crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I might have missed this, but is there an in-game lore reason that everyone is associating certain gods with certain seasons? I'm a bit lost on why everyone is calling HOPE winter, etc

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I might have missed this, but is there an in-game lore reason that everyone is associating certain gods with certain seasons? I'm a bit lost on why everyone is calling HOPE winter, etc
HOPE has explicitly stated that he is dormant in the winter, and has given Akira until the end of summer to complete his task.
Paredolia has explicitly stated that a new season is coming that is neither summer nor winter, which would presumably be Autumn.

The association of Winter with the God of Wires is an assumption based on the other two facts.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
On another note, what do people think about Noriko and Maya apparently having a childhood pact that divides the city between them, and one that Maya feels so strongly about she is not visiting the Old half to this day?
I was thoroughly confused during that TBH.

First is this pact was probably made before Sensei disappearing the second time, and it was not something in the pact that led to Sensei disappearing with Maya. Otherwise, it would greatly contradict what Noriko said in Loxosceles Reclusa, the "came out of nowhere" and "I took it upon myself to go out and find you". Plus, Noriko would never agree to any pact IF she knew the outcome of the pact would be like that, but this wasn't something she pointed out during the most recent beach conversation.

Second is that it's been circulating that a part of the reasons Maya not visiting old towns is because it's something existential; like something unexplainable will happen to her if she did go there. But, this would be disapproved if she is just sticking with the pact, a pact made with Noriko who seemingly doesn't have enough "world-shattering" attributes (in comparison to the likes of Ami or Nodoka). So this pact may not carry any god-related weight.

I.e., it's like two goddesses fighting for the same thing while not leaving their own realm due to supernatural reasons. But looking back on the past events, Noriko isn't really this type of character. She is at best a red herring created by Maya's prejudice because so far, Noriko really is a just nice person who can't help falling in love with a dickhead (well unless a weird plot twist comes out of nowhere and shows that she really is THE bad person)

Still, it's apparent that Maya now follows the pact due to different reasons now (the hard reset and everything), but as long as Noriko isn't on the same world-related boat with Maya, bringing up the pact to Noriko really doesn't mean a lot.

So to me, the pact might be more or less just a love rival thing (from Noriko, a stupid promise); it might be something only as serious as the Nakayama Sister Laws. I really want to think that this pact actually means something more to Sensei's past because of this scene, but I don't know how to make sense of it (even this post looks incoherent TBH, someone else help me out pls)

Edit: after revisiting Goodnight, the pact might be related to how Maya and Noriko needed to "tread lightly" without breaking Sensei to an unfixable point by reminding him of the old days, but one person sticking to only one side of the city still isn't making much sense.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Edit: after revisiting Goodnight, the pact might be related to how Maya and Noriko needed to "tread lightly" without breaking Sensei to an unfixable point by reminding him of the old days, but one person sticking to only one side of the city still isn't making much sense.
Theory -- the pact isn't with each other, it was with another entity, and Maya's of the belief that Noriko's school collapsed into a sinkhole specifically because Noriko had violated her terms of the pact, so now Maya is even more resolute about not crossing into the old part of town per the terms of the pact that apply to her.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Yasu often talks about how her god is stronger in the summer and dormant in the winter. HOPE probably talked about it too but I can't remember when.
Also, Tsuneyo said something that heavily implies her dad is the wire god, or strongly related:
screenshot0002.png

Feb 14, 2022
You know, i gotta say, twisted as it would be in reality and definitely not something i'd want to see with real human beings, watching Haruka's induction into statutory raping is intensely enjoyable. It's morbidly fascinating but also intensely engaging to watch. Hearing she desires access to Sana and Makoto is... i don't get why but it sends strong waves of dopamine through my head. I'm probably not explaining it well but we've all had those moments where something new we never knew we were into suddenly dumps tonnes of neurotransmitters through our heads, the excitement and adrenaline jitters can be overwhelming, like a drug it just blows your current self out and leaves you wanting more. I want to watch her fall, i want to watch her fulfil her fantasies, i want to watch her experience the full breadth of her corruption and see how she reacts to it all. I guess i'm a lot like Nodoka in this sense and i can totally get why she reacts to it the way she does, true novelty and authentic experience... damn, never actually thought i'd relate to fucking Nodoka of all people... i must be more fucked in the head than i realise...

Edit: doubt anyone will touch this post :ROFLMAO:
It's too late, I've already grabbed it with both hands

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
LOL judging from tier lists posted it seems like everyone already had their preference gradient figured out;

meanwhile I am sitting here with like 20 girls in S and 10 girls in A without anyone below B, before realizing how either indecisive or not selective I am :LOL:
And then there's me, someone who found it impossible to make that list, at some point I didn't even know which parameters I was taking into consideration, so I came up with an excel, a fucking excel. I thought of different attributes to consider and put a value on each one of them to get a final score. Guess what... I'm not happy with the results. Probably should make a different formula where not every attribute is valued the same, but I get the feeling that that maaaaybe would be overdoing it a little bit.
All I know is that Yumi, Touka and Wakana are best girls.
You know, i gotta say, twisted as it would be in reality and definitely not something i'd want to see with real human beings, watching Haruka's induction into statutory raping is intensely enjoyable. It's morbidly fascinating but also intensely engaging to watch. Hearing she desires access to Sana and Makoto is... i don't get why but it sends strong waves of dopamine through my head. I'm probably not explaining it well but we've all had those moments where something new we never knew we were into suddenly dumps tonnes of neurotransmitters through our heads, the excitement and adrenaline jitters can be overwhelming, like a drug it just blows your current self out and leaves you wanting more. I want to watch her fall, i want to watch her fulfil her fantasies, i want to watch her experience the full breadth of her corruption and see how she reacts to it all. I guess i'm a lot like Nodoka in this sense and i can totally get why she reacts to it the way she does, true novelty and authentic experience... damn, never actually thought i'd relate to fucking Nodoka of all people... i must be more fucked in the head than i realise...

Edit: doubt anyone will touch this post :ROFLMAO:
I totally get you (always speaking in game universe, not real life ofc). This event combines the two things I'm not proud to admit. One is that Sana is the only loli character that does something to me, I want to protect her and corrupt her all at the same time if that makes any sense. And the other is that Nodoka gets to me almost the same way she does to Akira. I... hate her, but if she were to set a trap on me using her allure, I would fall for it, I just know it. Wanting to puke on her sums it up perfectly.

Mori Enjoyer

Apr 7, 2023
Is it confirmed that Ami's parents died in the car crash as being the ones inside one of the car during the accident or being between two car crash collisions?

I ask this, because I see a lot of people in the thread assume/theorize that Sensei or Maya would've had something to do with sabotaging the car etc. etc. and I assumed this as well. Maybe to a certain extent a role was played that hasn't been revealed yet. That or I missed a memo entirely.

Don't know how reliable the monologue can be with the text being crossed out, or trusting Sensei's perspective or wording at times.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That and a bunch of other times cars are seen:

Don't know what disproving/proving matters or how important in the manner of how they died, but after seeing the latest Sekai flashback in patch 0.33.0 it made me want to go back.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
HOPE/Callous god is actually likely strongest in Summer. The Wire god/Calm god is likely strongest in Winter. Pareidolia/Concerned god is likely strongest in Spring.

Yasu has noted/Implied that her god slumbers in Winter and dislikes the cold:
more than once:
We also have "The Lust Eater" Book in 'A Life Of Prizes' that you get if you have chosen Callous, being hot:
and besides the Book mentioning eyes which is a Yasu god/HOPE thing, it also says something that heavily implies it is HOPE:

The god of wires being Winter is more of an educated guess thing as far as I can recall. Tsuneyo has implied to have a preference for Winter, so with that, and how she seems heavily related to this god, on top of Yasu/HOPE seemingly disliking Wires and Winter, it fits. We also have the 'A Life of Prizes' book that you get if you chose Calm, being called the "The Wire God" and it's notably cold:
and it responds like a computer:
So, it's not entirely clear but very likely that The Wire god is a Winter god.

There is also how Pareidolia implied the /// computer talk stuff is out of season in Summer in 'Ad Infinitum':
Which implies the /// computer talk is a Winter thing, and the Wire god is the one who tends to only speak that way. In a roundabout way implying the Wire god's season is Winter.

Now, as for Pareidolia, it has actually just implied that it is it's turn in Springtime:

As to why Seasons matter: Pareidolia has implied that Seasons affect the gods performance before it got one:
That on top of Yasu's god slumbering in Winter, etc, it's more or less confirmed that Seasons are important when it comes to the gods.

Also, just so you know what I'm talking about with the 'A Life of Prizes' Books, these are their names:

Bingus Bongus

Jun 12, 2023
Hoo boy, I've made it to the end of the current content. I almost quit a couple times over how much I despised Sensei, but I'm glad I persisted. Getting to learn how much was hiding beneath the surface of all these characters is really neat, Selly is quite good at character writing (but not game design, alas). Even Akira himself, who I thought was completely irredeemable in chapter 1, is slowly, ever so slowly, becoming less of a trash bin. I'm also a sucker for time loop/peggy sue stories, so the resets really hit the dopamine button.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Hoo boy, I've made it to the end of the current content. I almost quit a couple times over how much I despised Sensei, but I'm glad I persisted.
Welcome... cousin? Bongus, theory dudes table over there, dunce table behind me (dunce-throne belongs to me and i rule it with a flaccid dildo bat), peanut gallery above. Please, enjoy yourself.

(seriously is that guy a cousin of mine or something?)

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Is it confirmed that Ami's parents died in the car crash as being the ones inside one of the car during the accident or being between two car crash collisions?

I ask this, because I see a lot of people in the thread assume/theorize that Sensei or Maya would've had something to do with sabotaging the car etc. etc. and I assumed this as well. Maybe to a certain extent a role was played that hasn't been revealed yet. That or I missed a memo entirely.

Don't know how reliable the monologue can be with the text being crossed out, or trusting Sensei's perspective or wording at times.

That and a bunch of other times cars are seen:

Don't know what disproving/proving matters or how important in the manner of how they died, but after seeing the latest Sekai flashback in patch 0.33.0 it made me want to go back.

It's somewhat still up in the air.

The main things that I've noticed that is likely important when it comes to the accident besides it being when Ami was 7, and it killed her parents is:
  • In 'The mysterious abundance of chickens': Sensei seemingly removed "strips of steel from her body" and "saw it all":
    "Her" is likely Sekai.
  • In 'First contact': Sensei seems to imply he was in a moving car, a moving car crashed into a wall, and it was "Us driving":
    Also seemingly there was a moon out, and Sensei also asks "Why did it have to be him?":
  • In 'The way it scatters' If you're fucking Ami: Ami reveals she watched her parents die:
  • In the Japanese 'Peekaboo' event where Sekai is restored: Sekai's car seems to show up and be Yellow:
    And in 'Baby Finches': It's the Yellow car that seems to crash:
Now, overall, it hasn't really been confirmed what happened.

Still, I am beginning to think Sensei was driving Sekai's car with Sekai and Ami in it, but he crashed into another car that just so happened to be Nozomu's, and they both wrecked. Sekai and Nozomu ended up dead (Nozomu burned to death becoming a ball of light, while Sekai became mangled into looking like a tree with roots of wire), while Ami and Sensei ended up "broken". I can also see Sensei considering his brother as a "Wall", due to him being the thing between Sensei and Sekai (The World).

Of course, I could be way off.

Bingus Bongus

Jun 12, 2023
Welcome... cousin? Bongus, theory dudes table over there, dunce table behind me (dunce-throne belongs to me and i rule it with a flaccid dildo bat), peanut gallery above. Please, enjoy yourself.

I swap around screen handles every few years and it just so happens that this is my current fad. :LOL:

Also, thanks a lot for pointing me toward URM in one of your earlier posts, it's saving me a lot of time exploring branching paths. I also got a bizarre introduction to whatever the fuck Huggy Boy is, but let's not talk about that part.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020

I first thought you had changed usernames, you're a celebrity

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes