Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
So, finally finished the update.
Started it yesterday but decided to go to sleep, earlier than normal to boot.
Music is good, but NOT meant for LiL, and too much lirics in the song while reading is a no-no.
On another note.
Damn, is it me or Sel should just drop the whole Dorm Wars thing for a year or 2? I mean, it seems that christmas and halloween is no longer in the cards, since it's perpetual spring now, which I deem as a perk, but I really hope that sport events is a 1 time thing, since it's always either nonsense or boring.

By the way, "campfire" is always a highlight of sport events, that was not present here (the only thing I actually looked forward for). Maybe Sel spilled coffee on the memo that said "campfire" and now it's "camping".

For whatever reason I really expected that sensei will appear at the end of this all with "I'm back, bitches!" and was disappointed when that was not the case.

Aug 20, 2021
Are we sure that the ‘camping side story’ update for 0.40 is even legitimate? Or was it just another April Fools joke?

I ask this because I specifically remember a roadmap being posted here before that was quite different, albeit judging from the original release date, it’s probably old or got altered somehow (I know Sel said he’s taking a break for a couple months).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Even still, I kinda hope this original plan is what happens… Because tbh I fear the implications of what a camping side story could possibly mean.

I’m just sick of the yuritopia stuff, man lol. We need Akira back in the fray.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
You aren't able to really give flak for the update, or most of his writing or he comes out with 'I'm a professional writer and you're not' type bullshit. Then you're either kicked or banned.
How completely unsurprising.
Are we sure that the ‘camping side story’ update for 0.40 is even legitimate? Or was it just another April Fools joke?

I ask this because I specifically remember a roadmap being posted here before that was quite different, albeit judging from the original release date, it’s probably old or got altered somehow (I know Sel said he’s taking a break for a couple months).

Even still, I kinda hope this original plan is what happens… Because tbh I fear the implications of what a camping side story could possibly mean.

I’m just sick of the yuritopia stuff, man lol. We need Akira back in the fray.
Well, the next one is supposed to be all about side characters and the original list is almost entirely side characters so i kind of doubt that wasn't the plan and i can see the adults thinking this might be a way to help Akira recover so yeah, i'm leaning heavily towards this all being preplanned a while ago. I mean, Selly has to have had some idea of how to Bring Akira back to the usual routine before he broke him or he could've easily written himself into a corner.

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko
Aug 20, 2021
How completely unsurprising.

Well, the next one is supposed to be all about side characters and the original list is almost entirely side characters so i kind of doubt that wasn't the plan and i can see the adults thinking this might be a way to help Akira recover so yeah, i'm leaning heavily towards this all being preplanned a while ago. I mean, Selly has to have had some idea of how to Bring Akira back to the usual routine before he broke him or he could've easily written himself into a corner.
Yeah, in hindsight that makes sense. Guess I’m just antsy for a return to form after the last 4 updates being kinda weird. We have to be approaching a reset update very soon, though, (maybe in 0.41 or 0.42) so that may come sooner rather than later. Yasu’s breakdown and Tsuneyo’s strange disappearance only seem to allude to this further.

Azi VonVeil

Jan 22, 2024
so this is just a male power fantasy where every girl loves you and you fuck everything with tits? or is there real romance and story?

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
so this is just a male power fantasy where every girl loves you and you fuck everything with tits? or is there real romance and story?
I've tried to write four different summaries for you and keep getting lost in the details so i'm just gonna say, it starts off like the former and very much becomes the latter, but this story really isn't for everyone and imo you'd be better off not getting hooked on it. I don't recommend this VN to anyone tbh, we'd all be better off not being stuck with this one dominating our minds/attention/standards.

c8c3l

Jul 5, 2023
The whole point of this update is maya and sensei, dorm war it always boring for me if it not have akira or lore relate but it still give little detail like kirin and karin or ayane know sana love akira the last part of dorm war is worst it doesn't make sense alot and very out of character but this is nodoka maybe she will reveal something later and another skip sex scene T_T, sel really choose boring ah yuri became lust event over maya and akira that they are highlight of this update it not like ayane or makoto that i already see them having sex so skip some lust scene of them is kinda acceptable but this is maya all lust event she has is handjob and sel just skip her sex scene with akira and show boring ah yuri scene instead what kind of torturn is this T_T

• Sad
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I just want to point out that i called it.
Yup, i was right.

edit: And no, i wasnt surprised by it. It was all quite obvious that this is what sel would be going for when you look at kirins route, especially what happened lately.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
After looking at the reception for this update its similar to how everybody reacted to 0.35 even though Hallo-Wars was liked more than 0.39. But like somebody mentioned earlier this may be the calm before the storm like 0.35 and there is one more update before break. And unless there is Sekaori stuff going on, I don't think anything of note is going to happen in the next update.

Tldr: 0.35 and 0.39 similar reception. Not well received writing in both updates. Something big happens after being distracted from weird writing in 0.35. Same thing may or may not happen in 0.40.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Hmm, now that I think about it, it's been a while that Akira confronted Noriko about his name, and she said she was calling him by his name sometimes, but I don't remember her saying his name even once since then.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
- Okay theory time: In the scene where Ami and Maya were talking, I kiiiiinda feel like Maya unknowingly made a deal she shouldn’t have. Like, a divine one… With the whole “you can do anything” promise when she lies about not sleeping with Sensei.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Hmm, now that I think about it, it's been a while that Akira confronted Noriko about his name, and she said she was calling him by his name sometimes, but I don't remember her saying his name even once since then.
Why would he confrot her about that anyway. I mean i dont remember if she said his name or not lately. But i remember others did. Tsubasa did, otoha did, niki did and maya did it a lot in a certain event. So... why would his name be any deal now that he would need to confront noriko about it? :unsure:

lardtree90

Feb 16, 2018
Am I the only one who didn't hate the update? Wasn't the update ever, but I got a fair few laughs out of it. Imani screaming "BURN BURN BURN" during the weird race was hilarious and Miku being dumb as a brick always makes me small. People calling Io out on being a giant asshole was good to see, though she didn't deserve what Nodoka did.

My only complaint was that the Nodokathon felt...out of place? Like, it would have been less weird if it had taken place BEFORE Nodoka fucked with Io in front of everyone. Or if Sel had made it so none of the participants were there for that.

The callout of the copycat games was done in a cringey way, but having played a good number of them to try them out, it wasn't inaccurate either. Most of them are not very good or bland at best and there are a couple (not naming names) that really do hide behind the "inspired by" shit to pretend it's not a blatant rip off. Sel's definitely high on his own supply a lot of the time, but he ain't wrong about that.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes