JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Considering both Chapters 1 and 2 ended with resets, and each contained 2 resets, the safe assumption (as safe as any assumption is with this game, at least) is that Chapter 3 will end with the next reset -- which is probably not until end of yeaer at the earliest, considering we just had a reset.

And that is also going to be the "That which you were not meant to have" deadline, so yeah, when Chapter 3 ends, shits hitting a bunch of fans.
I mean, is it possible that there is no next chapter at all? Escalation has it's limits and things in chapter 3 are escalating really quickly. Many story arcs are close to their endings, especialy first floor.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Based on the outline Selebus has given us, the end of chapter 3 would mark the beginning of the second act/phase.
Thanks, it explains the omens. And second phase sounds like most patterns we used to would be broken

which is probably not until end of yeaer at the earliest, considering we just had a reset.
By the way, it used to be roughtly 4 patches between resets. v0.31.0 was second, so 6th reset would likely be in autumn

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Thanks, it explains the omens. And second phase sounds like most patterns we used to would be broken
We're in the "harem phase" right now, when the next phase starts, it'll be the "dark phase," which is going to feel almost like a genre shift. I'd been expecting it to be a bloody mess, but Maya's warning reinforces that. Third phase is "purity routes," which are single-character endings for all 35 girls, followed by a True Ending (that has been confirmed by the dev to NOT be a harem ending).

By the way, it used to be roughtly 4 patches between resets. v0.31.0 was second, so 6th reset would likely be in autumn
Chapter 3 start to most recent reset spanned from 25p1 to .29, but it also took damned near a whole year to get there because of the various interruptions and breaks. I failed to account for that in my estimation. Assuming no interruptions, if it's five full version numbers again, we'd be looking at September for the start of Chapter 4.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
Any thoughts on Rin's bio-mom? The details we get: weird brain trauma, pregnant too young, mysterious man that disappears; it kind of stands out. But it doesn't really match with any characters we've met so far, and we shouldn't be getting more characters. I am insufficiently intelligent to make a guess here.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Any thoughts on Rin's bio-mom? The details we get: weird brain trauma, pregnant too young, mysterious man that disappears; it kind of stands out. But it doesn't really match with any characters we've met so far, and we shouldn't be getting more characters. I am insufficiently intelligent to make a guess here.
I thought Kaori because I though she was 28, but she is 22 and would be 8 when Rin was born so probably not.

Dec 16, 2021
I need a 0.30 Save, for some reason my saves dissapeared AGAIN after using DRM patch previously, I'm gonna start copying saves, I shouldve started earlier...
I hope someone can come in clutch

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I don't think the mother herself is the important takeaway from that conversation. I think the father was -- with the implication being that it was Nozomu (as it was for Sara).

I honeslty thought first of Yasu, not as Rin's mother, but as the same personality type that's being described. I can't remember if Yasu ever talked about her parents, though.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I don't think the mother herself is the important takeaway from that conversation. I think the father was -- with the implication being that it was Nozomu (as it was for Sara).

I honeslty thought first of Yasu, not as Rin's mother, but as the same personality type that's being described. I can't remember if Yasu ever talked about her parents, though.
The fact that she seemed crazy stood out to me the most, since it seems extraneous to explaining why she couldn't keep Rin and why probably-Nozomu left. Maybe it's establishing a pattern; that Nozomu either sought out crazy/spirit-touched girls, or was causing them to become insane.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The fact that she seemed crazy stood out to me the most, since it seems extraneous to explaining why she couldn't keep Rin and why probably-Nozomu left. Maybe it's establishing a pattern; that Nozomu either sought out crazy/spirit-touched girls, or was causing them to become insane.
Older man seeking out young, emotionally vulnerable women. That's not at all a trait that runs in the Arakawa family.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
sara is the only one that fits the description, but she kept her other kids soooooooo
but if you want to go by eye color none of the older women match
i'd just say we haven't meet them yet

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020

yasu i believe mentioned an orphanage at some point...

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Anyone else feel a little concerned that Ami seemed to already know what would happen in Chapter3?:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also she warned us:

And she also implied:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
feels good to have ami outed as a serial killer.
oh and hey guess what is buried beneath your feet

Last edited:
Reactions: Maldonny

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Just to add on to this, the talk of cults and Sekai pretending to be religious, almost makes me think Nozomu and Sekai were actually running some kind of cult in the past.

A cult for what? Maybe a giant ball of light, or a god that is science incarnate. Maybe even a concerned god.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the cult involved the "Father" Nozomu impregnating his followers. Those children of god later becoming members of the class.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
GAH! So fucking sick of the reaction limit! There seems to be a slow accumulation with a cap instead of a full reset at a specific time as i keep finding myself able to hand out 1 or 2 before it again says i've hit my limit. All these great posts going without my stamps of praise... it's illegal!

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes