Jun 20, 2023
I am still disgusted and severely disappointed in that little "4 wall break" in the beginning of the update and I just noticed a deeper context in it. That moronic move from Sel was done while promoting a song from some uninvolved person. Just imagine: you are a guy who likes music and writes one, then some douchebag while berating and insulting other creators and authors start promoting you in the same breath, that kind of shit is a bad look and negative rep. Not to mention that song is honestly great, but very out of place, combined with a scum move from Sel and it basically deals a major disservice for a promoted creator. I wrote 3 comments so far and each of it is negative. Unfortunately this update showed a new low even for Sel. I am honestly very repulsed by such scumbag behaviour in this update, the more I think about it.

corsair101

Apr 27, 2021
Clarification request: I'll obviously back my saves up before installing the update anyways, but if I've got the leaked Care Packages, do I need to go back and "reinstall" the DRM removal patch (ie. replace the GUI.rpy file)?

wamzzz

Sep 28, 2021
Overall I enjoyed this update, it had its moments and it was a bit silly but I think I get people's frustrations with it. It was another update where nothing important really happened but you got a few theory scraps here and there to keep you from being famished. It was just all very stagnant storywise.

I think Sel is maybe a bit too beholden to these special event updates. Dorm Wars + Halloween + Christmas makes for 3 shoehorned things that need to happen every year. With updates now being reduced to 10 a year, it's becoming more noticeable that they're taking a huge chunk of the story progression and pacing.

Hateitfuckit

May 18, 2019
This update was utter shit for me. Half of the events were filled with random bs and the lewd events were also pretty cringe and boring. This update is a clear example of stalling and without sensei this game is literally boring mess. While, some parts were obviously good like maya-Ami, sensei-maya, nodoka-io, etc but compared to other dorm wars this is a huge disappointment. Probably the worst update yet.

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
Honestly, I kind of liked the update. A nice step back from drama and emotion overloads (not that I dislike those), just some nice fun which is good sometimes. Well, aside from the Sensei part.
The Nodoka part at the end took me by complete surprise, honestly. Almost felt a bit forced just to create connections between girls that would have had none otherwise, but it was still fun nonetheless. Oh and the Touka horse dick thing was weird, one time was fun but repeated 4-5 times was weird.
Also those post death ball looks were 10/10 and they better come back ASAP.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm living rent-free in Sel's head.
Ah so that's what this dorm war's 4th wall break rant was about.

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm living rent-free in Sel's head.
Hey now that this is a topic, I literally downloaded ur game like 2 days ago and a there are a lot of soundtracks that are the same from LiL; are those like generic from these kind of games or something?
Also the format of the game, the way a day ends and start, even the "..." when a scene ends are the same, are those things common in these games? Because LiL is the only game I've played of this genre and idk if ur copying everything or if is just like the common format of these games...

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
One would think that Sel would be at least neutral with people being inspired by his work.
Welp, I'm kinda a Selebus hater but, and clarifying that I am completely ignorant in this genre, "inspired" is not the word I would use tbh, I get that using KK all games would kinda look simillar but if apart from the aesthetic everything is just the same is more like a copy i think.

L_Elyot

Dissonance Dev
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2022
Also, I love how he goes on a rant about one of the more recent very-simiilar games, but hasn't said a peep about the one HE ACTIVELY PROMOTED ON HIS PATREON that turned out to be made by a literal, actual convicted predator.
Except neither he nor StoryAnon nor anyone knew that the guy who made that was doing that shit? As far as I'm aware, mentioning him or his game in LiLcord is basically taboo now. Sure, he could make some show of how that guy is fucking disgusting and how he no longer supports it, but just letting it die in silence is also fair. It doesn't give it anymore attention and that game deserves a quiet and unremarkable death. (But here's hoping the creator's death is painful in contrast).

ItsAtrX

Developer of Lost in You
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2020
Hey now that this is a topic, I literally downloaded ur game like 2 days ago and a there are a lot of soundtracks that are the same from LiL; are those like generic from these kind of games or something?
Also the format of the game, the way a day ends and start, even the "..." when a scene ends are the same, are those things common in these games? Because LiL is the only game I've played of this genre and idk if ur copying everything or if is just like the common format of these games...
Most of the music tracks we share are near the top when sorting by most downloads on (in particular, we share a number of tracks from the artist "Sharou"). Though, as far as I'm aware, that is a relatively small portion of the soundtrack. The format is something most games inspired by LiL copy to different degrees, with some putting a spin on things at times, but they're generally fairly similar sandbox-lites.

notproudofbeinghere

Jun 1, 2022
Also, I love how he goes on a rant about one of the more recent very-simiilar games, but hasn't said a peep about the one HE ACTIVELY PROMOTED ON HIS PATREON that turned out to be made by a literal, actual convicted predator.
Look I kinda understand your point but why in the fuck would he even want to aknowledge a game that was made by a predator?

It would have been a terrible idea to reference Sensei Overnight directly, lmao.

Reactions: crustlord12

notproudofbeinghere

Jun 1, 2022
This is the kind of update that is frustrating only for those who play this monthly, you can't fucking let Sensei aside when he is on his fucking peak as a character, Nodokathlon was so frustrating to read because of this, it was so fucking long and I just cared about whatever Maya and Sensei where doing.

Overall this update was weird, because I feel like it might work well once this game is complete and it's a nice break for what overall is the most depressive chapter in the game so far. But right know, yeah, that was just *Egh*.

FireCazador

May 22, 2020
If one day Selebus were replaced by a ghostwriter who also assumed control of the story's artistic vision, would anyone notice a difference? Is the direction LiL is heading in so unique that it couldn't be replicated by anyone else without readers noticing any deviation from its original direction?

With the way LiL is developed, there are no secrets that "happy accidents" occur, blending and weaving the interruptions and personal experiences of Selebus' life alongside the story of LiL. But how far could these diversions go before any of us notice a difference or deviation from "what Lessons in Love should be/should have been," assuming it had any vague direction or objective to begin with?

Too little flexibility yields a rigid narrative that doesn't blend well with passing times, but too much flexibility and there may not be a narrative backbone at all—no true story to tell, just whatever comes to mind at a given moment, and mindsets change by the hour. That is the sort of feeling I get with how haywire recent chapters have been, and I'm interested to see if anyone else catches a glimpse of that or if I am just reading into it too much. Maybe it's progressing as intended, or maybe there's too much improvisation, as we know.

From what I could tell, though, Selebus seems to be vague about everything regarding the narrative direction of Lessons in Love, making it impossible to decipher between character development or character deviation—apart from the financial objectives; only there are his goals made abundantly clear.
The moment LiL starts to have logical puzzles, stop having Raid Shadow ads and the stupidly large nonsense monoloue dissapear, then we will notice Sel was replaced xd

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Most of the music tracks we share are near the top when sorting by most downloads on (in particular, we share a number of tracks from the artist "Sharou"). Though, as far as I'm aware, that is a relatively small portion of the soundtrack. The format is something most games inspired by LiL copy to different degrees, with some putting a spin on things at times, but they're generally fairly similar sandbox-lites.
If Sharou composed the Tsukoika Manor theme, they deserve a fucking Grammy

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes