Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
The "I know you, so I know you know." line is quite convincing. Almost enough for me to abandon Tonami and relinquish the Real Shotacon Crown to Otoha. But I will wait for further developments. Unless you have a few more smoking guns. Preferably proverbial, so not the ones Ayane used to kill all the janitors... or the one from paper city.

Reactions: Duskreyn

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Otoha is the Shotacon, and the biggest proof/indication has been given by Nodoka a couple of months ago at the Actual Jesus Quotes event, and nothing else can come close, the latest otoha events only reinforce that path.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and if we count small quibbles from cap2 the introduction of new characters like this, was always there
There are also a few "subtle" hints of Otoha liking being around kids:

Sensei even made a joke about her letting him fuck her if he was 11:
This was a little after she blushed when he mentioned acting like a little brother:

Overall: The game definitely wants us to at least think Otoha is the shotacon, and a brocon.

Interestingly, according to Nodoka, Otoha is becoming even more depraved:
If I were to guess, the context clues won't be all that necessary in the near future.

Qrash

Dec 24, 2020
Once again, on the topic of Touka - am I the only one who finds her character development kinda weird and not believable? When we first meet her, she is wholesome and gullible, and she stays this way throughout Ch2 and most of Ch3. She was not a very fleshed-out character, so obviously some depth needed to be introduced, but to me some of her new "traits" seem unwarranted and come out of nowhere.

I don't have access to the game right now and can't attach screenshots, so I might misremember things. But during the previous dorm wars, when she competed with Ami in whatever that "mom contest" thing was, she acted quite uncharacteristically - spoke to Sensei in a very suggestive manner while rubbing his back, scratched it with her fingernails and altogether was a bit too flirtatios than would be logical (as I see it) at that point in the story. But ok, that much I can get - we do know that almost all girls have the hots for Sensei, and this kind of behavior is to be expected, even if it felt a bit rushed.

What really confuses me is the whole "Touka as a mommy" thing. This really does appear out of nowhere approximately at the same time as previous dorm wars (thus the mom contest, duh), but really takes flight (and falls flat) in the very next update - the Halloween party before the last reset. This is the update when the narration, Sensei himself, other people repeatedly and explicitly comment on how "motherly" Touka is and tell us that's the reason why Sensei gravitates to her at the party (hoping she could keep him grounded while he's losing his mind pre-reset). In the following updates this view of Touka is reiterated several times (e.g. by Ayane post-reset, if I'm not mistaken) and now it seems that's just Touka's new "thing". But personally, I don't see it, I don't feel it, and to me it looks like a case of "telling, not showing": "Look, Touka's a mommy now, and Sensei has mommy issues, so he will seek refuge in her and these two characters will finally have something to do apart from calling each other by a wrong name". I just don't like when things are stated this explicitly and forced on a reader with no build-up. The only thing "mommy-Touka" had going for her was her relationship with Yasu, but then again, this usually came down to Touka just frantically running after her, more like a protective sister would do. To me this just wasn't enough.

I might be unfair in some regards, but this is the general vibe I get from Touka. Which is a pity, because I know she is quite popular in the community, and I agree that she is otherwise quite enjoyable and has a gorgeous design. But to me now she just doesn't add up, and, sadly, not in an intriguing but in an annoying way. I wonder if I am the only one?
Touka is just another casualty of what I would say is my primary criticism of the game, which is there are WAY too many characters. I mean in the "main cast" we have 15 girls. Of those fifteen I would say maybe three or four have enough story relevance to be considered "main" That's not even getting into the side girls who have more presence and relevance than even some of the main girls. It would be hard for anyone to figure out what to do with all these characters. I don't really envy Sel's position but the damage is done so now all he can really do is figure out ways to get everyone involved with not only the main character, but each other. I think Touka going mommy mode is just something he landed on to give her some kind of presence with all that's happening right now.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Touka is just another casualty of what I would say is my primary criticism of the game, which is there are WAY too many characters. I mean in the "main cast" we have 15 girls. Of those fifteen I would say maybe three or four have enough story relevance to be considered "main" That's not even getting into the side girls who have more presence and relevance than even some of the main girls. It would be hard for anyone to figure out what to do with all these characters. I don't really envy Sel's position but the damage is done so now all he can really do is figure out ways to get everyone involved with not only the main character, but each other. I think Touka going mommy mode is just something he landed on to give her some kind of presence with all that's happening right now.
I hate myself for it, but I'm going to be that guy. Ahem... there are actually 20 girls in the 'main cast' with 15 'side characters', going solely by how they are classified within the game. Right, if anyone wants me I'll be under the rock marked as 'pedant'.

Qrash

Dec 24, 2020
I hate myself for it, but I'm going to be that guy. Ahem... there are actually 20 girls in the 'main cast' with 15 'side characters', going solely by how they are classified within the game. Right, if anyone wants me I'll be under the rock marked as 'pedant'.
My mistake, but I will use this as an opportunity to reinforce my point. Dumbasses like me can't even keep track of all these girls.

Reactions: Bill_Jerkpole

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Keep in mind that Sensei's sister in law, was also like a mother figure, a girlfriend, and an onahole to him.

It's not really that Touka is suddenly becoming a mother figure, it is that Sensei seems to be forcing Touka into a matriarchal role for him, which Tsubasa seems to think would disappoint Touka:

Touka is more or less just being groomed into this role by those around her:
Especially since it's what Sensei wants from her:

Yasu is molding Touka into being a guardian, because she's too wholesome to let her freeze to death and drink alley leaves.
Tsubasa is molding Touka into being a landlord/landlady, because it's expected of her to eventually carry the family name.
Sensei is molding Touka into a motherly role because this is what he actually wants from her.

She's basically becoming Mommy Touka because she's too gullible and wholesome to resist, and well, she's good at it.

Ami and Niki are in similar situations when it comes to Sensei. I guess so is Otoha, and Nodoka in a way. Although, he has more of a big sister relationship with Niki and Otoha, even though they are both younger.
Doesn't Touka's appearance also have to do with her fitting the motherly bill for Sensei? She looks pretty similar to to Saki(long black hair, giant chest, etc.) and we know she didn't like him (Saki) very much according to Yasu. Touka's wholesome nature along with her appearance is what probably makes Sensei see her as a maternal figure even though every important female figure in his life has/ or wants to fuck him. And I think Yumi may have fit that bill also if she didn't call him "douche monkey" and whatever creative nicknames she came up with for him that I can't think of right now all the time.

Tangent: Has there been a clues given as to what the other name Parold E. Dolia(correct me if that's not the right god) knows Yumi as? Since its been revealed in Chapter 1(I think) there really hasn't been any clues or hints given as to what the name is.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15

siegabro

May 19, 2020
To be fair, girls among the "main cast" have a drastically different amount of content. Characters like Ayane, Makoto, Rin on one side and Touka, Yasu, Otoha on another are not even close in terms of development (understandably). So this is a bit arbitrary. And I vaguely remember Selebus saying that the splitting of characters into main and side doesn't reflect their importance in the story and that there are side characters more essential (e.g. Niki) than some "main girls"

Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
The problem with touka is that she basically already had her character arc and she did finish it. The arc started when she was put with yasu in the same dorm room and it ended when she was able to overcome her fear and did acclimatize to her new environment. And that motherly? Well, just look how much she has to take care of yasu. I dont even understand how that can be any mystery to people. Sel basically just did transplant that onto akira, because that is one of those things he didnt had filled out by that point.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Dc345

May 27, 2020
The "main cast" of the game are just students in Sensei's class. Their plot relevance doesn't have to do with whether or not they're are considered to be in the main cast or not. It's more of a identification thing. I.E Kirin being upgraded to the main cast after being placed into Sensei's class in Chapter 2.

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
Once again, on the topic of Touka - am I the only one who finds her character development kinda weird and not believable? When we first meet her, she is wholesome and gullible, and she stays this way throughout Ch2 and most of Ch3. She was not a very fleshed-out character, so obviously some depth needed to be introduced, but to me some of her new "traits" seem unwarranted and come out of nowhere.
They never called her motherly until around that time, but there were some parts that felt pretty close to it, like her brushing Yasu's hair and always treating her like a kid, and the way she talked to her from the moment they started to become actual friends or that beach event where she gifts you the flat though less present there.

siegabro

May 19, 2020
Keep in mind that Sensei's sister in law, was also like a mother figure, a girlfriend, and an onahole to him.

It's not really that Touka is suddenly becoming a mother figure, it is that Sensei seems to be forcing Touka into a matriarchal role for him, which Tsubasa seems to think would disappoint Touka:

Touka is more or less just being groomed into this role by those around her:
Especially since it's what Sensei wants from her:

Yasu is molding Touka into being a guardian, because she's too wholesome to let her freeze to death and drink alley leaves.
Tsubasa is molding Touka into being a landlord/landlady, because it's expected of her to eventually carry the family name.
Sensei is molding Touka into a motherly role because this is what he actually wants from her.

She's basically becoming Mommy Touka because she's too gullible and wholesome to resist, and well, she's good at it.

Ami and Niki are in similar situations when it comes to Sensei. I guess so is Otoha, and Nodoka in a way. Although, he has more of a big sister relationship with Niki and Otoha, even though they are both younger.
Thank you for actually referring to the source, as right now I'm unable to put enough effort for a proper research myself.
It's nice to see the story is aware that it forces a motherly role onto Touka instead of Touka just becoming a good mommy on her own solely through interacting with Yasu and Sensei.
My criticism is not about mommy-Touka being a turn that doesn't make any sense narratively. No, it kinda does. It's just that it feels somewhat rushed and undeserved. I just can't see how Touka simply damage-controlling Yasu's shenanigans would make Sensei think "hmm, I want her to be my mommy". As I see it, for this transition to be more believable, we would need more mature behaviour from Touka, more gradual shift in how Sensei views her and more resistance from Touka against others imposing this new role on her. But she just kinda runs with this weird new development for no reasons other than this would be convenient for the story. And not only she does it, but other main characters like Ayane (not even involved in her arc) start parroting the word "motherly" and it makes them look like mouthpieces in the hands of the writer who wants to push a certain narrative. Which is what all writers do by definition, but in the moment it becomes obvious, the magic fades and bad writing becomes apparent

ebb.flow.04

Dec 20, 2023
Caught up with the game having not played it for like half a year. Knew that Maya was going to eventually be reset but it still made me sad. Interesting to see that her demeanor is pretty similar, obviously way bolder but we were already seeing that side of her by the end of her cicle.

Now focusing on the resets and all that, I've got a question. Do somebody has a theory of when/why they started? an if Maya knew what happened in that original school year before getting reset. I'm going with the assumption that the events during the original school year eventually lead to this cicle of the world reseting and all that. I definitely remeber most agreeing that what started all this was sensei killing himself, but what were the reasons the make him do it? would like to hear what some of have piece together

My theory is that we have already seen some of the original events that happened during that year, not necessarily in order, like Ayane getting pregnant and losing the child (wich is why we see Himawari in some early events), Makoto's dad dying (tho, I'm still nor sure if that war is real or just a covenient plot device). And my theory is that when the girls lived through those events they became aware of the loops. I also believed the school collapsing and the second floor girls getting transferred in was a way for the world to force those girl into the classroom because they originaly were part of it.

Think that's effectively the only real mystery left, most of the past has been pieced together, save for some of the background of the girls.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Do somebody has a theory of when/why they started?
It is a test. At least for akira. Now i wonder if we will ever see what the go have to go trough. :unsure:

I definitely remeber most agreeing that what started all this was sensei killing himself,
Just why cant the masses not come up with endings/explanations that are not a variant of "it was all just a dream? And i highly doubt Sel will go for such a beginner trope.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Just why cant the masses not come up with endings/explanations that are not a variant of "it was all just a dream? And i highly doubt Sel will go for such a beginner trope.
Err... that's not the basis of the theory, the idea was Akira committing suicide got the gods involved, possibly as a wish from Maya and the time loop was set up with Akira getting reset like Makoto did in Blue Jay, and now they're in a very real if surreal purgatory. None of it is a dream and if it feels like a cop-out to you then i gotta wonder why when all this has to have been started for some reason, the entities didn't just a rock up one day and decide this specific dude was worth toying with.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
There are also a few "subtle" hints of Otoha liking being around kids:

Sensei even made a joke about her letting him fuck her if he was 11:
This was a little after she blushed when he mentioned acting like a little brother:

Overall: The game definitely wants us to at least think Otoha is the shotacon, and a brocon.

Interestingly, according to Nodoka, Otoha is becoming even more depraved:
If I were to guess, the context clues won't be all that necessary in the near future.
Well that's enough convincing for me. I'm not sure how I managed to ignore the connection with a lot of this. It seems very obvious when contextualised.

Now I'm quite interested in how her knowing Sekai's poetry in the context of her being a shotacon is going to be used between her and Akira in the future.

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Err... that's not the basis of the theory, the idea was Akira committing suicide got the gods involved, possibly as a wish from Maya and the time loop was set up with Akira getting reset like Makoto did in Blue Jay, and now they're in a very real if surreal purgatory. None of it is a dream and if it feels like a cop-out to you then i gotta wonder why when all this has to have been started for some reason, the entities didn't just a rock up one day and decide this specific dude was worth toying with.
Okay, that sounds a bit more reasonable, but i still doubt it. Why? Because of sekai and because of a statement i think from i dont remember who it was, that he has his blackouts already for a long time. And a long time can only mean before the loops started. So the involved of those supernatural weirdos must have happen already before the loops.

And i am not sure that they cared about Makoto herself, but more that she was needed for their little game. Oh, now that i think about it, maybe her dad was "killed off" as punishment, to force them to interven. :unsure:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Okay, that sounds a bit more reasonable, but i still doubt it. Why? Because of sekai and because of a statement i think from i dont remember who it was, that he has his blackouts already for a long time. And a long time can only mean before the loops started. So the involved of those supernatural weirdos must have happen already before the loops.

And i am not sure that they cared about Makoto herself, but more that she was needed for their little game. Oh, now that i think about it, maybe her dad was "killed off" as punishment, to force them to interven. :unsure:
Well, the game starts with you having to jump and then you're 'isekai'd' into a sensei with no memory of your previous life, then there's the happy scene on the roof of the school where Maya says that was their spot to meet and Akira has said he'd jump off a roof if he got someone pregnant (pretty sure about that one) so the theory came about putting all those together, that Maya and Akira met on the roof, she told him she was pregnant, he jumped, she prayed, gods came up with a malicious game, and yeah, that was the theory, some details are just guesses but it fits, so even if you have to fiddle with the details a bit, it fits, no way to know if it's right, but that's the theory, one of many. Agree with it or discard it, i'm only explaining it. As always, DeSkelly can/will fix up anything i got wrong or missed.

siegabro

May 19, 2020
do who know who or whats is "The Dark. The Light."?
Probably Sara's schizofrenia. Likely with supernatural origins, like everything in this world. We had multiple confirmations of Sara "seeing things", as well as Sana inheriting it. Not sure about the specific deities behind it, if that's what the question is about.

Also, on the topic of Sara, I do remember that back in the day Selebus talked of her having a special place in the story and even mentioned that he wanted to make some kind of spin-off or prequel about her, but I think this has been scrapped. Don't know the details, it just seems that Sara is a big deal

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes