siegabro

May 19, 2020
Once again, on the topic of Touka - am I the only one who finds her character development kinda weird and not believable? When we first meet her, she is wholesome and gullible, and she stays this way throughout Ch2 and most of Ch3. She was not a very fleshed-out character, so obviously some depth needed to be introduced, but to me some of her new "traits" seem unwarranted and come out of nowhere.

I don't have access to the game right now and can't attach screenshots, so I might misremember things. But during the previous dorm wars, when she competed with Ami in whatever that "mom contest" thing was, she acted quite uncharacteristically - spoke to Sensei in a very suggestive manner while rubbing his back, scratched it with her fingernails and altogether was a bit too flirtatios than would be logical (as I see it) at that point in the story. But ok, that much I can get - we do know that almost all girls have the hots for Sensei, and this kind of behavior is to be expected, even if it felt a bit rushed.

What really confuses me is the whole "Touka as a mommy" thing. This really does appear out of nowhere approximately at the same time as previous dorm wars (thus the mom contest, duh), but really takes flight (and falls flat) in the very next update - the Halloween party before the last reset. This is the update when the narration, Sensei himself, other people repeatedly and explicitly comment on how "motherly" Touka is and tell us that's the reason why Sensei gravitates to her at the party (hoping she could keep him grounded while he's losing his mind pre-reset). In the following updates this view of Touka is reiterated several times (e.g. by Ayane post-reset, if I'm not mistaken) and now it seems that's just Touka's new "thing". But personally, I don't see it, I don't feel it, and to me it looks like a case of "telling, not showing": "Look, Touka's a mommy now, and Sensei has mommy issues, so he will seek refuge in her and these two characters will finally have something to do apart from calling each other by a wrong name". I just don't like when things are stated this explicitly and forced on a reader with no build-up. The only thing "mommy-Touka" had going for her was her relationship with Yasu, but then again, this usually came down to Touka just frantically running after her, more like a protective sister would do. To me this just wasn't enough.

I might be unfair in some regards, but this is the general vibe I get from Touka. Which is a pity, because I know she is quite popular in the community, and I agree that she is otherwise quite enjoyable and has a gorgeous design. But to me now she just doesn't add up, and, sadly, not in an intriguing but in an annoying way. I wonder if I am the only one?

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
For those wondering, that Ayane-like girl was apparently drawn by Artist: Andrian Adilia. Curiosity got the better of me.
View attachment 3539192 chỉ là một hình ảnh ngẫu nhiên trên mạng nhưng nó phản ánh khá rõ về Ayane
The resemblance is uncanny:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just with her hair up, and with her handgun that she apparently always has on her, instead of her other guns:

siegabro

May 19, 2020
Btw, a positive example of a motherly character in a high-school girl's body would be Lilly Satou from Katawa Shoujo. She and Touka have many similarities, but her mom-like qualities had much more impact, felt more natural and didn't suffer from the conflicting character traits (unlike in Touka, where I find that her gullibility and motherliness kind of cancel each other out)

Reactions: crustlord12

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Once again, on the topic of Touka - am I the only one who finds her character development kinda weird and not believable? When we first meet her, she is wholesome and gullible, and she stays this way throughout Ch2 and most of Ch3. She was not a very fleshed-out character, so obviously some depth needed to be introduced, but to me some of her new "traits" seem unwarranted and come out of nowhere.

I don't have access to the game right now and can't attach screenshots, so I might misremember things. But during the previous dorm wars, when she competed with Ami in whatever that "mom contest" thing was, she acted quite uncharacteristically - spoke to Sensei in a very suggestive manner while rubbing his back, scratched it with her fingernails and altogether was a bit too flirtatios than would be logical (as I see it) at that point in the story. But ok, that much I can get - we do know that almost all girls have the hots for Sensei, and this kind of behavior is to be expected, even if it felt a bit rushed.

What really confuses me is the whole "Touka as a mommy" thing. This really does appear out of nowhere approximately at the same time as previous dorm wars (thus the mom contest, duh), but really takes flight (and falls flat) in the very next update - the Halloween party before the last reset. This is the update when the narration, Sensei himself, other people repeatedly and explicitly comment on how "motherly" Touka is and tell us that's the reason why Sensei gravitates to her at the party (hoping she could keep him grounded while he's losing his mind pre-reset). In the following updates this view of Touka is reiterated several times (e.g. by Ayane post reset, if I'm not mistaken) and now it seams that's just Touka's new "thing". But personally, I don't see it, I don't feel it, and to me it looks like a case of "telling, not showing": "Look, Touka's a mommy now, and Sensei has mommy issues, so he will seek refuge in her and these two characters will finally have something to do apart from calling each other by a wrong name". I just don't like when things are stated this explicitly and forced on a reader with no buildup. The only thing "mommy-Touka" had going for her was her relationship with Yasu, but then again, this usually came down to Touka just frantically running after her, more like a protective sister would do. To me this just wasn't enough.

I might be unfair in some regards, but this is the general vibe I get from Touka. Which is a pity, because I know she is quite popular in the community, and I agree that she is otherwise quite enjoyable and has a gorgeous design. But to me now she just doesn't add up, and, sadly, not in an intriguing but in an annoying way. I wonder if I am the only one?
Keep in mind that Sensei's sister in law, was also like a mother figure, a girlfriend, and an onahole to him.

It's not really that Touka is suddenly becoming a mother figure, it is that Sensei seems to be forcing Touka into a matriarchal role for him, which Tsubasa seems to think would disappoint Touka:

Touka is more or less just being groomed into this role by those around her:
Especially since it's what Sensei wants from her:

Yasu is molding Touka into being a guardian, because she's too wholesome to let her freeze to death and drink alley leaves.
Tsubasa is molding Touka into being a landlord/landlady, because it's expected of her to eventually carry the family name.
Sensei is molding Touka into a motherly role because this is what he actually wants from her.

She's basically becoming Mommy Touka because she's too gullible and wholesome to resist, and well, she's good at it.

Ami and Niki are in similar situations when it comes to Sensei. I guess so is Otoha, and Nodoka in a way. Although, he has more of a big sister relationship with Niki and Otoha, even though they are both younger.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Make your case. Everyone knows i'm in camp Otoha but i'd like to hear you out, see why you think what you think.
I never really thought to keep track of why. So I doubt id be able to find scenes that support it now, besides the obvious Aim dorm war contest. Mostly it was just a feeling that I got. And in a meta way it would be kind of fitting that the next person Akira decided to latch onto as a motherly figure is also a shotacon.

Although I don't particularly care either way if I'm wrong. The Otoha little brother stuff is probably stronger evidence than anything else I could find. Unless I was to be overly pedantic and try to separate little brother brocon and shotacon in some way.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
Otoha is the Shotacon, and the biggest proof/indication has been given by Nodoka a couple of months ago at the Actual Jesus Quotes event, and nothing else can come close, the latest otoha events only reinforce that path.

and if we count small quibbles from cap2 the introduction of new characters like this, was always there.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes