KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I've literally taken care of normally developed 13 year olds who have had organs from adult donors. They do try to get organs height / weight matched reasonably close, but there's more wiggle room than you think. Girls tend to reach their adult height by 14-15 anyway (boys a little bit older).
if you say so, my medical knowledge is more textbook based than anything else. some organs have more wiggle room than others... hearts and lungs dont have that much
NIH pub med article:
Organ allocation for heart transplantation currently incorporates only body weight into sizing considerations. This sizing method assumes a direct correlation between body weight and cardiac size. It functions poorly to predict outcomes.
its still how they decide that though

how... big was sekai?
her ghost size seems to change height (to me) maybe she was tiny

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Kaori by the care package info is 1,66 Sekai seens to be about the same size as Ami, which is unknown exactly but I'd say ~1,55.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Kaori by the care package info is 1,66 Sekai seens to be about the same size as Ami, which is unknown exactly but I'd say ~1,55.
ok yeah, she was tiny as hell there are times where her ghost just kinda towers over the other girls... but its a ghost so not important i guess

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
Considering the theory that long Maya represents the height difference between young sensei and Sekai she should be pretty tall. But it is hard to tell without the height information because of the nature of the game. Like it is pretty weird that Futaba is second tallest in class after Tsuneyo, we usually don't see the difference that much and other characters dont react to it like they sometimes do to Tsuneyo

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
I've literally taken care of normally developed 13 year olds who have had organs from adult donors. They do try to get organs height / weight matched reasonably close, but there's more wiggle room than you think. Girls tend to reach their adult height by 14-15 anyway (boys a little bit older).
Just out of curiosity, am I right in thinking that the age of the transplanted organ can become an issue for the recipient meaning that they will need another transplant in the future. For example a 13-14 year old recieving a heart or kidney or the like from say a 45 year old individual. The donated organ already has 45 years on the clock and in my mind would wear out before the rest of the recipients body. It's just a thought that's actually been rattling around in my head for some time. It's probably influenced by my background in mechanical engineering but I do realise that when it comes to medicine and organic systems as opposed to mechanical ones things aren't always black and white.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
If we take this picture and extrapolate the height taking out perspective I'd say Sekai is around Akira's shoulder:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sensei is ~1,80 lenght from head to shoulder is around ~25-30 cm which would put Sekai together with Ami in height around ~1,57.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
If we take this picture and extrapolate the height taking out perspective I'd say Sekai is around Akira's shoulder:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sensei is ~1,80 lenght from head to shoulder is around ~25-30 cm which would put Sekai together with Ami in height around ~1,57.
Hey, that's basically the same shot as the Kaori one posted earlier...

Reactions: worthlesspeon

SadCoomer

Sep 26, 2020
Found a pretty good comparison of Ami and Sekai
screenshot0006.png
(Well, technically it's Nao the god of knowledge or whatever, but still in the body of Ami) Sekai is considerably taller but not by much, since Ami is 157 as I've said (btw you can see the height of all girls inside the game in the character sheet) Sekai should be around 162-163 maybe? Something like barely taller than Ayane. Going back to Kaori, we can't know how tall was she at 14, she is 166 at 22 so even if Sekai was bigger it was not by much (considering she is also very slim)

Reactions: chronox42

josemaloco

Sep 26, 2020
These summaries are a godsend and I look for them every update. I like Sel's game, don't get me wrong, it's one of the few VNs where I actually read the writing and don't fire it up for jerk off material. But if I want to read a good book, I don't appreciate it if the author hides all the new chapters in various places around my house. Just let me read the damn book, Sel.
Yeah I recently started doing this because I keep a good uncle and a bad uncle save and I need to play twice, and it's getting harder each update to remember everything. I figured out someone else might find it useful.

I don't even play the game to find what to do, I look in the scripts to get the flow and conditions and then figure out a playthrough. Extra useful so I don't miss any hidden stuff.

ReallyBadAtNames

Jan 9, 2023
Due to how renpy replays work if you rewatch an event you'll always see the "good" uncle version of it. So unless a good uncle only (missable) event gets added you probably don't need to keep two saves. That said, some events apparently end in the replay before they were actually over, and I don't know if that includes any good uncle stuff. It's how I've been keeping track of the good uncle route though.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
Just out of curiosity, am I right in thinking that the age of the transplanted organ can become an issue for the recipient meaning that they will need another transplant in the future. For example a 13-14 year old recieving a heart or kidney or the like from say a 45 year old individual. The donated organ already has 45 years on the clock and in my mind would wear out before the rest of the recipients body. It's just a thought that's actually been rattling around in my head for some time. It's probably influenced by my background in mechanical engineering but I do realise that when it comes to medicine and organic systems as opposed to mechanical ones things aren't always black and white.
Age of donor is not a huge issue since most transplants don't last much past 15 years or so (some variation based on the organ in question; lungs generally go quicker than kidneys for example). Even with antirejection meds, the immune system does far more damage than simple aging for them. Kids who receive transplants will require revision if they live long enough.

Reactions: Black Raven

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018
Due to how renpy replays work if you rewatch an event you'll always see the "good" uncle version of it. So unless a good uncle only (missable) event gets added you probably don't need to keep two saves. That said, some events apparently end in the replay before they were actually over, and I don't know if that includes any good uncle stuff. It's how I've been keeping track of the good uncle route though.
the only missable good uncle one that you cant see via replay so far is Ami's sauna scene in the beachmas update

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
idk why everyone suddenly decided i said heart transplant all of a sudden? I just said a transplant, and i based that on the massive surgery scar she has (this is from the requests he does each month) View attachment 2673324
i think many of us are assuming the spider tattoo is covering a sternotomy scar which would be heart or lung (and in a young patient heart is more likely). The other scar would suggest kidney transplant.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
i think many of us are assuming the spider tattoo is covering a sternotomy scar which would be heart or lung (and in a young patient heart is more likely). The other scar would suggest kidney transplant.
She has a 2nd tattoo?
Thought it was just the chest of one
And everyone was saying that one was there to cover up the surgery scar
You only got two options really for that location

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
She has a 2nd tattoo?
Thought it was just the chest of one
And everyone was saying that one was there to cover up the surgery scar
You only got two options really for that location
I think she has the one scar and the one tattoo. She said she has a "soft spot" that doctors said shouldn't be touched, if that's referring to a surgical chest scar I doubt she could tattoo a giant spider over it.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes