Dec 18, 2020
It's been a long time since I've saw it so I may be misremembering, but I recall an image of Selebus saying in discord that not all purity routes will be happy, and some may not end with Sensei and the girl together either.
Well, Ami and Sensei's relationship might be a wholesome one without any sexual content, and he would be like a father figure to her. So, they are technically together, but in reality, they are not.

Aug 20, 2021
It's been a long time since I've saw it so I may be misremembering, but I recall an image of Selebus saying in discord that not all purity routes will be happy, and some may not end with Sensei and the girl together either.
Well I did stumble across this interaction that was fairly recent and sounds a bit similar.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not the biggest fan of yuritopia and only like it if Sensei’s involved, so not sure how I feel about this. But hey. We still don’t know a lot about it just yet.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
One question is what do you think the pure routes will be like? We know it's going to be Akira x a specific girl, but what will that be like? Will it be a totally new story? an alternative continuation of the dark route? I'm genuinely curious to know how Selly plans to do these pure routes.
My guess is that the purity routes will be new cycles focused on a single girl. This could be one of two ways: either Akira takes control of it and chooses to just go after one person, or (and maybe more likely) we'll see a cycle where the girl is in control of TERMINAL 23. More or less like what Rin dreams about, and keeps punching the reset until she finds the universe where Chika's her girlfriend. It could be like that, Rin finds the universe where Akira is love with her and only her. And that is the same for every girl. If they don't end up with Akira, then it makes even more sense for them to be the players in that cycle.

Here's what I'm basing this on: there is a true end that only becomes available after you complete all purity routes. Now, why would a true end need every possible main and side character to have their dreams fullfilled first? My assumption is that it's because Akira has assumed control after the dark route, and will give every single one of these people their perfect life before pulling the plug on the simulation/resets.

True end, in my guess, is the end to the simulation. Akira walks out the door. That makes it true, because it's the only real end - in all the others the simulation is still going. Real life can't be pure, however, you can, if you take control over a simulation, enginner purity. You can create a perfect world.

Obviously I could be absolutely wrong in all aspects.

Edit: Also, in this solution - every single purity route and true end exist in the same timeline. It's all canon.

Last edited:

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
I repeat what I said a few months ago, I at least expect something happy in this true ending, I just want something minimally happy to make it worth it, because if it's a sad or poorly written ending I will genuinely be disappointed as hell with Lil.
I suppose it depends on what you consider to be a "happy ending", but I personally would be disappointed if the ending is a simple " Years have now passed and I'm a better person now, glad I now have a family of my own and live happy and didn't ruin anyone else's life in the process" <-- That sounds shit, and that is technically a "happy ending".

Now I know you said minimally happy, but the only real outcome that I would consider a happy ending, is one where the girls get over Akira and realize he really is a shit guy; which to be fair, he has acknowledged many times and not just out of self deprecation. Though even if there is an ending where Akira can overcome all of his shit side and at least die in peace with the fact that he accepts what he is and what he has done, I'd be all right with that, a part of me thinks he has been dead all along to be honest.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I'm midway through a replay of Chapter 1, here's a collection of things that amused me or otherwise hit differently the second time around. Spoiler warning: this is Chapter 1 content but there are some references to things that happen much later in the story.

There sure is a lot of foreshadowing of (or just joking nods to) being stuck in an infinite loop. All from before the first reset:
How many previous resets have ended with somebody blowing everyone up?
Press X to doubt
Aww, Ami wants to adopt Maya!
Pet the cat, Sensei
No really, PET THE CAT
This got dark knowing Maya's history
People keep saying that Maya's god is Wires, but we are clearly told who it is in Chapter 1
There is a very real chance that Sensei and Ayane are legally married
hmmmm....
Are you sure about that Sensei?
Sensei makes a trade offer
Ami+Rin scene waiting room
Sana casually sharing her mom's psychiatric history
Some cute foreshadowing
Previous Sensei and Yumi were totally boning
Miku knows more than she's letting on
That was an awesome post, please keep it going. Also, it's a chance to take a look at both narrators and colors. I had the inkling that Himawari was narrating the Amamiya x Arakawa battles for instance.

And the Maya reactions during the first two chapters go hard. It's difficult to watch.

Edit: Also, I keep comparing Ami's short hair with Himawari's - which I know it's unrelated and most likely means nothing, but I had to get this out of my chest.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Just graduated from college and this game's still not finished what the fuck? Might as well have this shit go on till I get a permanent job

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Even Yumi will probably end up cucking her before all is said and done. Frankly, I'll be surprised if Noriko doesn't walk in on Sensei and Yumi at some point. Poor girl.
Lets be honest. At this rate Noriko is going to end up walking in on Sensei engaged in an orgy with all the main and side characters involved before she gets her own shot the way her luck seems to run.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes