DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I know that the consensus theory on Sekai is that she is a ghost that can move freely since she was released during a happy event or a Reset (I can't remember which) while screaming Akira's name. I believe that she is only a figment/Aspect of Akira's broken mind created from the Psychotic Break he suffered from her death and that only he sees her. Since Akira knows her so well, the Psychosis is capable of recreating Sekai so flawlessly that she seem so alive and engaging to Akira. The more he remembers his past, the more the Sekai side of his addled mind will push through and manifest itself. What's also significant is that each time Sekai appears to Akira, Akira begins to freak out and tries to suppress Her to keep the pain and sorrow away.

Crazy Theory: Each time Akira blacks out, it's the Sekai side of his mind taking over and while in control it is not able to speak, or it can and choses not to speak the majority of the time, is also capable of hypnosis. (The 3some with Makoto & Futaba)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If it wasn't for stuff like Sekai apparently having angels puppeteer Makoto and Futaba:
Lifting up a rabbit, and seemingly being heard by Yasu:
and presumably possessing Kaori:
I'd think she'd just be a hallucination, but unless Sensei's hallucinations can affect "reality", it doesn't really add up.

Also, Sekai was restored during a main event, the japanese peekaboo one, during Beachmas. She did seem to appear in the 'Mother's Milk' Happy Event later though:
and again after that, during the 5th reset in presumably Kaori, and after Yumi's presumed murder, during a Red Moon:
Whether or not there's multiple Sekais around though, I'm not sure.

Nevertheless, Sekai is definitely an enigma. To be frank, I'm beginning to even wonder if Sensei's entire physical relationship with her may have just been in his imagination, and he's so deluded that it became reality to him...

Also this:
Is worrying as fuck. We might be about to find out what side Nodoka is really on.. and who might suffer for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Nodoka chose that costume for multiple reasons, in preparation for what's to come.

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
I believe that she is only a figment/Aspect of Akira's broken mind created from the Psychotic Break he suffered from her death and that only he sees her. Since Akira knows her so well, the Psychosis is capable of recreating Sekai so flawlessly that she seem so alive and engaging to Akira. The more he remembers his past, the more the Sekai side of his addled mind will push through and manifest itself. What's also significant is that each time Sekai appears to Akira, Akira begins to freak out and tries to suppress Her to keep the pain and sorrow away.
The fact that Yasu could see her and one of the rabbit dolls during the plant meeting knew she was coming and wanted to run makes me think otherwise.
That and she directly interferes with reality (if that wasn't just HOPE looking like her since the angels were there as well) at the beach when Sensei + Futaba and Makoto get mind controlled and have sex.
Ami also gets unconscious feelings that she's around in events where she appears near Sensei, more specifically when they visit her grave and she comes and talks behind them.

Reactions: crustlord12

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
The fact that Yasu could see her and one of the rabbit dolls during the plant meeting knew she was coming and wanted to run makes me think otherwise.
That and she directly interferes with reality (if that wasn't just HOPE looking like her since the angels were there as well) at the beach when Sensei + Futaba and Makoto get mind controlled and have sex.
Ami also gets unconscious feelings that she's around in events where she appears near Sensei, more specifically when they visit her grave and she comes and talks behind them.
Yasu doesn't seem able to actually see Sekai:
But can presumably hear her:
At least when it comes to "Normal" Yasu.

It might be related to how Yasu can translate "the whispers of the dead" for others:
Yasu seems to "hear dead people", and that's also why she seems to talk about Sana's late brother at times.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Oh God, I ment irl, given the other recent... circumstances
Yeah, no, definitely not. That would threaten his plans for the game. All of what I said would happen is fictional.

Reading this thread makes the game seem really complicated to start.

Im fairly new to this VN thing and i was recommended to play this one. Is there any tips or things i should take into consideration before i start playing it?

Like i said it seems pretty complicated to make the events to start, in right order and with right affection
Don't try to raise less than every girl's stats, in fact, try to raise them all at every opportunity. Also, don't go too overboard with it all at once at least affection wise, some events can be triggered that will cause others to be missed if triggered before others. This is not a game where characters are optional, except possibly the wizards (lolis) later when they have sexual content.

Also, this game is not for people with a dislike of or inability to handle extremely dark content, potentially including death at some point. This is a game in the Denpa genre, dark content is pretty much guaranteed.

Is it close to being over? because I had to punch out last year due to how the story was affecting me
No, we're still years from the end of development not including any bug cleanup updates that inevitably have to happen after the last content update like with every Renpy game.

Reactions: LuisD and o7Meh

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Yeah, no, definitely not. That would threaten his plans for the game. All of what I said would happen is fictional.

Don't try to raise less than every girl's stats, in fact, try to raise them all at every opportunity. Also, don't go too overboard with it all at once at least affection wise, some events can be triggered that will cause others to be missed if triggered before others. This is not a game where characters are optional, except possibly the wizards (lolis) later when they have sexual content.

Also, this game is not for people with a dislike of or inability to handle extremely dark content, potentially including death at some point. This is a game in the Denpa genre, dark content is pretty much guaranteed.

No, we're still years from the end of development not including any bug cleanup updates that inevitably have to happen after the last content update like with every Renpy game.
My strategy for affection is a cycle of 5.So in an alphabetical order raise each girls affection by 5>trigger event>go to the next alphabetical girl rinse and repeat.I havent started playing yet cause im a busy but from my very limited time playing this game it seems like a good enough strategy to get the 100% i need to maximazie my lore knowledge and material for theory crafting

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
My strategy for affection is a cycle of 5.So in an alphabetical order raise each girls affection by 5>trigger event>go to the next alphabetical girl rinse and repeat.I havent started playing yet cause im a busy but from my very limited time playing this game it seems like a good enough strategy to get the 100% i need to maximazie my lore knowledge and material for theory crafting
Similar to mine, I think I mentioned it earlier, but I do a top down cycle for both location menus and girl menus.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So my strat is at the very least viable for a 100%.Good to know
So long as you keep aware of the traps layed around the story you'll be fine with this method, though i do recommend you make saves at every reset, when you get to the roof, they're close/distant enough apart that if you unknowingly fuck something up you can at least recover from there without too much extra work.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
uhhh
So long as you keep aware of the traps layed around the story you'll be fine with this method, though i do recommend you make saves at every reset, when you get to the roof, they're close/distant enough apart that if you unknowingly fuck something up you can at least recover from there without too much extra work.
uhh saves every...reset?

Its prolly a lore thing that ill understand when i start the game ig so ill just save when before smt rlly fucking weird happens

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
uhhh

uhh saves every...reset?

Its prolly a lore thing that ill understand when i start the game ig so ill just save when before smt rlly fucking weird happens
Yep, and i was purposely vague so as to not spoil anything, you'll know what i mean when you get to the roof the first time, it'll 'click' for you what i'm talking about, but for now it just sounds like gibberish. :)

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Yep, and i was purposely vague so as to not spoil anything, you'll know what i mean when you get to the roof the first time, it'll 'click' for you what i'm talking about, but for now it just sounds like gibberish. :)
will do

Jul 23, 2021
Does anyone have a good take on why this sentence "Then I will continue to praise myself so your disdain for me may grow as if it is a tree" set Sensei off? I am scarcely on the same page with Sensei with the I wonder why?
View attachment 2941648
The scene flashes with a tree jpeg from trinity Pt1 if you've seen it prior to triggering Watermelons and Violin, but that's about it. I don't think this is a case where Maya simply cites an old analogy she or Sensei made for describing something, as Maya has always been careful not to do that. So what does tree, or maybe that tree in particular, mean to him?

One can assume tree here is associated with religion stuff, hence Sensei's overall distaste in the matter. However, Sensei didn't have any strong reaction when he saw the actual tree, and I don't remember if Sensei ever made the association between tree and god, or anything from the past in that matter, while displaying clear negative emotions
(I also have doubts on if Sensei at all is able to associate tree with god or not. It feels like a player thing and not his).

Or maybe he just doesn't like anything that starts with T?

I feel like this has a chance of being something more, and not just a comedic running gag that doesn't need to be answered.
For example, Sensei is against the idea of Ayane saying teacher-time as some kind of innuendo. It wasn't until after a second playthrough plus some future revelations that I thought "Ah, it might be him subconsciously rejecting anything that reminds him of Sekai". I think Sensei's sudden anger towards that sentence is like this, but for now I don't know what it is insinuating.
View attachment 2941768

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I took what was happening there was that
Yasu likely just looked at where she heard a voice coming from. Sound doesn't exactly come from nowhere. Not to mention she went "huh" and "who-" instead of "When?" And "Where did you-".

Nothing about it suggests she suddenly saw Sekai, to me, tbh.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
And the recent flashback we had with him and Sekai gives a dark twist to it...
I think even back during the 'Smells of Summer' main event:
Sekai definitely seemed "bossy".

That recent flashback actually showed her being a little more casual with Sensei than her other appearances seemed to suggest she was, which is a little unsettling. At least Imo.

Makes me wonder how much the Current Sekai actually acts like Past Sekai, and how much of it, is just whatever it is taking her form, being a caricature of her.

Onizuka2050

Jun 16, 2023
Shit, seems like I belong to the crowd that missed 2 Ayane events. How in gods name can something so completely radom be implemented. I mean, now you can never know if you chose the right girl whenever there is one to pick.

In any way, is there a way to cheat the missed events? I tried with Universal Renpy Mod and with and whenever I set the missed events flag from 2 to 0, its still there. Is it best to just use a save from someone else?

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes