blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
So, last update ended with a cliffhanger, which means we are picking up exactly where we left off, with an automatic event and not in sandbox mode. This makes sense, someone already said this but I'll repeat it: with "our" Maya recently gone would be utterly stupid if we can make Sensei freely wander around the city like nothing changed... at least for a while.

Next update is christmas especial, so that means we are jumping straight to it. And that's new. So far, every reset would come after christmas and then we would go "back in time" to repeat the same period of the year over and over, from july/august to new year. But since we are starting from christmas now, we should be able to cover a period of time we never had the chance before (january, february, march, etc). For a minute I thought "hey maybe that's the actual change of seasons that's been pre-announced for a while: it's more than summer, winter, spring... it's a totally different period of time". Then I checked the schedule for 2024 and saw that there is another Halloween Special planned, so I don't know.

There's still room to speculate: maybe resets now will cover a whole year rather than just six months. The school calendar year in Japan ends in march and starts again in april so maybe we can see some drama with the girls not wanting to leave Sensei's class, see them passing to second year with a different teacher (this was kinda teased with Sana last update, even though I don't like this idea at all) and so on. Anyway, point is: any kind of change following Maya getting reseted could mean that something was "unlocked", new rules have emerged and overall things have, for better or worse, moved on in Kumon mi. If after Maya's sacrifice nothing changes, that would be sad.

Orrr maybe it's just another "time in Kumon mi works in special ways". Whatevs, just wanted to pointed it out and hopefully get the bigger brains in here have some fun with it.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Although, there's no real reason to think Yasu wasn't just mentally ill before the resets made the voices actually supernatural
There is. In that scene her mother mentioned, that Yasu could already predict future and project halucinations. Coincendence is realy good explanation, but there is no good in explaining by coincendence everything which could be explained by it.

Especialy when topic of discussion is when resets have started and what is their evolution (if they have). I also don't get why world should become supernatural only after resets started, because resets do not start in non-supernatural worlds.

There's still room to speculate: maybe resets now will cover a whole year rather than just six months. The school calendar year in Japan ends in march and starts again in april so maybe we can see some drama with the girls not wanting to leave Sensei's class, see them passing to second year with a different teacher (this was kinda teased with Sana last update, even though I don't like this idea at all) and so on. Anyway, point is: any kind of change following Maya getting reseted could mean that something was "unlocked", new rules have emerged and overall things have, for better or worse, moved on in Kumon mi. If after Maya's sacrifice nothing changes, that would be sad.
I think there was hypothesis that there would be no mid-reset in chapter 4, but i don't remember reasoning. At least, it would be nice from aestetic perspective, because it can both emphasize that certain someone is missing and place us in position when we expect something (i.e. Bluejay, Bad News Bears) to be fixed by next rest

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Some other thoughts about Sensei's punishment due to the lack of assignment submission.

From the Untitled Children's Show's announcement, Sekai's warning, then finally Yasu's words, the hints seem to be more leaning toward his own hard reset, instead of Maya's, as his ultimate punishment for disrespecting the gods. Of course that seemingly isn't what's happened by the end of the update so I am still exploring possibilities.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Resetting Maya is hitting where it hurts the most, for both Sensei and us players; from Sensei's perspective, this is even worse than himself being wiped clean. But that's hardly losing everything. Besides, how is this punishment going to help fulfill the gods' agenda? (but again questioning entities notorious for being unfathomable to human logic probably won't yield anything)

If the gods value punishing the insolence more than achieving their goal, then sure. But, if their goal remains their top priority (i.e., learn to "feel" through him), it feels more logical to just start with another clean iteration so that their goal might move forward, and kill the current iteration in the process instead of dishing out punishment that would further distracting Sensei from copulating with the girls. Like, how could he be in the mood of fucking Sana, Yasu, or whoever qualifies after this?

I used the word "kill" instead of "reset" this time is because, a gruesome scene might've been awaiting for him as well in addition to Ami. And the most likely suspect can be vaguely seen behind Sensei and Sana after it's done with Ami.
I don't know, even now I am trying to find a justifiable explanation for Maya fucking him (back to life?) at the end, and an eldritch being coming after Sensei's life seems to be a strong enough incentive (this will need to assume that The Old Ones gets to Sensei eventually and its way in destroying Sensei manifests much more differently from what happened Ami). Aka, Maya sacrificed herself to undo gods' killing.

I still feel very conflicted about this theory because, the subtle sign or the foreshadowing of Maya's power waning started a while ago. It'd be really weird if Maya losing her cosmic power actually turns out to be completely independent of Sensei's divine punishment.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
There is. In that scene her mother mentioned, that Yasu could already predict future and project halucinations. Coincendence is realy good explanation, but there is no good in explaining by coincendence everything which could be explained by it.

Especialy when topic of discussion is when resets have started and what is their evolution (if they have). I also don't get why world should become supernatural only after resets started, because resets do not start in non-supernatural worlds.
Plenty of people in real life do what Yasu was doing. There's a lot of movies about it for a reason. It's simply a mental illness. Usually called schizophrenia:
Hence it being what she was diagnosed with.

The point of that event was more about how 8 year old Yasu was being sexually taken advantage of, by her doctor:
Or in other words:

Not to mention, nothing in this world could be "real", let alone "Supernatural", at least not anymore than things in your imagination would be. Still, there hasn't been any real confirmation of "Supernatural" things happening before the resets. Except for maybe the Space War and the Alien stuff.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Some other thoughts about Sensei's punishment due to the lack of assignment submission.

From the Untitled Children's Show's announcement, Sekai's warning, then finally Yasu's words, the hints seem to be more leaning toward his own hard reset, instead of Maya's, as his ultimate punishment for disrespecting the gods. Of course that seemingly isn't what's happened by the end of the update so I am still exploring possibilities.

Resetting Maya is hitting where it hurts the most, for both Sensei and us players; from Sensei's perspective, this is even worse than himself being wiped clean. But that's hardly losing everything. Besides, how is this punishment going to help fulfill the gods' agenda? (but again questioning entities notorious for being unfathomable to human logic probably won't yield anything)

If the gods value punishing the insolence more than achieving their goal, then sure. But, if their goal remains their top priority (i.e., learn to "feel" through him), it feels more logical to just start with another clean iteration so that their goal might move forward, and kill the current iteration in the process instead of dishing out punishment that would further distracting Sensei from copulating with the girls. Like, how could he be in the mood of fucking Sana, Yasu, or whoever qualifies after this?

I used the word "kill" instead of "reset" this time is because, a gruesome scene might've been awaiting for him as well in addition to Ami. And the most likely suspect can be vaguely seen behind Sensei and Sana after it's done with Ami.
I don't know, even now I am trying to find a justifiable explanation for Maya fucking him (back to life?) at the end, and an eldritch being coming after Sensei's life seems to be a strong enough incentive (this will need to assume that The Old Ones gets to Sensei eventually and its way in destroying Sensei manifests much more differently from what happened Ami). Aka, Maya sacrificed herself to undo gods' killing.

I still feel very conflicted about this theory because, the subtle sign or the foreshadowing of Maya's power waning started a while ago. It'd be really weird if Maya losing her cosmic power actually turns out to be completely independent of Sensei's divine punishment.
I have been wondering if something may have sacrificed Maya to keep Sensei around.

It's been hinted at that there are things in the background, actually trying to keep Sensei around:
The Untitled Reset (the one before this recent one) was even interrupted so that Sensei wouldn't be reset.

It's also been seemingly confirmed that Sensei needed two sacrifices. One presumably for him and another for someone else:
Assuming this someone else was Maya, and how Sensei may have been giving up his sacrifice for Maya's survival without knowing, something may have gotten rid of Maya so that Sensei would be forced to survive.

The sacrifice and survival defaulting to him, since Maya was no more.

Sekai definitely seemed to know more than she let on though:

Also, it's possible that Ayane may have caused this to happen to Maya. Ever since she reached the Rooftop, Maya has become more and more, well, irrelevant. Ayane herself more or less noted this:
Yasu would also later on imply that Ayane wanted to replace Maya:
And ever since Ayane returned from her meeting in the woods, she's seemed especially confident:

I'm hoping Ayane didn't intentionally cause this, but it's somewhat difficult to believe she didn't play some part in her only real rival in love suddenly being taken off the board. Especially considering Ayane just happened to be the one girl Sensei couldn't get rid of during the reset:
and just so happened to be the girl that seemed to be prolonging his delusion while he was raping Maya.

I also can't imagine her actually wanting to share Sensei with anyone:
So, if an opportunity presented itself.. well..

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, last update ended with a cliffhanger, which means we are picking up exactly where we left off, with an automatic event and not in sandbox mode. This makes sense, someone already said this but I'll repeat it: with "our" Maya recently gone would be utterly stupid if we can make Sensei freely wander around the city like nothing changed... at least for a while.

Next update is christmas especial, so that means we are jumping straight to it. And that's new. So far, every reset would come after christmas and then we would go "back in time" to repeat the same period of the year over and over, from july/august to new year. But since we are starting from christmas now, we should be able to cover a period of time we never had the chance before (january, february, march, etc). For a minute I thought "hey maybe that's the actual change of seasons that's been pre-announced for a while: it's more than summer, winter, spring... it's a totally different period of time". Then I checked the schedule for 2024 and saw that there is another Halloween Special planned, so I don't know.

Orrr maybe it's just another "time in Kumon mi works in special ways". Whatevs, just wanted to pointed it out and hopefully get the bigger brains in here have some fun with it.
Actually, Chapter 2 and the 2nd Reset leads into the first Christmas, and first winter, in the game. Which was when the other school was swallowed.

We also celebrated Maya's bday in Chapter 2, which is January 1st, so we've seemingly made it to January before.

There was 2 Christmases in 1 Winter, in Chapter 2 as Maya pointed out:

This is the first reset (the 6th in total) since the 2nd to actually lead into Christmas though.

Also, apparently every 2 resets, there's a change in seasons and a new Chapter. 2 lead to Winter (Chapter 2), 4 lead to Summer (Chapter 3), and now 6 may be leading to Spring (Chapter 4). If the pattern continues, then Autumn (Chapter 5) will be coming after 8.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Plenty of people in real life do what Yasu was doing. There's a lot of movies about it for a reason. It's simply a mental illness. Usually called schizophrenia:
Once again, there are two ways to reason wizard Yasu's ability to predict the future: combination of coincendents and cognitive distorions and supernatural shit. Our world is well-known to have no supernatural shit, because every such case could be explained without supernatural shit. Actualy, if it wouldn't we would not even call that supernatural.

On the other hand, we have "2020" Kumon-mi, where lot's of things, including Yasu ability to predict future, could not be rationaly explained. In that kind of worlds we sure that there is supernatural shit and we default to coincendence to explain supernatural stuff. Just like we can call it a coincidence that things fall down if somebody throws them. It is not like we can make proper expiriment in-game.

So the adressed question is "which kind of world child Yasu lived". The world where she can predict reset or the world where she cannot. Or, in other words, "is supernatural shit already started and if it is when exactly"

Not to mention, nothing in this world could be "real", let alone "Supernatural", at least not anymore than things in your imagination would be. Still, there hasn't been any real confirmation of "Supernatural" things happening before the resets. Except for maybe the Space War and the Alien stuff.
You cannot use "there haven't been any real confirmation" argument against evidence, even if it is questionable. Because real confirmation is product of such evidences and the point now is to judge evidence(s) themselves.

Also, it is not like resets could not be already started by that moment. Well, there are arguments against, but they would be applied same way to idea of Yasu farseeing first reset or just reset.

I think I already stated, that it all comes from theory, that time can actualy move, Maya just haven't witnessed it yet (or don't want to talk about it at least). After all, Maya also have not witnessed spring too. And we would know is it true in January, so it is good time to develop theory and see what we could also get ahead of schedule, instead of boring reasoning of already released content

Reactions: chronox42

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Once again, there are two ways to reason wizard Yasu's ability to predict the future: combination of coincendents and cognitive distorions and supernatural shit. Our world is well-known to have no supernatural shit, because every such case could be explained without supernatural shit. Actualy, if it wouldn't we would not even call that supernatural.

On the other hand, we have "2020" Kumon-mi, where lot's of things, including Yasu ability to predict future, could not be rationaly explained. In that kind of worlds we sure that there is supernatural shit and we default to coincendence to explain supernatural stuff. Just like we can call it a coincidence that things fall down if somebody throws them. It is not like we can make proper expiriment in-game.

So the adressed question is "which kind of world child Yasu lived". The world where she can predict reset or the world where she cannot. Or, in other words, "is supernatural shit already started and if it is when exactly"

You cannot use "there haven't been any real confirmation" argument against evidence, even if it is questionable. Because real confirmation is product of such evidences and the point now is to judge evidence(s) themselves.

Also, it is not like resets could not be already started by that moment. Well, there are arguments against, but they would be applied same way to idea of Yasu farseeing first reset or just reset.

I think I already stated, that it all comes from theory, that time can actualy move, Maya just haven't witnessed it yet (or don't want to talk about it at least). After all, Maya also have not witnessed spring too. And we would know is it true in January, so it is good time to develop theory and see what we could also get ahead of schedule, instead of boring reasoning of already released content
Your entire theory requires a known mental illness to be actually supernatural in this world, 8 years ago, without any evidence to support it beyond Yasu's mother saying so, while 12 doctors apparently say it's not so in the same event.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not factual evidence as you seem to think it is. It's based off one person's hearsay at best. Nothing actually proves Yasu had supernatural abilities back then.

Even now it's debatable, considering most of what we see her say or do is from the perspective of Sensei. A guy who talks to birds and plants, etc.

Current Yasu has even implied Sensei only thinks she's doing things:
This game has a theme of "Nothing is real" and "Perception" for a reason.

Still, I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just not likely as far as I can tell.

jameswitcher

Jun 2, 2018
No, to sum it: Sel got into a kerfuffle with the mods over a dumb thing during a stressful time which ended with him having the thread wrestled out of his grasp, which prompted earlier leaks so he stopped appearing here, then when the care packages got leaked here he sent some cult members to review bomb and report the thread using store discounts as bait.
Then he got banned.
in my opinion, it was a well deserved ban. Sel fucked around and found out the hard way.

Crazy how I first started playing this in 2020, and within 3 years, the dev becomes unhinged.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
So at the end of the audio loop of that cacophony of music and sounds (when Sana says she wants to sing). There is another instance of a computer generated voice. I assume it's Maya, or a Maya at least (past, future or one of the versions of her). I think Its the same voice used previously in events connected to her? (I lost my old notes so I cant find a reference easily). I also cant fully hear what it says but its something like this:

In the midst of these undying rays
a sacrifice is made
10 fingers ripped away from mine
its carapace remains
for if the ????????????? say what
what point is there to stay
why should I bother loving those who always go away.

Does anyone remember if this one has been used in a previous event. Given that its quite clearly connected to the end of this reset "10 fingers ripped away from mine" " a sacrifice" ect. I would guess not but I'm not sure.

To me it sounds like maybe it was an intentional sacrifice (or at least Maya going along with it) to keep Akira's memories intact. Because she did not want to wait thousands of years again, after finally getting Akira back. For what is potentially a "fluke" to happen again.
Also they have progressed beyond anything Maya had previously encountered. So perhaps thought she could not help anymore and this version of Akira was their best chance of figuring out / getting out of whatever is going on.
Then again, maybe that audio is supposed to be from some long past reset of Akira.

Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's also been seemingly confirmed that Sensei needed two sacrifices. One presumably for him and another for someone else: Assuming this someone else was Maya, and how Sensei may have been giving up his sacrifice for Maya's survival without knowing, something may have gotten rid of Maya so that Sensei would be forced to survive.
I read that whole sequence differently.

I read it as each of the sacrifices was for a different god, which is why multiple sacrifices were required.

And since this sacrifice was definitely ordered by HOPE, who is now in his dormant stage, it seems the sacrifices are akin to fattening up before hibernation, so Molly's taking was for the God of Wires, who was about to enter his dormant stage.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So at the end of the audio loop of that cacophony of music and sounds (when Sana says she wants to sing). There is another instance of a computer generated voice. I assume it's Maya, or a Maya at least (past, future or one of the versions of her). I think Its the same voice used previously in events connected to her? (I lost my old notes so I cant find a reference easily). I also cant fully hear what it says but its something like this:

In the midst of these undying rays
a sacrifice is made
10 fingers ripped away from mine
its carapace remains
for if the ????????????? say what
what point is there to stay
why should I bother loving those who always go away.

Does anyone remember if this one has been used in a previous event. Given that its quite clearly connected to the end of this reset "10 fingers ripped away from mine" " a sacrifice" ect. I would guess not but I'm not sure.

To me it sounds like maybe it was an intentional sacrifice (or at least Maya going along with it) to keep Akira's memories intact. Because she did not want to wait thousands of years again, after finally getting Akira back. For what is potentially a "fluke" to happen again.
Also they have progressed beyond anything Maya had previously encountered. So perhaps thought she could not help anymore and this version of Akira was their best chance of figuring out / getting out of whatever is going on.
Then again, maybe that audio is supposed to be from some long past reset of Akira.

Any thoughts on this?
Considering this occurs around the time Ami is apparently sacrificed and "loving those who always go away" is plural, I think this is probably more related to Ami.

Maya's stuff doesn't happen until after this.

Also for anyone interested, there should be a mp3 called "song.mp3" in the game files. This voice appears in it around 4:12.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I read that whole sequence differently.

I read it as each of the sacrifices was for a different god, which is why multiple sacrifices were required.

And since this sacrifice was definitely ordered by HOPE, who is now in his dormant stage, it seems the sacrifices are akin to fattening up before hibernation, so Molly's taking was for the God of Wires, who was about to enter his dormant stage.
Yeah, I can see that, although I'd think there would have been 3 sacrifices then. 1 for each God, since they all seem to want a sacrifice:
Unless they just only wanted 2 for some reason, or HOPE just didn't require one back in Chapter 1, maybe.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah, I can see that, although I'd think there would have been 3 sacrifices then. 1 for each God, since they all seem to want a sacrifice:Unless they just only wanted 2 for some reason, or HOPE just didn't require one back in Chapter 1, maybe.
Maybe HOPE didn't need as much of one in Chapter 1, or wasn't yet powerful enough to force it to the extent the gods can force it now, because there was certainly a moment in Chapter 1 where Sensei lost control and violated one of the girls. Yumi hasn't shut up about it.

Amnezziia

Feb 27, 2023
I don't even know what to think of this game.

Usually I like the kind of story that leaves you in the dark and there are a lot of things you don't understand, but this is so extreme that I have trouble getting past it. I mean, what the fuck with these visions?

I stopped the game not very long after having the other version of Maya crucified on the T. That's not what made me stop, I just lost the desire to try to go further so that the mystery could be solved.

I don't really have a strong opinion to say that I don't like the game, it's just too weird for my taste. Honestly, I can understand the appel of the story, I also had it to continue playing for several hours, it's just not for me in the end.

But on the bright side, there seems to be plenty of content for those who enjoy the game. I feel like I haven't met half the characters and I've played quite a while.

Anyway, sorry I'm just sharing my thoughts in comments. There's something that makes it a very interesting game, just as there's something that makes it a little too much. This is the first time this has happened to me with this type of game and it intrigues me! Maybe in the future I will even come back and give it another chance.

Good luck to the dev. I won't even advise changing anything because it's damn unique, and that's how interesting it is.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I don't even know what to think of this game.

Usually I like the kind of story that leaves you in the dark and there are a lot of things you don't understand, but this is so extreme that I have trouble getting past it. I mean, what the fuck with these visions?

I stopped the game not very long after having the other version of Maya crucified on the T. That's not what made me stop, I just lost the desire to try to go further so that the mystery could be solved.

I don't really have a strong opinion to say that I don't like the game, it's just too weird for my taste. Honestly, I can understand the appel of the story, I also had it to continue playing for several hours, it's just not for me in the end.

But on the bright side, there seems to be plenty of content for those who enjoy the game. I feel like I haven't met half the characters and I've played quite a while.

Anyway, sorry I'm just sharing my thoughts in comments. There's something that makes it a very interesting game, just as there's something that makes it a little too much. This is the first time this has happened to me with this type of game and it intrigues me! Maybe in the future I will even come back and give it another chance.

Good luck to the dev. I won't even advise changing anything because it's damn unique, and that's how interesting it is.
This game is in the "Denpa" genre. It's more or less designed to make you question reality, and they don't tend to end happily. Also you literally haven't met half the characters yet, lol. You're apparently around the 2nd update out of 35 (considering that's when the Letter T stuff happened).

However, if you found that early Happy Event too extreme, well, it's probably for the best. This game gets pretty fucked up at times, and the actual "bad" stuff may have only just now began.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes