Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Perhaps she has some kind of supernatural power to manifest her drawings into reality, maybe even without realizing it, or more likely without realizing it is not a normal thing to do.

Then these things go and harass Sensei because he is the strongest psychic around.

The moment Maya destroyed that abomination with a slap was kinda epic, ngl.
I may be remembering it wrong but as I recall after she gave the many armed drawing to Sensei he asked her something about whether she had seen it and she points behind him to where it is standing in the hall. Based on that I'd say she's drawing what she sees and not creating these things.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
I'm wondering if the entities in Nao's drawings exist on their own or is the fact that she drew them the root cause of their appearance during Akira's blackouts
Both may be valid, the old one existed before Nao-chan as such, but if this Nao-chan is related to Nao from the happy event, as is likely, Nao-chan could be even more of a threat and even more so in the future if Nao-chan remembers more things or incubates something worse. (There is a theory, that Nao-chan is all this world wanting to lead Akira down the wizard path or to remind him who he really is).
It is said that the wishing well is drying up, which leaves me thinking.
Nao can definitely see all of these entities. How much she can create them, manipulate them, or know about them, is debatable, and will have to be seen.

Aug 20, 2021
Perhaps she has some kind of supernatural power to manifest her drawings into reality, maybe even without realizing it, or more likely without realizing it is not a normal thing to do.

Then these things go and harass Sensei because he is the strongest psychic around.

The moment Maya destroyed that abomination with a slap was kinda epic, ngl.
I quite like this theory myself. It would certainly track, after all. Nao-chan handed Akira her drawing of The Old One and it quite literally appeared before him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nao-chan is by far the most mysterious character to me out of both the main and side girls. Does anyone have any actual takes on her yet? Substantial theories? Because I’d be curious to know.

But yeah, I actually like this particular theory about the drawings coming to life. I have to wonder how intentional or unintentional it actually is.

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
I may be remembering it wrong but as I recall after she gave the many armed drawing to Sensei he asked her something about whether she had seen it and she points behind him to where it is standing in the hall. Based on that I'd say she's drawing what she sees and not creating these things.
Logical thing, however, from my point of view, the creature changed its status from a being in Nao's imagination to become more real, as some kind of spirit/yokai, when it was drawn on paper.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
Ami is the main piece of the puzzle in everything related to Old One- Nao Chan, in a reset long before that form was drawn by Nao-chan there is that same figure with mini-amis and ropes on all the extremities. then there's Nao in happy event and Ami again in ropes over the pool, plus her strange eye changes in many other interactions. even at the beginning of the game with Breed the nice minigame.

Also remembering how in the Ami mode psych- event, in Noriko's invite over, right there you summon the old one, while insulting a user/god.
But it is still difficult to reach something concrete. but interesting to look at.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Since Sel brought them up what is everybody's favourite LiL clone? The only one I have played is the now infamous Sensei Overnight so any recommendation would be welcome!

• Haha
Reactions: vehemental

Crazynutso

Sep 13, 2022
Since Sel brought them up what is everybody's favourite LiL clone? The only one I have played is the now infamous Sensei Overnight so any recommendation would be welcome!
Space of Lost has almost the same opening and story, I haven't gotten that far into it. Also really catchy opening song.

Reactions: Riolol

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
There's Dissonance which I think is probably the closest one premisewise to LiL but it's recently branched off into its own thing.
Lost in You is I believe the one Sel was complaining about but I don't really think it's that similar.

Other ones I'd say stuff like Another World and Sorrow of Rebirth. Maybe Perfect Pitch could fit into it but not really. There was one called Eldritch Academy that popped up but it hasn't gotten a second update since it came out, so not holding out for that one. I think I read someone somewhere claiming that Unto Starlight is very similar to LiL but I honestly don't see it.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I quite like this theory myself. It would certainly track, after all. Nao-chan handed Akira her drawing of The Old One and it quite literally appeared before him.

But yeah, I actually like this particular theory about the drawings coming to life. I have to wonder how intentional or unintentional it actually is.
She's not creating them. She's giving them form.

Before she draws the Old One, Akira was already feeling His presence. He comments on it throughout that update.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
There's Dissonance which I think is probably the closest one premisewise to LiL but it's recently branched off into its own thing.
Lost in You is I believe the one Sel was complaining about but I don't really think it's that similar.

Other ones I'd say stuff like Another World and Sorrow of Rebirth. Maybe Perfect Pitch could fit into it but not really. There was one called Eldritch Academy that popped up but it hasn't gotten a second update since it came out, so not holding out for that one. I think I read someone somewhere claiming that Unto Starlight is very similar to LiL but I honestly don't see it.
Sel actually promoted SO on his Patreon, and that was the most blatant rip-off out there.

1) Teacher who has no business being one and no interest in doing the job
2) Tsundere who hates said teacher, whom the teacher constantly blanks out around and eventually forces a kiss on
3) Niece/Aunt who's obsessed with MC and is potentially the True Villain of the story

Most of the initial girls were direct analogues to the girls in LiL, and it wasn't until well into development that he started to nudge the game in its own direction.

Meanwhile, a lot of the newer games Sel's complaining about are only superficially similar (KK-based harem games set in a high school with ooo-creepy elements), but the characters at least stand on their own instead of leaning heavily on porting your attachment to characters from LiL into their game.

Aug 20, 2021
She's not creating them. She's giving them form.

Before she draws the Old One, Akira was already feeling His presence. He comments on it throughout that update.
Ah, yeah that makes sense. Like I said before, Nao-chan’s the biggest mystery in the game to me out of the main and side girls. I suppose you can count Himawari too, but that’s another subject entirely.

Assuming the roadmap for 0.40 hasn’t changed too drastically, we should be getting 2 Nao-chan events. Hopefully by then we can get a bit more insight.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Theory in barglenarglezous speech.

I think they are more like spirits/demigods that have no forms and as Nao-chan seems to have a strong connection with Nao, there is a high chance that without her realizing it or even on purpose she is giving them a physical body, before they just exist without anyone seeing them, but those with a strong spiritual sense could feel them, just as Akira felt him being observed, so in my opinion Nao-chan is unintentionally or on purpose allowing these beings to have/gain a form that human beings can see and talk.

if Nao-chan draws the goddess of scissors then that will be much more interesting.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Assuming the roadmap for 0.40 hasn’t changed too drastically, we should be getting 2 Nao-chan events. Hopefully by then we can get a bit more insight.
These Nao-chan events will certainly be very interesting and will bring us questions and answers and they are not just a way of creating hyper and then not bringing us anything interesting, right?......right?

• Haha
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko
Aug 20, 2021
These Nao-chan events will certainly be very interesting and will bring us questions and answers and they are not just a way of creating hyper and then not bringing us anything interesting, right?......right?
Mannn I sincerely hope so! :LOL: It wouldn’t surprise me at all if by the end we’re just left with more questions than answers again…

Really hope that isn’t the case, though, because Nao events only come once in a blue moon. Oh, and also, best girl Kaori gets events too! Whatever we do, we can’t fumble this!

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
All that discussion about Nao-Chan made me interested in girls psychic abilities, so I tried to do a tier list to sort it out:

I think it's very sad that Selly didn't explore the fact that Rin literally listened to the narrator at the first beach event, that would have been much more interesting than the love drama in my opinion.

Jeraviel

Jan 10, 2024
by the way, a quite suprising tidbit we learned from Makoto in this update (dunno if it was mentioned before) is that except for some of them, the girls are at or near the top of the school academic grades. If we also take into consideration some of their non-school related skills or abilities, you could say Akira's class is filled with super ultimate teenagers that can literally take over the country if only they could work together

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes