barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Assuming this is true, I definitely figured. The Tsukiokas and Sakakibaras seem more involved than side characters should be.
Not at all surprised to see the Sakakibaras listed, that's been pretty obvious since Good Boy.

Tsubasa a bit less so, but she's definitely pulling enough strings to be more involved in things that we are currently aware of.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
isn't that a good thing? You have about 3 weeks of content to go through, and when you're done there will be another update.
depends on your mindset, I know I'll get tired eventually and will probably move on as I often do with everything else, unless the writing is so compelling that I really devour it. I like the story a lot but it's inevitable unfortunately, it's really hard to keep a level of storytelling that is so compelling for that long without some fat in between, and it's not like I expect the sex scenes to carry me to the finish line

I'll still try though, I know this is a me problem

Reactions: crustlord12

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Not at all surprised to see the Sakakibaras listed, that's been pretty obvious since Good Boy.

Tsubasa a bit less so, but she's definitely pulling enough strings to be more involved in things that we are currently aware of.
Tsubasa seems to be subtly creating her own world within Kumon-mi for Sensei, for whatever reason.

She's been involved in Sensei getting a place to house and fuck girls, through Touka, and has been using Tsukasa to seemingly tempt Sensei. Both Chinami and Tsukasa are more easy to "access" for Sensei thanks to her, as well as basically all of his relationships with the girls.

The Tsukioka restaurant at the beach, hotel on Christmas, and onsen for Chika, all seem to play a notable part in the plot.

And of course there's that Sakura tree at the mansion that seems important:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tsubasa along with Nao, and perhaps The World Itself, also all seem to want to be entertained by Sensei.

It kind of seems like the Tsukiokas are some kind of outside force that is subtly taking control of things, (with Tsubasa as the leader) which may be why Yasu felt wrong when going to their mansion with Sensei:
As if going somewhere that shouldn't exist. Or at least going somewhere where something shouldn't.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
And of course there's that Sakura tree at the mansion that seems important:
Tsubasa says the tree's been in the family for generations, which makes it beyond strange that THAT PARTICULAR tree would hold any significance to Sensei -- though we've been given plenty of indicators that cherry blossoms in general are VERY important to him (Sekai used cherry blossom-scented shampoo, according to one of the Sensei+Ami+bus scenes)

The implication that Sekai is buried under the tree seems like it would be a red herring.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Tsubasa says the tree's been in the family for generations, which makes it beyond strange that THAT PARTICULAR tree would hold any significance to Sensei -- though we've been given plenty of indicators that cherry blossoms in general are VERY important to him (Sekai used cherry blossom-scented shampoo, according to one of the Sensei+Ami+bus scenes)

The implication that Sekai is buried under the tree seems like it would be a red herring.
In theory, that room may just be an in universe rehash of Sekai's grave:
It's not exactly clear how this world works, so it may serve as some kind of 2nd grave for Sekai.

Also, keep in mind that the city itself doesn't seem affected by the resets much:
If the city still develops, then Trees and stuff might as well.

In theory, Sekai could have planted that tree at Tsukioka Manor "generations" ago. Or Tsubasa is simply lying and/or programmed to think what she does.

It's kind of like how all the girls have had multiples of the same holiday (including bdays), yet think they are still first years and the past few years were all in the year 2020. To most of the girls, they've only been around Sensei for months, even if they have years worth of memories within those months.

I also have to wonder if The Old District was the "The Old" District, back when the resets started, or if that's simply what it's become in the resets. Same with that old abandoned School, that Sensei has come across outside the barrier.

It could definitely just be a random Sakura, though.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Id say Rika so far. Hopefully she will have some more interesting events at some point.
I agree. Since I don't think Rin's mom is gonna show up, Rika's arc's still pretty uncertain right now. The only guess I could make so far is for her arc to be getting together with Osako, as she breaks up with Wakana. It may seem outlandish, but listen up, Osako and Rika actually have similar issues in regard to relationships. And if we do get a new relationships phase, RikaxOsako, RinxChika seems possible.

If not that one, I really can't say. Obviously her issue has to do with feeling washed up in life, not accepting her age, feeling that no one really cares about her. And that's pretty much all in her head, cause she's hot as hell, managed to score a job in the school, already raised a daughter that has a job and loves her, and will soon be moving into Touka's apartment (wild guess) since everyone else probably will. So, again, what's the character arc here? Cause it seems it's all pretty much solved before it even started.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Who do you all think is the least important character for the story? Not the character you like the least, but narratively for Akira
Wow this is hard to answer, it might be easier if we had any clue where this story is going to end up. Out of the main girls I would probably say Futuba, out of the side girls I would say Rika but I honestly have no idea.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
The community not giving credit to the Sakakibaras, with the sheer amount of times that Himawari shows up relating to them, and them being involved with supernatural stuff is the real surprise to me.

Tsubasa is more understandable, but yeah, the tree is a dead giveaway. Also what Deskel said about her creating her own little world, and more or less how at times it makes me compare her reasoning to meddling - with the world itself just wanting to be entertained.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Forgot to post this yesterday. I hadn't even realized New Maya went off on Noriko just like Prime did. New Maya must not have remembered Noriko being around.
A few angles I look into this are:

1. Maya's memory is reset to a state similar to the start of the game. This means already being close friends with Ami and Ayane, and knowing the existence of the first 10 students plus Molly, but then that's it; the rest is all gone.

This can explain the second lunge toward Noriko, and her questioning toward Sensei as to when he and Niki talk again. For the second example, what she meant is supposed to be the new progress between this ex-couple and this is something neither Prime or New Maya could have known. However, this to me subtly indicates that New Maya might have forgotten a kiss she bore witness to during a winter day outside of a hotel. If seeing Niki entering his house is enough to ignite Maya this much, the lack of implosion might imply that New Maya never knew that kiss at the first place (unless she remembered it but that kiss just meant nothing to her :WaitWhat:)
1718910896416.png

However, this would inadvertently mean that New Maya does not remember anything about the rest of 2F dorm residents or the dorm wars, and this would be one major memory hiccup. Unfortunately we don't have enough scenes to prove her potential lack of familiarity toward memories we've been through together with Prime Maya.

In addition, with her current personalities, New Maya might not give a flying fuck about anything (anything except Noriko because she's a real threat in her eyes) that happened outside of her already tiny circle anyway, or might pretend not to give a fuck while maintaining the habit of keeping it all in. As the days went by and marched away from the 6th reset, this hiccup would become less and less noticeable as she silently reacquainted to the changes "new to her" in the absence of Sensei, and we would have less and less chance to figure it out without some direct pressing questions.

My heart is on this route though this is not easy to get it right and is very susceptible to any potential oversight.

2. Excluding experiences about the reset, New Maya remembers EVERYTHING we've been through EXCEPT reuniting with Noriko or anything that involved Noriko, hence the second lunging. This direction is quite bizarre for the time being, as there is no current evidence that could support the reasoning behind this selective memory deletion that somehow is Noriko-dependent.

3. Maya lost her experience toward any form of fuckery, her jaded personalities and her spacetime-transcending love toward Sensei, but retained the rest of her memories that don't violate the aforementioned principles. Thus, New Maya remembered almost EVERYTHING. The second lunge in fact wasn't from "reacquainting with Noriko the second time", but from a different reason that didn't involve memory misalignment, things like somehow Maya thought Sensei being broken again was Noriko's fault or simply let out her negative emotion induced by Sensei's absence on Noriko.

This direction takes advantage of the fact that we don't really know what that New Maya's outburst toward Noriko was about, or precisely when it happened (it was “last month” from Christmas Eve, but what I care about is whether it was Maya seeing Noriko for the first time after 6th reset, or just some time in November), and intentionally interprets it another way.

The memory situation in this direction would be easier (and convenient) to proceed. Neither Selly or us need to be that careful about what New Maya should or should not remember. However, this would massively lower the significance of Noriko’s concern. As in, Noriko at best noticed Maya's slight but affirmed personality shift, and not her memory loss because there was no such thing under this assumption.

In any case, since Ayane hasn't taken it upon herself, doing this type of memory survey and updating Sensei yet, I am hoping the incoming Noriko events will have something to do with it. Or don't, I don't know, I'd love to see Noriko make some major strides just for herself without Maya, Ami, or even Niki being in the way

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I thought we already knew of a connection between Tsubasa and Sekai? Something about possibly being friends in college? And no, not confusing that with Kirin's dad's connection.
You may be referring to Wakana and Tsubasa. They both went to the same all girls private school. They are also both rich girls, but Tsubasa is way older. (Chapter 3's Tsubasa 'Playing God' Event)

Sekai didn't seem to be all that wealthy, and based off her being around the Kanda's father, I doubt she went to an all girls school, or a private one.

I may have forgotten something though.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
You may be referring to Wakana and Tsubasa. They both went to the same all girls private school. They are also both rich girls, but Tsubasa is way older. (Chapter 3's Tsubasa 'Playing God' Event)

Sekai didn't seem to be all that wealthy, and based off her being around the Kanda's father, I doubt she went to an all girls school, or a private one.

I may have forgotten something though.
Yeah i could very easily be misremembering stuff, especially since i feel like this memory is sourced from reading something one of you guys wrote... but i feel like was more of a connection than that, i felt like there was a third but i just couldn't remember and you suggesting Wakana feels right, so the memory is something involving all three of them... that being said, if no one pipes up with some kind of corroboration for it i will easily put it down to corrupted memories, heavens know i have more than plenty of them.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes