fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Random, but I realized on a recent replay that Maya notably defended Sana (and Makoto), when Rin joked about them:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(also that Rin wants to be like Maya which is kind of cute and kind of sad)

It could be nothing, however, considering Maya seems somewhat attached to Sana throughout the game:
I can't help but wonder why exactly.
This feels like an example of Maya being infinitely similar to Sensei: being a buzzkill and being an overprotective friend toward their smol angel Sana; meanwhile Sana just being Sana, struggling with the concept of friends in both cases.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Does anyone have a good take on why this sentence "Then I will continue to praise myself so your disdain for me may grow as if it is a tree" set Sensei off? I am scarcely on the same page with Sensei with the I wonder why?
1695133761356.png
The scene flashes with a tree jpeg from trinity Pt1 if you've seen it prior to triggering Watermelons and Violin, but that's about it. I don't think this is a case where Maya simply cites an old analogy she or Sensei made for describing something, as Maya has always been careful not to do that. So what does tree, or maybe that tree in particular, mean to him?

One can assume tree here is associated with religion stuff, hence Sensei's overall distaste in the matter. However, Sensei didn't have any strong reaction when he saw the actual tree, and I don't remember if Sensei ever made the association between tree and god, or anything from the past in that matter, while displaying clear negative emotions
(I also have doubts on if Sensei at all is able to associate tree with god or not. It feels like a player thing and not his).

Or maybe he just doesn't like anything that starts with T?

I feel like this has a chance of being something more, and not just a comedic running gag that doesn't need to be answered.
For example, Sensei is against the idea of Ayane saying teacher-time as some kind of innuendo. It wasn't until after a second playthrough plus some future revelations that I thought "Ah, it might be him subconsciously rejecting anything that reminds him of Sekai". I think Sensei's sudden anger towards that sentence is like this, but for now I don't know what it is insinuating.
1695138734988.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Does anyone have a good take on why this sentence "Then I will continue to praise myself so your disdain for me may grow as if it is a tree" set Sensei off? I am scarcely on the same page with Sensei with the I wonder why?
View attachment 2941648
The scene flashes with a tree jpeg from trinity Pt1 if you've seen it prior to triggering Watermelons and Violin, but that's about it. I don't think this is a case where Maya simply cites an old analogy she or Sensei made for describing something, as Maya has always been careful not to do that. So what does tree, or maybe that tree in particular, mean to him?

One can assume tree here is associated with religion stuff, hence Sensei's overall distaste in the matter. However, Sensei didn't have any strong reaction when he saw the actual tree, and I don't remember if Sensei ever made the association between tree and god, or anything from the past in that matter, while displaying clear negative emotions
(I also have doubts on if Sensei at all is able to associate tree with god or not. It feels like a player thing and not his).

I feel like this has a chance of being something more, and not just a comedic running gag that doesn't need to be answered.
For example, Sensei is against the idea of Ayane saying teacher-time as some kind of innuendo. It wasn't until after a second playthrough plus some future revelations that I thought "Ah, it might be him subconsciously rejecting anything that reminds him of Sekai". I think Sensei's sudden anger towards that sentence is like this, but for now I don't know what it is insinuating.
View attachment 2941768
Maybe has something to do with the Sakura tree associated with Niki...?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fdsasdf_p

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
View attachment 2941648

View attachment 2941768
I feel like there's a good chance it's a line from some poetry either he, or Sekai, had written. (Wakana mentions how he used to write, but doesn't anymore, right?)

Feb 14, 2022
By the way, have you ever thought that a friend who died a long time ago with the letter T is Time? Was there such a theory?

And about Sakura is it like a favorite Sekai tree?

And it's also in his mother's surname "Sakurazaka"

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I wish there is a reset down the line in which Akira and Ami get home together and are greeted by a voice "Welcome home", they turn the corner and there she is in all her pedophilic, incestual glory: Sekai in an apron, then she asks "Do you want dinner, a bath, or me?".
Too bad there will be no more characters, after these few updates that Sekai showed up I'm really starting to like her and kinda wish she would appear as a character now.

Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
Too bad there will be no more characters, after these few updates that Sekai showed up I'm really starting to like her and kinda wish she would appear as a character now.
I know that the consensus theory on Sekai is that she is a ghost that can move freely since she was released during a happy event or a Reset (I can't remember which) while screaming Akira's name. I believe that she is only a figment/Aspect of Akira's broken mind created from the Psychotic Break he suffered from her death and that only he sees her. Since Akira knows her so well, the Psychosis is capable of recreating Sekai so flawlessly that she seem so alive and engaging to Akira. The more he remembers his past, the more the Sekai side of his addled mind will push through and manifest itself. What's also significant is that each time Sekai appears to Akira, Akira begins to freak out and tries to suppress Her to keep the pain and sorrow away.

Crazy Theory: Each time Akira blacks out, it's the Sekai side of his mind taking over and while in control it is not able to speak, or it can and choses not to speak the majority of the time, is also capable of hypnosis. (The 3some with Makoto & Futaba)

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I know that the consensus theory on Sekai is that she is a ghost that can move freely since she was released during a happy event or a Reset (I can't remember which) while screaming Akira's name. I believe that she is only a figment/Aspect of Akira's broken mind created from the Psychotic Break he suffered from her death and that only he sees her. Since Akira knows her so well, the Psychosis is capable of recreating Sekai so flawlessly that she seem so alive and engaging to Akira. The more he remembers his past, the more the Sekai side of his addled mind will push through and manifest itself. What's also significant is that each time Sekai appears to Akira, Akira begins to freak out and tries to suppress Her to keep the pain and sorrow away.

Crazy Theory: Each time Akira blacks out, it's the Sekai side of his mind taking over and while in control it is not able to speak, or it can and choses not to speak the majority of the time, is also capable of hypnosis. (The 3some with Makoto & Futaba)

Interesting to see Nodoka in what was predicted to be happy event or a reset... either that idea is wrong and it's all just creepy halloween decorations or we might be getting some juicy story development involving her and the thing she has for Sensei and his family.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021

Wait, who's that standing with Ayane in the background of the Imani pic?

• Angry
Reactions: Wardtnaci
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes