ganesha2407

Nov 6, 2020
if you didn't fuck Ami, Sara, Haruka, Maki at this point of stories and trying to be "good" did that changed a lot of things?
or you end up at the same point where you're still counted as sinner & bad person?

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Pretty much. Those choices arent something like real routes, more like little differentiations. You will have missed some events on the way, but in the end the overall story wouldnt change one bit.

Edit: Oh, yeah completely forgot about that one when i was talking about why LiL has so fast and regular updates. Like you can see with games that have a whole branching of different routes and every single update takes longer and longer, because all those different routes need content. So much more work, and for people who just play one route, barely any content.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ganesha2407

grimfate56

Jul 23, 2022
if you didn't fuck Ami, Sara, Haruka, Maki at this point of stories and trying to be "good" did that changed a lot of things?
or you end up at the same point where you're still counted as sinner & bad person?
Apart from alternate events/missing events nothing has really been super changed storywise. I think due to the fact Selebus originally went with the goal of a "one true path" through the game, and I believe that would be the route with which you sleep with everyone, as it will lead to the most disaster/hurt for the characters throughout the rest of the game.

I believe the 'sinner and bad person' is throughout no matter what, due to Sensei's past and obvious continual actions regarding his current class despite what the player does. Take for example the first major turn with Yumi where you have to sit and watch as the game forces itself upon her despite your decision not too. The way its trying to present the story is Sensei is and will always be a bad person, whether or not that changes by the end I'm not sure

• Red Heart
Reactions: ganesha2407

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Apart from alternate events/missing events nothing has really been super changed storywise. I think due to the fact Selebus originally went with the goal of a "one true path" through the game, and I believe that would be the route with which you sleep with everyone, as it will lead to the most disaster/hurt for the characters throughout the rest of the game.

I believe the 'sinner and bad person' is throughout no matter what, due to Sensei's past and obvious continual actions regarding his current class despite what the player does. Take for example the first major turn with Yumi where you have to sit and watch as the game forces itself upon her despite your decision not too. The way its trying to present the story is Sensei is and will always be a bad person, whether or not that changes by the end I'm not sure
Oh, you speak my language, i call it the Green Path cause it means no missed events and unmissed events are colored green. I try not to bang on about it but there really is no evidence Selly will respect player choice at any point, he's punished 'mistakes' before and he will again, there is one true path and it's the Green Path™.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Oh, you speak my language, i call it the Green Path cause it means no missed events and unmissed events are colored green. I try not to bang on about it but there really is no evidence Selly will respect player choice at any point, he's punished 'mistakes' before and he will again, there is one true path and it's the Green Path™.
If <past event missed> then <crash to desktop>

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Try again sounds more encouraging as i would ever expect of him. I mean it would make it almost sound like he is respecting the players time. And we all know that is not the case. So:

Play another game!

Edit: But to be fair, people complain there is one true route where you get all the events, i wonder how bad those complains were, when such a route would not even exist and no matter what route you played, you would always miss at least one event per update. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: XO6OT

ganesha2407

Nov 6, 2020
Pretty much. Those choices arent something like real routes, more like little differentiations. You will have missed some events on the way, but in the end the overall story wouldnt change one bit.

Edit: Oh, yeah completely forgot about that one when i was talking about why LiL has so fast and regular updates. Like you can see with games that have a whole branching of different routes and every single update takes longer and longer, because all those different routes need content. So much more work, and for people who just play one route, barely any content.

aight thanks for the answer lad,
at this point I'm already lost where the story gonna be going and when & where did Selebus gonna end it.
i don't even know how many "seeing thing" is true or which God is the one who messed this main problem or even are they even real or imagination & delusional things.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Its going to be annoying if/when it turns out that the "good uncle" option was only added in the first place for some Patron related reason and its just going to lead to a point where the game is no longer progressable. Ending up on a screen that says something along the lines of: "you should have payed attention to all the times I said the game was broken but still let you keep playing to waste your time... something about foreshadowing and perception... all your saves are now deleted".

Dec 31, 2021
I just want to point out that Sel's word count per update is not normal even among professional writers. He may well have been a professional at some point, but the average novel is 75,000 words, and to say that this amount of words is normal for a professional every month is not very realistic. Some authors are truly prolific, and Sel is one of them, but being a professional does not mean that you can just write thousands of words every day all day with no issue. For all of his shortcomings, he is consistently good at writing decent prose at an astonishing rate.

Oct 1, 2023
Its going to be annoying if/when it turns out that the "good uncle" option was only added in the first place for some Patron related reason and its just going to lead to a point where the game is no longer progressable. Ending up on a screen that says something along the lines of: "you should have payed attention to all the times I said the game was broken but still let you keep playing to waste your time... something about foreshadowing and perception... all your saves are now deleted".
Doesn't really matter, there will always be a hero here with a good save file. Selebus already tried to mess with daycare packages and we always beat him every time

Reactions: hopeisdead6969
Dec 31, 2021
Just to go back to that Nao topic that I seem to be obsessed with, I just wanted to note one more thing about the Kanji for her name. The character for her name in how its used means something similar to ordinary, which reminds me of how Maya describes herself. But the character can also be used for Naosu, which is a verb meaning "to fix" or "to repair." Could it be that Nao is actually a healing force in the story and has only been misunderstood to be an agent of chaos?

Probably not, but it won't stop me from positing its possibility!

Lux Perpetua

Oct 2, 2017
I just want to point out that Sel's word count per update is not normal even among professional writers. He may well have been a professional at some point, but the average novel is 75,000 words, and to say that this amount of words is normal for a professional every month is not very realistic. Some authors are truly prolific, and Sel is one of them, but being a professional does not mean that you can just write thousands of words every day all day with no issue. For all of his shortcomings, he is consistently good at writing decent prose at an astonishing rate.
I remember a lecture by Brandon Sanderson on youtube in which he says that for a professional writer, the number of words written per month varies from 50,000 to 70,000

Jun 20, 2023
I remember a lecture by Brandon Sanderson on youtube in which he says that for a professional writer, the number of words written per month varies from 50,000 to 70,000
LiL will finish faster than "Stormlight Archive" series will. I think the words count is not really the "professional writer" sign, considering that we have sites like fanfiction.net(Coeur al Aran is the GOAT there). I would personally not mind less words and more substance, rather than less substance and more words. So 30000 words that are written good are better than consistent 70000 word count of average quality in my book.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes