and humans) make. And a reset is returning to a previous version undoing some or all modifications.

'Why do humans collect ants and place them in tiny glass boxes?':
I might be overthinking this, but this might mean humans and gods are both native to the Wishing Well, seeing humans and ants are natives of the same Earth. Likewise, ants can influence humans in a variety of ways. Gods in Kumon-Mi are affected by the actions of humans.

The library:
To me, it seems like it is a sort of nexus. Probably outside all particular instances of a universe, but still inside the Wishing Well. From there, you can access different worlds freely if capable of such. It is not amenable to humans. To stretch the allegory: the library is the brick-and-mortar building where the gods walk around. They go through its corridors and browse its shelves, reading the books (where trifling bookworms, namely: humans, dwell) for their amusement. Bookworms will die if they end up in the open world of the library.

x "I am the cataloger of what you’ve felt and what you’ll feel."
x "I am the one who dissects the impact your “actions” will have on the immediate story — then decides whether or not adjustments should be made and informs the ones concerned."
x "You may call me a guardian angel if you like, but I prefer the name Nao."

This might mean Nao is not necessarily a
god per se. Perhaps a construct of one or several. I am stumped in this aspect.

I believe Nao functions as quality control. If the story gets too shitty, if the plot gets too dull or fucky: undo things. The ones concerned are the pareidolias (they are interested in how Sensei develops and his well-being, to some extent).

An example of Nao the Guardian Angel
acting in the story would be when Sana is aided by the pareidolia in Ad Infinitum. It informed one of them, and they moved to bail Sana out. This is something I thought when I saw this:

View attachment itgoesdeeper20.webp
View attachment mothersmilk8.webp

There is more I would like to write. Regrettably, I am short on time. I did not even play v0.31.0 yet.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
By the way, is there any information about chapter 4? Looks like the end is coming
Considering both Chapters 1 and 2 ended with resets, and each contained 2 resets, the safe assumption (as safe as any assumption is with this game, at least) is that Chapter 3 will end with the next reset -- which is probably not until end of yeaer at the earliest, considering we just had a reset.

And that is also going to be the "THat which you were not meant to have" deadline, so yeah, when Chapter 3 ends, shits hitting a bunch of fans.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes