BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
which plotholes? I'm keenly interested.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That was just an assumption.
With every new update Sel states "Fixes and updates to old content".
Now, bugfixes ok, but updates to old content is ambiguous.
There have been talks about retconning.

For me, "The room with clocks" "feels" like retconning, while no one knows what it's supposed to mean exactly, the changes just changed it's tone (for me).
Intruducing characters (Sekai/Himawari) unlike old content, "for me", feels wrong, feels like retconning.
Hope that helps.

There might be more that slipped my sight., because i'm not a replayer.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
That was just an assumption.
With every new update Sel states "Fixes and updates to old content".
Now, bugfixes ok, but updates to old content is ambiguous.
There have been talks about retconning.

For me, "The room with clocks" "feels" like retconning, while no one knows what it's supposed to mean exactly, the changes just changed it's tone (for me).
Intruducing characters (Sekai/Himawari) unlike old content, "for me", feels wrong, feels like retconning.
Hope that helps.

There might be more that slipped my sight., because i'm not a replayer.
No, your room with the clocks example makes sense. The thing is, this really isn't the sort of story that should be consumed while it's being written. As an example: In japanese literature there is the concept of a web novel and a light novel. The web novel is published mini-chapter by mini-chapter online. The lightnovel is published volume by volume, and is oftentimes a rewrite of the world novel. And those aren't even close to the level of complexity that LiL has.

For as a good of an outline that Selebus might have for his story, there is absolutely no way he'll be able to reach the end of it all and don't rewrite it, that's just common sense. No serious writer finished his work and then went to publish it without having people look at it, let it rest for a while, and then rewrite a lot of stuff.

It's certainly a good thing to experience LiL as it's being written, but I guess we just have to accept that he'll keep tweaking what's written from time to time rather than wait to do it at the end (especially supernatural stuff). I'm not sure I would go so far as retconning though. Although there is a dissonance between chapter 1 and the latest chapters for sure.

I do wish for when we get the final version of the game for everything supernatural to be more, for the lack of a better word, even. Which is I think what he did for the room with the clocks. The first version was basically, as is with most of chapter 1, about Sekai. Then the new version became about (hopefully) every stage of the game to come. We'll see.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
No, your room with the clocks example makes sense. The thing is, this really isn't the sort of story that should be consumed while it's being written. As an example: In japanese literature there is the concept of a web novel and a light novel. The web novel is published mini-chapter by mini-chapter online. The lightnovel is published volume by volume, and is oftentimes a rewrite of the world novel. And those aren't even close to the level of complexity that LiL has.

For as a good of an outline that Selebus might have for his story, there is absolutely no way he'll be able to reach the end of it all and don't rewrite it, that's just common sense. No serious writer finished his work and then went to publish it without having people look at it, let it rest for a while, and then rewrite a lot of stuff.

It's certainly a good thing to experience LiL as it's being written, but I guess we just have to accept that he'll keep tweaking what's written from time to time rather than wait to do it at the end (especially supernatural stuff). I'm not sure I would go so far as retconning though. Although there is a dissonance between chapter 1 and the latest chapters for sure.

I do wish for when we get the final version of the game for everything supernatural to be more, for the lack of a better word, even. Which is I think what he did for the room with the clocks. The first version was basically, as is with most of chapter 1, about Sekai. Then the new version became about (hopefully) every stage of the game to come. We'll see.
So to translate for the less intellectually fortunate(Me).While playing update by update is nice,the finished product will require a whole new playthrough in order to understand everything since rewrites and many tweeks are bound to happen

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So to translate for the less intellectually fortunate(Me).While playing update by update is nice,the finished product will require a whole new playthrough in order to understand everything since rewrites and many tweeks are bound to happen
This is purely speculation on my part. What I mean is that the game is basically two things:1. Harem plotlines and 2. Supernatural/Cycle stuff. You could make the argument for it to be a 3. Akira's plotline as well, but I just see it as part of the supernatural stuff.

For the Harem plotlines (that is each individual girl story) I don't think there will be much changed, if at all tbh. For the supernatural stuff, there probably will be many tweaks to make things more cohesive, with better buildup, clues and stuff like that.

Everyone should definitely to a replay of everything once we have the final product because it will be different from what we have now for sure. I think it will be a less "I wonder if this means anything or it's just bullshit" experience. Ideally, when we have the final product, Selebus will have been able to make most of what he included link with its eventual revelations. Here's hoping.

fasoaga

Jul 24, 2017
Do we know why yumi and tsuneyo remember the past cycles? Ayane and makoto had pregnancy theory but we never had sex with yumi and tsuneyo.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
So how is that for you guys?
I saw that some people know, made my heart almost skip a beat.
Those of you who know, are you just older? and experienced that era?, or is Soundgarden/Chris Cornell better known in the states?
If you're in the younger department, how did you come to know?
I'm an old fart, and the Seattle grunge scene took over the radio while I was in high school, so Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, hell, even Temple of the Dog were all over the airwaves.

But classic rock stations around here still play a lot of Soundgarden, when you can actually FIND a classic rock station anymore.

Reactions: BlackDays

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Could it be because kaori and yumi is related. Can Yuki start to remember too.
Im not sure about that but Yumi has always been unique in the fact that she is the first(excluding maya and ami ofc) in terms of catching us when we blacked out.Plus she was the first to show signs of knowing about the past cycles(Memory disrepencies and the like)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl
Aug 20, 2021
Do we know why yumi and tsuneyo remember the past cycles? Ayane and makoto had pregnancy theory but we never had sex with yumi and tsuneyo.
All of them were on the school rooftop at one point or another. Ayane just minutes before the third reset in the Chapter 2 event “Nevermind”, Makoto during “Bluejay”, Tsuneyo during her introduction “Tsuneyo Tojo, Stand-up Comedian” Chapter 1 Main Event, and Yumi during the main event “Contractions”, also in Chapter 1.

Being on the school rooftop, I believe, allows whoever is up there to somehow become more aware of the time fuckery. It’s the only link they all have that currently makes sense.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
All of them were on the school rooftop at one point or another. Ayane just minutes before the third reset in the Chapter 2 event “Nevermind”, Makoto during “Bluejay”, Tsuneyo during her introduction “Tsuneyo Tojo, Stand-up Comedian” Chapter 1 Main Event, and Yumi during the main event “Contractions”, also in Chapter 1.

Being on the school rooftop, I believe, allows whoever is up there to somehow become more aware of the time fuckery. It’s the only link they all have that currently makes sense.
I do wonder why the roof is special though. If lamb legs is to be believed, it could be that Akira told Maya that day that his blackouts (not supernatural) had started again, which leads him to jumping, and she somehow contracts with a god to link them to the wishing well.

Maya mentions many times that there was something she wished for, plus she prays to someone to reset things again. Of course this is also assuming lamb legs is before the resets instead of just inside of the cycles. Or even that it happened.

I'm not putting this explanation forward either, I just wonder why is it there? It could be because that's where the cycles started in the first place...

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'd be willing to bet that this will be explained. The goddess that is mentioned is associated with cursing people. It most likely has to do with the scars, otherwise it would be weird for Selebus to drag an unknown and specific deity of the real world for no reason.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Fun fact: Bronny James is at least 14 years old when this game came out. Now he's in the NBA.
Just a reminder why Selebus should be burned at the stake.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I do wonder why the roof is special though. If lamb legs is to be believed, it could be that Akira told Maya that day that his blackouts (not supernatural) had started again, which leads him to jumping, and she somehow contracts with a god to link them to the wishing well.

Maya mentions many times that there was something she wished for, plus she prays to someone to reset things again. Of course this is also assuming lamb legs is before the resets instead of just inside of the cycles. Or even that it happened.

I'm not putting this explanation forward either, I just wonder why is it there? It could be because that's where the cycles started in the first place...
You know that prologue section still feels weird to me.Like we are obviously on a rooftop and we ARE jumping but why?Its so weird.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes